Yellow | Warning letters for no lunches

codebreaker

TB Lurker
Credits
:duel:
I was just wondering if it was all across the board or just a few select barns that lunch periods are now becoming mandatory. We have been told that we are to take our lunches even if it means missing pickups (to he** with deliveries). If we miss lunch, we are being told that we will given WARNING LETTERS for the offenses.

How do you think a greivance meeting will be when our defense is that we were going to miss pickup and possibly lose a customer if we had taken our lunch?

Oooooooo, the possibilites are expansive aren't they!!! :tribe:

[quote author=codebreaker link=topic=80104.msg 829310#msg 829310 date=1273714707]
I was just wondering if it was all across the board or just a few select barns that lunch periods are now becoming mandatory. We have been told that we are to take our lunches even if it means missing pickups (to he** with deliveries). If we miss lunch, we are being told that we will given WARNING LETTERS for the offenses.

How do you think a grievance meeting will be when our defense is that we were going to miss pickup and possibly lose a customer if we had taken our lunch?

Oooooooo, the possibilities are expansive aren't they!!! :tribe:
[/quote]

Teamsters should be following the contract and taking lunches and just maybe some laid-off brothers can come back and help.

Don't take this the wrong way Brother.....but do you know how many Teamsters have fought and walked the sidewalks in order for you and others to have the right to a lunch? Work by the rules....THEY agreed to them....YOUR Union fought for them!.....KK

[quote author=Kennesaw Kid link=topic=80104.msg829323#msg829323 date=1273717458]
Don't take this the wrong way Brother.....but do you know how many Teamsters have fought and walked the sidewalks in order for you and others to have the right to a lunch? Work by the rules....THEY agreed to them....YOUR Union fought for them!.....KK
[/quote]

AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

[quote author=codebreaker link=topic=80104.msg829310#msg829310 date=1273714707]

How do you think a greivance meeting will be when our defense is that we were going to miss pickup and possibly lose a customer if we had taken our lunch?

Oooooooo, the possibilites are expansive aren't they!!! :tribe:
[/quote]Just take a two hour nap, whats the big deal?

[quote author=R-14Driver link=topic=80104.msg829330#msg829330 date=1273718185]
[quote author=Kennesaw Kid link=topic=80104.msg829323#msg829323 date=1273717458]
[/quote]

AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Hey Brother, believe me, I do not miss my lunch! I agree that lunches should be taken every day, but we do have some younger brothers that think that they get a jump on the older guys if they don't take their lunch.

I hope all of the naysayers take note of the fact that I said "the younger brothers try to get a jump on the older brothers" by not taking their lunch. They think if they get back to the barn 30 minutes ahead of the older brothers that they may get to go home before the older brothers get in.

So all of the guys that are saying to take your lunch because you might get a laidoff man called back, I again agree. You just need to be aware that it is not the older brothers that sometime are screwing everything up.

IT SOUNDS LIKE MY DRAMA FILLED DAUGHTER CRYING ABOUT SCHOOL....CMON NOW GROW UP AND BE A MAN..#1 YOU DO HAVE TIME TO TAKE UR LUNCH!!! ..NOW QUIT THE B S..WE ALL KNOW U WANT TO GET PAID THE EXTRA HALF HOUR BY SAYING UR NOT TAKIN IT #2 IF FOR SOME REASON U CANNOT TAKE UR LUNCH U SHOULD BE COMMUNICATING WITH UR DISPATCHER. #3 THE UNION WILL LAUGH AT U. ITS NOT AGAINST ANY POLICY FOR YRC TO TELL U TO TAKE UR LUNCH AS A MATTER OF FACT ITS A LAW THAT U MUST TAKE IT...IF THEY TOLD U TO WORK THRU IT..THEN OF COURSE U WOULD BE BITCHN AND IF THEY USED THE BS EXCUSE TO WORK THRU UR LUNCH TO MAKE A PICK UP U WOULD FIND A WAY TO TWIST EVERYTHING AROUND AND FILE A GRIEVANCE......DONT USE THE "LOSING THE CUSTOMER EXCUSE NOW"..THE DAMAGE IS DONE ALREADY

HERES A THEORY...QUIT UR BITCHN..GO ABOVE AND BEYOND EVERY DAY!!!!!

