warn act

Isnt Jevic supposed to give a little bit more than ONE days notice of saying youre out the door according to this WARN act?

don't count on getting anything, went threw 2 shutdowns (standard trucking 1993 and service transport 2005) never got a thing from either one

FOR ALL WHO CARE:
Legal action has already been started with the state of New Jersey in regards to the WARN act and Jevic terminating medical insurance without a 30 day notice.
Not sure what good it will do but the state wasn't aware of the closing and the termination of coverage. All I can say is that everyone should put in a call to the State of New Jersey and keep our legal options open.

Who do we contact in New Jersey? Any body working in the office in Delanco right now? They aren't answering the phones and we want to know when pay is being issued. I work in HR for my company and when we terminate an employee we have to issue all pay he is due immediately.

For all that need the phone # to file a complaint for less than 30 day notificaton of termination of benefits with the State of New Jersey, here is the phone #: 609-292-2323.

Not sure if filing anything will do any good but at least it lets us voice our concerns and get a little steam off.

:shock:

Pay....I doubt that anyone will get paid for any work that they complete this week or possibly even last week. Hate to say it but probably everyone who worked last week will be SOL.
Anyone who has any vacation or sick pay days left will probably be SOL also!
If they have the "balls" to break a federal law regarding the 30 day termination WARN ACT.
We also have already contacted Fidelty and they weren't aware of the company cessation of existing. So, I urge all that have accounts with Fidelty to contact them also.....I believe that if you have less than 7 years of serve with the company then you aren't considered vested and the company can take back any contributions to the accounts.