SEFL | Wanting to go system

CajunRebel82

TB Lurker
Credits
Hey guys, the SEFL board seems dead so I don't know if this will even reach anyone. Hired on in BTR linehaul in January. Was supposed to be system wild (which I really wanted) and right as I got hired the system wild was eliminated in BTR. Was told by management that it was company-wide but I still talk to drivers that are running the system wild every day. Ended up starting on vacation relief and bid to a 3/2 which is supposed to be slow turns each week. I may lay down 2 to 3 times a month. I really would rather run system because I want to stay out and go further than the state next door.

What are the chances of me asking my service center manager to let me run system and it actually happening. I'd even transfer to LAF or NRL if it meant I could run system. (not sure if either of those two service centers still have system wild either)

Thanks,

Cajun

Hey guys, the SEFL board seems dead so I don't know if this will even reach anyone. Hired on in BTR linehaul in January. Was supposed to be system wild (which I really wanted) and right as I got hired the system wild was eliminated in BTR. Was told by management that it was company-wide but I still talk to drivers that are running the system wild every day. Ended up starting on vacation relief and bid to a 3/2 which is supposed to be slow turns each week. I may lay down 2 to 3 times a month. I really would rather run system because I want to stay out and go further than the state next door.

What are the chances of me asking my service center manager to let me run system and it actually happening. I'd even transfer to LAF or NRL if it meant I could run system. (not sure if either of those two service centers still have system wild either)

Thanks,

Cajun
Best to talk to central dispatch and tell them that's what you want. The TM really has no control over linehaul. Besides they want their tractors back for the city runs. Call central and tell them you have a bag packed for the week. Used to have guys on 2 & 1/2 that would do that religiously when freight was slow to get extra miles than run their schedule when freight was good. If they can't accommodate look into Estes. They'll let you stay out a couple weeks at a time.