R&L | waivering liftgate, residential, and other charges...

sapper

TB Lurker
Credits
So for the past few weeks, I have been arriving earlier at the terminal so I can hook up and try to make on the spot corrections to the routing of my run. I have many customers that close at 11am for lunch, and if the run isnt routed a certain way ,I could lose time which we all know is a big no-no. So while making said corrections on the manifest that hangs outside my trailer, I noticed that alot of my liftgate and residential deliveries during this multi-week period had this in the decription portion of the loading manifest:

LIFT GATE CHARGES WAIVED
RESIDENTIAL CHARGES WAIVED
HAZMAT CHARGES WAIVED

Really? These same waivers do not show on the DR,s though, so is this something that is supposed to be on the Down Low or what?
I find it hard to feel the hard times of a company especially when the company made almost 16 million in these charges last year alone..

Am I right to be a little pissed off or am I being ignorant?

Last edited by a moderator:
I see this a lot, it says nothing on the DR about them paying or having certain charges waved. I do what I am supposed to do and get the initials, and then when I get back I have seen when they are entered into the computer it will not let them enter the charges because they have either been paid already or waived. Most of the time these charges are waived is because they were grandfathered into when we used to do this stuff for free, or a new customer that we want to get on the hook and then stab them in the back later. I do not think it is a "down low' deal, just how things do not always get onto the DR like they should type of deal.

It's all in the pricing agreement that the carriers works out with the customer. Sometimes the charges are waived and other times their discounted just depends on the pricing.

thanks for the insight, sorry for the delay in responding been working big hrs lately and just too busy to post...