[quote author=imovaherenow link=topic=80104.msg829391#msg829391 date=1273751720]
IT SOUNDS LIKE MY DRAMA FILLED DAUGHTER CRYING ABOUT SCHOOL....CMON NOW GROW UP AND BE A MAN..#1 YOU DO HAVE TIME TO TAKE UR LUNCH!!! ..NOW QUIT THE B S..WE ALL KNOW U WANT TO GET PAID THE EXTRA HALF HOUR BY SAYING UR NOT TAKIN IT #2 IF FOR SOME REASON U CANNOT TAKE UR LUNCH U SHOULD BE COMMUNICATING WITH UR DISPATCHER. #3 THE UNION WILL LAUGH AT U. ITS NOT AGAINST ANY POLICY FOR YRC TO TELL U TO TAKE UR LUNCH AS A MATTER OF FACT ITS A LAW THAT U MUST TAKE IT...IF THEY TOLD U TO WORK THRU IT..THEN OF COURSE U WOULD BE BITCHN AND IF THEY USED THE BS EXCUSE TO WORK THRU UR LUNCH TO MAKE A PICK UP U WOULD FIND A WAY TO TWIST EVERYTHING AROUND AND FILE A GRIEVANCE......DONT USE THE "LOSING THE CUSTOMER EXCUSE NOW"..THE DAMAGE IS DONE ALREADY

[/quote]

I guess some think that every post on this board is about someone bitching. Well, alot of the posts are, but all I was interested in was knowing if other barns issued warning letters when someone missed a lunch. You see there are times when a driver might be in a position where he cannot take a lunch because he is tied up at a delivery and has no access to a lunch.

So if someone posts something to see if the same thing is happening at other barns, You call it bitching!

[quote author=imovaherenow link=topic=80104.msg829391#msg829391 date=1273751720]

Why not just follow the contract to the letter each day ? Has this company that signed the contract not beat you down enough yet ?

[/quote]

Do yourself and everyone else a favor and take your lunch! If you happen to miss a pickup, OH WELL! YRC laid off half the workforce after we took a huge cut in pay and benefits and now they want the people who are left to pick up the pieces. lets face it, YRC is still just barely hanging on and in my opinion not exactly going the extra mile to secure more business!

[/quote] Man, take your lunch,no ifs, ands, or buts. Stand tall ,talk this up with the people you work with,there is strengh in numbers.

They never paid for a 'work thru'. I used to like it when they told us to take an hour lunch. When I called @ 2 for pick-ups I still had 4-6 deliveries on. Some drivers worry way too much. Late starting time.. load truck in AM..hour lunch..ya gotta love it

being in a big hurry all the time can only get you in trouble..

superman.gif

yeah they're doin it across the board, but first things first rebuttal that warning letter and take your damn lunch period. There been a couple of times I took my lunch (.5 here) @ 6pm on the street when I very well could have been back @ the barn. [move]"Your lunch is a right not a priviledge" :shift: [/move]

[quote author=codebreaker link=topic=80104.msg829395#msg829395 date=1273754256]

[/quote]

I guess some think that every post on this board is about someone bitching. Well, alot of the posts are, but all I was interested in was knowing if other barns issued warning letters when someone missed a lunch. You see there are times when a driver might be in a position where he cannot take a lunch because he is tied up at a delivery and has no access to a lunch.

So if someone posts something to see if the same thing is happening at other barns, You call it bitching!
[/quote] You can always take your lunch even if it is at the end of the day on your way in. Let them know this of course and when they tell you to bring it in then file.