FedEx Freight | Wal-Mart starting drivers at $110k,AND paying for them to get their CDL.

I could never drive for walmart.

I was a temp years ago and the one call they finally gave me was the Walmart Warehouse DC in Searcy. (The Store side, not the sams side)

The company cheer and be safe talk turned me off. Im not a circus clown to perform on demand for the people.

They did have 8 trailers going out and 12 coming in. Big old cart throw everything on it going this trailer, that trailer and the one over yonder and back over to hither thither and yon. Eventually you map it all out mentally and keep going. And going and going.

They threw me out after four hours. Saying I was getting too expensive for a temp.

I am happy to say that most of the 20 trailers attached to that particular section was loaded, reloaded or sorted or unloaded my own self.

Two weeks of whiskey therapy took care of the back eventually. I told the Temp people not to waste my CDL skills in this way.

They were offended then fired me. Which was what i wanted.

No thanks. Most of our road board is around that or better and home nightly. City drivers with their OT are easily 70k if not more. I used to do OTR 20 years ago. I'll pass.