Wal-Mart maybe the Best professional driving jobs in this era !

We get paid twice a month. Heres what I recomend,get your interview and road test out of the way. If you make it to the point where you get an offer you still have time to back out if things dont look like they will work for you here. You will have pay and benefits explained to you at the time of your offer by that offices HR person. They will help you understand whats available as far as insurance and other benefits go.

Should you accept the offer you put the wheels in motion back in Bentonville and your back round rectal exam begins,at this point you need to have your ducks in a row and a plan in place on how to deal with seperation from your current employer.

As far as orientation you will get 40 hours of pay for the week in class then for your mentor time you will be making regular driver pay. Your mentor time lasts as long as you need it to,they want you comfortable before your turned loose. In case your wondering your mentor is payed his or her ADP ( average dailey pay) while your on thier truck. You are not being used as a money making tool for your mentor. Mentors are chosen very carefully by the transportation manager and ops team,they want those that will set the new drivers off on the right foot. I may try for a mentor spot when our next class comes thru.

Hey Doug, I'm hearing two different stories on store discounts is it 10% or 25% discount on store purchases for employees?Thanks!

10% on non food all year,during the holidays its extends to food.

Hey Doug, My girl has been at Wal-Mart for 27 yrs, she has her lifetime card, she gets 10% on every purchase, food or whatever, I asked her about this and she said its 10% on everything, I will show her your post and get a straight answer, if anyone will know it will be her.

Dianna just woke up so I asked her, she said, nothing on clearence, but all food and goods, you get the 10% with your card, with the exception of some fruits and vegetables that are seasonal, pretty much what you buy you get at a 10% off with your card, my darling Angel knows :)

BTW, I met her at Wal-Mart and we are getting married, in September!!!

You are correct,I must have been thinking about Kroger. My card gets used almost everyday but I really dont pay much attention except on larger purchases. Even after a year Im still learning about benefits we have,it was the same at Kroger. Thanks for the clarification and congratulations,for my wife and I it will be twenty years in September.

Hey guy's is it true that a new hire has to wait 1 year for prescription coverage but insurance for driver and family instant? Thanks!

Both insurance plans I have used (Blue Cross,Kaiser) were available from day one with perscription coverage. You can choose 4.00 perscriptions at Walmart or get the reduced rates at other pharmacys. Prescriptions are actually less now than they were with my teamsters blue cross.

As far as other associates maybe grocerythrower could handle that one.

Both insurance plans I have used (Blue Cross,Kaiser) were available from day one with perscription coverage. You can choose 4.00 perscriptions at Walmart or get the reduced rates at other pharmacys. Prescriptions are actually less now than they were with my teamsters blue cross.

As far as other associates maybe grocerythrower could handle that one.
I can ask Dianna anything you guys need, she is in the pharmacy.

You are on the ball,do you have a chip in your head that sends a shock out everytime your needed here on the forum?

No Doug..LOL, I was just up looking around, fixin to go to bed, got to start at 1700 tonite, Dianna is a pharm tech, has been for years, if you guys need info, she can get it, best thing to do is PM me if you have a question, this is the only subscribed thread I have in the WM forum, other than the old ones and they may have expired.

Thanks Doug! Still waiting on that phone call! Monday will be a month since I applied, does it usually take a while to hear anything from them once you have applied? Will they let you know if they are interested in you or not? The only thing I'm worried about is I have had to file Bankruptcy in the past do you think they really look down on that?I really appreciate all the info that you tell me!

Thanks Doug! Still waiting on that phone call! Monday will be a month since I applied, does it usually take a while to hear anything from them once you have applied? Will they let you know if they are interested in you or not? The only thing I'm worried about is I have had to file Bankruptcy in the past do you think they really look down on that?I really appreciate all the info that you tell me!

You will get an email if they DO NOT pick you. Either way, you will be notified. They called me for an interview right at 88 days. So be patient.

Hey Doug, you seem to be the "go to" guy for Walmart driver information.

Does the Buckeye, AZ DC ever do any hiring?? We live in Payson, but I would have no problems going to Buckeye. Yes the pay would be about the same as what I have now, but it will be consistant, with consistant time off. Right now there are not enough hours in the day in the winter, but in the summer you struggle to make much. I currently haul propane.

Hey Doug, you seem to be the "go to" guy for Walmart driver information.

Does the Buckeye, AZ DC ever do any hiring?? We live in Payson, but I would have no problems going to Buckeye. Yes the pay would be about the same as what I have now, but it will be consistant, with consistant time off. Right now there are not enough hours in the day in the winter, but in the summer you struggle to make much. I currently haul propane.

You just missed the application period for Buckeye And Apple Valley by a few weeks. Not sure if Buckeye will be taking on new drivers again this year. I can give a call over there and find out what their future plans are. We are getting ready to hire 20 here at Apple Valley and will most likely hire again at the start of 2013.

The commute over to Apple by guys living in PHX and vice versa is not unheard of in fact I thought about doing it myself. You just need to get in the door where you can then put in your year and transfer out to Buckeye. I was living in WA when I got an offer from Apple. When you transfer you start back at the bottom but move up into your seniority spot after six months. You can transfer once a year to any DC that has an opening.

You just missed the application period for Buckeye And Apple Valley by a few weeks. Not sure if Buckeye will be taking on new drivers again this year. I can give a call over there and find out what their future plans are. We are getting ready to hire 20 here at Apple Valley and will most likely hire again at the start of 2013.

The commute over to Apple by guys living in PHX and vice versa is not unheard of in fact I thought about doing it myself. You just need to get in the door where you can then put in your year and transfer out to Buckeye. I was living in WA when I got an offer from Apple. When you transfer you start back at the bottom but move up into your seniority spot after six months. You can transfer once a year to any DC that has an opening.

My only issue is living an additional 100 miles from Phoenix, and having a 10-year-old that I like to spend time with............. not to mention my wife. I have been with my current company for almost 7 years, and am the Senior Driver. However, the company I worked for previously (NFI) did one of those fabulous things of posting false information on my DAC report, and that comes off in October. I wouldn't want to give Walmart any reason to not take me, especially when I haven't had a ticket or accident in 25+ years, while having driven well over 1.5 million miles.

So, if you could find out their future plans in Buckeye, it would be greatly appreciated. It isn't like I'm not gainfully employed at this time. I just want to find my last job. I HATE switching jobs.

Thank you in advance. Rick

My only issue is living an additional 100 miles from Phoenix, and having a 10-year-old that I like to spend time with............. not to mention my wife. I have been with my current company for almost 7 years, and am the Senior Driver. However, the company I worked for previously (NFI) did one of those fabulous things of posting false information on my DAC report, and that comes off in October. I wouldn't want to give Walmart any reason to not take me, especially when I haven't had a ticket or accident in 25+ years, while having driven well over 1.5 million miles.

So, if you could find out their future plans in Buckeye, it would be greatly appreciated. It isn't like I'm not gainfully employed at this time. I just want to find my last job. I HATE switching jobs.

Thank you in advance. Rick

I will get back to you by the end of the week.