Wal-Mart verses Frito top driving job in country?

cracker stacker

TB Lurker
Credits
Wal-Mart verses Frito lay
Anybody have any knowledge,current at Frito for 27 years.Doing too much unloading have up coming road test at Wally.

I do not work for Wal-Mart. That being said, conversations with ex coworkers that do work there say the work and pay are decent. Just do not expect to get home.Most are out for the week. And as a new guy, most likely not the weekends. Holidays if it happens to fall on your day off. That is what I have been told. For your sake, hopefully I am misinformed

I do not work for Wal-Mart. That being said, conversations with ex coworkers that do work there say the work and pay are decent. Just do not expect to get home.Most are out for the week. And as a new guy, most likely not the weekends. Holidays if it happens to fall on your day off. That is what I have been told. For your sake, hopefully I am misinformed
Truck driving jobs suck, they always did but now the pay is no longer commensurate with the hardship.

I've been with Walmart for 3 yrs prior to that I drove for UPS freight. I don't know anything about frito lay but I will tell you about Walmart. There are multiple schedules to choose from they are called programs. you will have to work the weekend and you get extra mileage pay. I'm on a 5 on 5 off program. Driving for Walmart the only thing you will do is drive, roll the landing gear down and disconnect the airlines. At our larger D.C's we don't even pump fuel someone does it for us. We get payed for everything. We get payed for arriving to any location we then get payed for hooking to a trailer at that location live load pay if we live load At a vendor. We also get payed to take our 10 hour break. Walmart is the safest fleet in the country. The hiring process is very long. You will be rewarded with the best driving job there is. Guys who work a regular 5 day work week and off 2 are making over 100k a year. There is no pressure there is no such thing as a hot load over here. You are your own boss of driving the truck.

Heard you guys are getting audio and video cameras even facing you. Don't sound like the good place it use to be.

Wal-Mart verses Frito lay
Anybody have any knowledge,current at Frito for 27 years.Doing too much unloading have up coming road test at Wally.
I was a Frito driver in the 90's when it's was still a premium job, as I left CF to work for Frito and got a heck of a raise to do so. My friends who still work there say it isn't as good as it once was. I left Frito due to a plant closure and did not want to relocate. I was at Walmart for about 2 months several years ago in between carhaul jobs. I didn't stay because I just didn't want to be gone from home for up to 5 days. For most people it probably doesn't get any better in trucking. They are great people to work for and treat you like Frito did back in the day. If you have 27 years of senority you probably work mon-fri now. You will probably work Thursday-Monday at Walmart for a while or another schedule that includes some weekends. You may not get home once during your week depending on where you live in relation to the DC you work at. You are accustomed to hotels or being home every night, but you will be sleeping in the truck or paying for your own room. You are accustomed to physical activity at Frito, but Walmart is nothing but drop and hook. Since you are wanting to get away from unloading this would be a plus for Walmart. It is an awesome job, but it totally depends on how important home time is to you and having to work holidays and weekends. Most drivers love it there because it really is a great place to work. If I lived closer to the DC I worked at, I probably would have retired from there. Hope you like it!

Last edited: