Estes | Walmart

I figured that we’d lose some drivers after Walmart put out their new pay scale. At my terminal we’ve lost a bunch to other LTL carriers. None to Walmart so far

Well, it wouldn't be over pay. Walmart is a lateral step at best, with no seniority. And it would depend if you like those conditions for you personality fit over Estes. No thank you. Plus, don't trust a company that makes it so difficult to calculate pay in advance, look elsewhere.

I've heard of 1 driver going to Walmart out of Dallas or FT Worth years ago. He ran team at Estes

I think it depends on your terminal. I got called by Walmart. Really thinking about it. We barely have any schedule runs out of my terminal and freight levels are low

If I wanted to run the road I'd just go XB. At least I'd have the bed bugs to keep me company at the motel.

I don't think my terminal has lost anyone to them. But we're also a little ways away from any Walmart DC.

Well, it wouldn't be over pay. Walmart is a lateral step at best, with no seniority. And it would depend if you like those conditions for you personality fit over Estes. No thank you. Plus, don't trust a company that makes it so difficult to calculate pay in advance, look elsewhere.
I'll repeat an earlier post, anytime a prospective employer mentions the word "formula" when you question them about your possible future rate of pay, politely stop him or her and say no thank you and run.

Negative on anyone I know of or have heard of. My dad quit Walmart to come to Estes in 2018 when WM started slip seating and cutting out their week on week off schedules amongst other things. Check out Raymond Gibbs YouTube channel. He’s a Walmart driver out of Shelby NC, been there a few years, gives a really good run down of how his days go and the money aspect.

All these posts point to what should have been done by all carriers, is hourly pay, along with OT, period. That will separate the good companies from the ones with all the strings attached pay schemes. I doubt you will ever see it though, since most truckload carriers know their hourly rate now only works out to about $15-18 an hour.

I've listened to a few Wal-Mart drivers videos since it was mentioned. I'll admit, I used to think their pay was close to ours based on what I've heard. They may get paid for other things but the final result is no comparison to Linehaul anyhow

All these posts point to what should have been done by all carriers, is hourly pay, along with OT, period. That will separate the good companies from the ones with all the strings attached pay schemes. I doubt you will ever see it though, since most truckload carriers know their hourly rate now only works out to about $15-18 an hour.
Ha ha scheme , and payday is called " weekly settlement " guess I need an attorney to get paid

The only thing that would make me think about switching to Walmart is that they get paid for everything, unlike Estes. I would have so much more $ if I got paid for sitting around while waiting.