Yellow | Warning letters for no lunches

[quote author=pilot108 link=topic=80104.msg831876#msg831876 date=1274516712]
To all the city drivers out there,if you are not told to work without lunch , take it ,nuff said. You know you are screwing the contract if you do'nt take your lunch, why are we even having this debate
[/quote] Just to be clear. If you are referring to me, that is not what I said that I do. I always take my lunch, period. But, sometimes I take it late to make service to the customers. Until I get a :nutkick: for it, customer service comes first, my lunch period comes second.

[quote author=Northern Flash link=topic=80104.msg832494#msg832494 date=1274701923]
To all the city drivers out there,if you are not told to work without lunch , take it ,nuff said. You know you are screwing the contract if you do'nt take your lunch, why are we even having this debate
[/quote] Just to be clear. If you are referring to me, that is not what I said that I do. I always take my lunch, period. But, sometimes I take it late to make service to the customers. Until I get a :nutkick: for it, customer service comes first, my lunch period comes second.
[/quote] I wasn't picking you out,just saying why get a letter for something that is in the contract? I know you want to keep your costumers happy, if the management doesn't care, is the costumer going to miss you when you are suspended or fired for all the letters? :nono:

[quote author=pilot108 link=topic=80104.msg834467#msg834467 date=1275421917]
[quote author=Northern Flash link=topic=80104.msg832494#msg832494 date=1274701923]
[/quote] I wasn't picking you out,just saying why get a letter for something that is in the contract? I know you want to keep your costumers happy, if the management doesn't care, is the costumer going to miss you when you are suspended or fired for all the letters? :nono:
[/quote] With one single letter, (or verbal warning) I would have to stop taking a late lunch when it is required to make service. But, I'm willing to make the late lunch sacrifice to make service to the customers. That's how I roll. No harm done to either side (contract or company) as far as I'm concerned. But, I know that the customers appreciate it. :thumbsup:

Holland might be a different story how ever with all the laid offs every driver should take their lunch . Look at it this way if 8 guys take a no lunch that's a total on 8 hours or 1 days pay for a laid off driver 16 no lunches is 2 laid offs drivers that could be called back . When all the drivers are called back then take all the no lunches you can get knock yourself out . Now I would suggest that all employees at 309 should never/never do a favor for any body in management . Their job is to write up , fire and aggravate the employees that's what their there for . I have always heard story's about them but now it's real life . :duel:

[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=80104.msg831941#msg831941 date=1274534729]
[/quote]It is like what you posted on another thread. Mismanagement is the key word. Management is trying to give themselves a name by writing letters and starting profiles on people. That is their only job security they have, sad but true.
[/quote]
all you do is spew crap....... managents job is to get the :badword: feight to destination.. come hook or crook it needs to get the dest. term. period! So we can all continue to have a means of supporting our families... not just me but you guys.. this is team effort here.. I might be in the minorety here at least on the management side but damn it this is how I see things.. and this is how I run things in my barn.. I do the utmost to abide by the contract and do things the right way within the rules at least on the L/H side of things

DO NOT intimate or post knowledge or supposed knowledge of a TB members name or location in a post. Vwaggs

[quote author=drv.foreman link=topic=80104.msg834599#msg834599 date=1275461371]
[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=80104.msg831941#msg831941 date=1274534729]
[/quote]It is like what you posted on another thread. Mismanagement is the key word. Management is trying to give themselves a name by writing letters and starting profiles on people. That is their only job security they have, sad but true.
[/quote]
all you do is spew crap....... managents job is to get the :badword: feight to destination.. come hook or crook it needs to get the dest. term. period! So we can all continue to have a means of supporting our families... not just me but you guys.. this is team effort here.. I might be in the minorety here at least on the management side but damn it this is how I see things.. and this is how I run things in my barn.. I do the utmost to abide by the contract and do things the right way within the rules at least on the L/H side of things
[/quote]It isn't crap. The drivers and dock workers aren't the people who are calling the shots. They can only do what their told to do. The only main responcibility for a driver/dock is to advise dispatch of any or all situations/problems, if any.

Teamwork happens until their is a problem, then management will blame the driver, because it is the faster way of distinguishing the problem, and the best way for management to cover their ***. That's when management play the famous lie, deny, and blame game. Everything reflects on management and how YRC is making decisions.

Something to think about on the next lunch break. :biglaugh:

[quote author=pup driver link=topic=80104.msg834587#msg834587 date=1275455183]
Holland might be a different story how ever with all the laid offs every driver should take their lunch . When all the drivers are called back then take all the no lunches you can get knock yourself out . [/quote] If you had read the posts earlier in this thread, you would know that we weren't talking about "not taking a lunch". We were talking about taking a late lunch trying to service the customers. BUT STILL TAKING A LUNCH. Taking a late lunch doesn't cost anybody an an opportunity to come to work.

2m5b2wj.jpg

I had an operations manager who followed drivers and made sure they took it on time​

[quote author=thejoe link=topic=80104.msg834897#msg834897 date=1275579727]
2m5b2wj.jpg

I had an operations manager who followed drivers and made sure they took it on time​
[/quote]Looks like one of the dock supervisors at 309, just needs to get a pair of eye glasses. :biglaugh:

Posted by: Northern Flash
With one single letter, (or verbal warning) I would have to stop taking a late lunch when it is required to make service. But, I'm willing to make the late lunch sacrifice to make service to the customers. That's how I roll. No harm done to either side (contract or company) as far as I'm concerned. But, I know that the customers appreciate it. :thumbsup:

working thru is s-o-p at a lot of companies. The priority of YRC is not the service. The priority of YRC is to reduce overtime. If taking your lunch means a return will happen there-by reducing your overtime by a half hour you are defeating their goal because you got that stop off by taking your lunch later. It would be sad to get disciplined because you care and they don't

[/quote]
[/quote] ain't his initials, its --- ha ha ain't gonna tell ya! :fart:

[quote author=pilot108 link=topic=80104.msg835075#msg835075 date=1275657965]
[/quote]
[/quote] ain't his initials, its --- ha ha ain't gonna tell ya! :fart:
[/quote]Careful Pilot108, the driver foreman can issue a letter for arguing with him on-line. :biglaugh:

[quote author=thejoe link=topic=80104.msg834981#msg834981 date=1275612112]
Posted by: Northern Flash
With one single letter, (or verbal warning) I would have to stop taking a late lunch when it is required to make service. But, I'm willing to make the late lunch sacrifice to make service to the customers. That's how I roll. No harm done to either side (contract or company) as far as I'm concerned. But, I know that the customers appreciate it. :thumbsup:

working thru is s-o-p at a lot of companies. The priority of YRC is to reduce overtime. If taking your lunch means a return will happen there-by reducing your overtime by a half hour you are defeating their goal because you got that stop off by taking your lunch later. It would be sad to get disciplined because you care and they don't
[/quote] "The priority of YRC is not the service." That pretty much says it all, and their numbers prove it!