ODFL | Warehouse has solar power

All the new service centers should be going as green as possible, even the older ones should be working on going green. Just think what a wolrd would be like paperless.....

i have thought about the green energy and right now not impressed. first solar panels cost 5 times what electricity does maybe in the long run it would payoff some what but you also have to remember that they need sun light and i haven't been somewhere where there is constant sunlight it always gets cloudy. being 100 percent solar panel wouldn't be effective and if a company the size of od starts paying for solar panels for terminals then i dont think we would have to worry about new trucks or equipment for awhile. i know that they probably have electricity on top of solar panels but i would be curious as to what the benefit is price wise. i have done my little research on green cars and can say this they range from going anywhere from 60-200 miles takes 5 1/2 hours to charge if you are running empty if you have to replace the batteries they cost anywhere from 1000-6000. you have to have a special charging unit so its not like you can just plug them in at your house. they don't have many places that actually have a place you can plug them in. americians just dont really want electric cars. the volt sold i believe 6000 cars. in the united states in 2000 there where 190,625,023 drivers. so 6000 cars shows you that we are just not that interested. besides we like horse power and the sounds they make. imagine driving your truck that all electric it would never make it up a hill,lol. yes i have my concerns about things but they need to make something we actually want not what the government thinks we need. i think we will go paperless soon i know with most of my bills i can get paperless witch would be great because i would get no more junk mail. i dont know everything about green but i do learn about it and if they made it cost effective then i would be for it unless it came to my sportbike i cant have an electric sport bike.

This is a sight to see..The panel's sit flat on the roof so from the road you really don't see them.This is a big tax right off for OD.My understanding from the installer's&employee's there at the Vault&from newspaper report's that they are selling the power back to Duke Power.Glad to see OD getting Green.I know that our term's shop is trying to recycle has much has possible.Also you probable have seen the new light's that went up in most term.'s the past couple of yrs.They are sensor'd to go off when no-one is around.They burn less energy.It is great to see this this thing's going on&show's that OD care's about our footprint on the earth.

can't wait to see them do the sensor lights in the yard. lights go on in front of you and go off behind you . .just have that creepy all alone feeling LOL