Dayton | Walmart or Dayton p&d

Tatermasher

TB Lurker
Credits
I have the opportunity to go with either Walmart transportation or go to Dayton running p&d. Walmart offers $110k first year but it would take a while to ever get weekends or holidays off. I was hoping to get a little info on what a p&d driver could expect to make. I believe with Dayton I would have a better work life balance being Monday thru Friday and most weekends off as well as holidays but didn’t know how much $ I could expect. I also believe that the benefits are better at Dayton as well.
Thanks in advance for your input.

I do not work for either. That said, do you like being home daily? Working mainly during the day? Then Dayton.

As with most LTL companies, running P&D really depends on the service center location, and local management.
Some places you need to claw and scratch to get 40 hours, other locations will run your bag off week after week.

I know guys that work at both, great places to work. Remember one thing LTL P/D is a Monday to Friday gig , line haul usually gets done Saturday morning. Groceries are 7 days a week and busy around holidays. Walmart has some crazy runs, 6 on 3 off, 5 on 3 off, 5 on 2 off, 4 on 4 off, 5 on 5 off, there designed to keep trucks rolling everyday.