Ward for teamsters!

watch what you wish for! with a flat economy,and ward not doing all that well from what i hear....that may put them out of business-also some of the ward family started up a new trucking outfit called price-tran,so they may be planing ahead for the end of ward trucking who knows?

I was gonna ask about Price - Trans, was it a unhappy family split ? I know some big people left Ward for Price.

Ward trucking has become a 3rd rate company. I believe the end is near.

I dont have anything in this fight but if the end is near and they are 3rd rate as you say,what good would bringing in the union be?Good luck to you guys either way.

There always seems to be good reasons to keep the union out of any company like the economy is good or the economy is bad or the sky is blue or it is going to rain. After thirty years of that way of thinking you get what we have today which is stagnant wages and benefits if you are lucky. I was raised to believe Americans fight for a better life. But, that is just how I was raised.

There always seems to be good reasons to keep the union out of any company like the economy is good or the economy is bad or the sky is blue or it is going to rain. After thirty years of that way of thinking you get what we have today which is stagnant wages and benefits if you are lucky. I was raised to believe Americans fight for a better life. But, that is just how I was raised.

Im not saying you are wrong,but if you force a contract on them will they fold? who knows

Ward Frowns on anyone who even mutters the words union. They will quickly decide your fate. The terminal that I currently work at the entire work force is disgruntled and scared. I've Chosen that it is in my best interest to part ways asap. On the upside, I don't have to grab the first thing that comes along.

Ward Buffalo Has all Ryder Rental tractors now. All the company branded tractors look like they have been taken out ????

They told us that they were in the process of buying all new fleet. 1960 one stack Macks with a window in the back.

How can they be crying poor if I interpret correctly here? They do not pay overtime? More money in the owners pockets to fund operation or therefore lack of?:confused:

Ward had one Teamster Terminal. It was Totowa, NJ. (rt. 46 E Great Notch exit), Mikey Sciarra was the Steward, when I was a #560 member. After the last NMFA strike, they shut it down and moved it out of Local #560 control. I didn't know they were non-union until I moved to PA. in 1979, because I worked Metro NY, NJ,...or ran New England, which Ward never serviced direct. Maybe there are some older employee's that remember?

we just had a ward driver apply at new penn. he came in with his ward uniform & hat to watch our brain washing company videos

I finally left Ward trucking this March. it was the longest most grueling experience of my life. I had to tough it out while my wife found new steady employment.

The terminal I worked for was in Richfield Ohio. I was hands down the absolute worst trucking company I've ever worked for. Their equipment was in shambles bubble gum and duct tape repairs. The morale was pathetic due to miserable benefits, low pay and constant mistreatment from the upper the upper management. I worked for the local delivery end. they operated half the state with only 40 drivers. Routes were barley doable because of constant late departures, mechanical issues and just poor leadership.

The terminal manager would never answer or solve an issue due to his bobbled headed responses and lack of interest. the dispatcher were egocentric and ac ted like spoiled children rather than listen to any concerns or issues encountered in the course of a day. it was always the drivers problem and rest assured that there will be a write up in your future if you express your concern for the lack of support. There was no use in going over their heads to H.R. in the home office since the had little concern for something that wasn't in their immediate vicinity.

The constant mishandling of dangerous and hazardous materials resulting in spills and damaged freight that was always being covered up was appalling not to mention illegal and environmentally hazardous. I know that they had been fined for illegal storage of damaged hazardous materials once before so they decided to just take their chances discarding it in the dumpsters. I consider myself lucky to have had an opportunity open for me so that I could leave the misery.

I would never suggest this company to anyone friend or foe. i just don't hate anyone that much.