XPO | Walkabouts to Miami?

I think you're misunderstanding the policy. There are only two banks- one for all of the time you had at the end of last year, called the Legacy Bank, and another bank for the new policy containing everything you have earned this year and beyond. You use the NEW bank first. Once it's gone, then you draw from the Legacy. If you leave, you keep any legacy bank money left over, no matter how old it is. Anything in the new bank from the current year you keep. Anything older than that in the new bank goes away. Therefore, the new policy only affects time earned under the new policy. That's about as fair as it gets for a policy change.
Sorry sir, you are incorrect. Look at the PTO balance area on your pay stub. 1 for current year balance, 1 for previous year carryover. I've already talked to our personnel clerk. I'd show you a screen shot, but I can't cover the pertinent information.
If you want to call carryover time a legacy bank, you could be partially correct, only this policy applied to new employees as well. This is the way they distinguish what they can keep, what they can't. I have 50 some odd current, 40 some odd carryover. If they fire me today, the 40 some odd are theirs.

Last edited:
Sorry sir, you are incorrect. Look at the PTO balance area on your pay stub. 1 for current year balance, 1 for previous year carryover. I've already talked to our personnel clerk. I'd show you a screen shot, but I can't cover the pertinent information.
If you want to call carryover time a legacy bank, you could be partially correct, only this policy applied to new employees as well. This is the way they distinguish what they can keep, what they can't. I have 50 some odd current, 40 some odd carryover. If they fire me today, the 40 some odd are theirs.
Thanks for that info.

Sorry sir, you are incorrect.

Yup, turns out I was. I didn't know that they separated your current and past time. They do use the current year time first, as you said, and you lose the rollover time. My apologies.

There is a third bucket for the Legacy time, which is any time you had banked at the end of 2016, which you wouldn't lose.

Hey, I learned something today.

Yup, turns out I was. I didn't know that they separated your current and past time. They do use the current year time first, as you said, and you lose the rollover time. My apologies.

There is a third bucket for the Legacy time, which is any time you had banked at the end of 2016, which you wouldn't lose.

Hey, I learned something today.

No apology necessary....we are here to pass along information and ideas.
It's just their way of reminding of what they can keep. I say if you've earned it, it's yours and they should have to cut a check on separation. We have a fella almost maxed out on his bank....he's worried about losing it over an accident or something.
We also should be allowed to sell it back of we don't use it.

Last edited: