Yellow | Warning letters for no lunches

[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=80104.msg830315#msg830315 date=1274027086]
Well in your case then, just carry that pee-bottle and don't worry about. Wait til the dispatcher is done drinking it first, to use it later on the road. :biglaugh:
[/quote]

Hay why not give it to him when you get back?????? Your fast on that one Buddy the ink wasn't even dry on my post and you where on it!

Teamsters don't contribute those false practices, only Roadbots do. Too much of this :buttkisser:, can only lead to this sooner or later :fart: ::shit::. Wait, don't forget your lunch. :biglaugh:

[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=80104.msg830337#msg830337 date=1274033859]
Teamsters don't contribute those false practices, only Roadbots do. Too much of this :buttkisser:, can only lead to this sooner or later :fart: ::shit::. Wait, don't forget your lunch. :biglaugh:
[/quote]

Stopped_Heart.jpg

[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=80104.msg830502#msg830502 date=1274065409]
Looks like one of them now, waiting for a work call. :biglaugh:
[/quote]Italian Style, spending a lot of time on these boards lately. Did you lose that custodian gig at the University? What happened, too many college girls complaining about the creepy old guy with the mop and the garlic breath?

Waiting for the Summer Semester to begin. Why would I need do that? YRC is paying for everything. DS did you want me to find out some information, just in case you do decide to pursue a career in the Custodial Arts? It would probably be the first time you've seen a woman in years, knowing that *************************************** YRC has been treating you like one for so long. :biglaugh:

My take on the lunch break issue is this........I know what the contract says. And I try to follow it. I'm a city driver for Holland, and I know what time my customers close. If taking my lunch between my 4th and 6th hour will cause a service failure, I'm not taking it during that period of time. Most of the time, I can follow the 4th thu 6th hour rule, but sometimes I can't if I want to make service to the customer. When I have my customers that close early off my trailer, I will take my lunch immediately, but I'm not going to create another pissed off customer, just because of my lunch period expiring. I've done it this way for many years, and have never been written up for it, so it will continue. Service is the only product that we have to sell, so I will provide it to our customers until I get in trouble for it. And if I do get in trouble for servicing the customer......It should be a damn interesting hearing.

For the ones that take their lunch at the end of the day (after 8 hours or more) and you get into trouble for it, I guess they think that you are abusing the system, and you will have to correct it. But, if you take your lunch on schedule most of the time, I would think that they would give you an exemption from the rules, if you're late taking lunch trying to make service to the customer. If they won't let it slide to service the customer, they must just be plain stupid!

Posted by: Northern Flash
« on: Today at 08:00:17 AM
If taking my lunch between my 4th and 6th hour will cause a service failure, I'm not taking it during that period of time. Most of the time...

maybe Holland will allow that and that's fine. At Roadway run YRC you get a letter for it. I don't suppose your steward could help you out if there was a problem with you getting in trouble over it

images

[quote author=thejoe link=topic=80104.msg830860#msg830860 date=1274185376]
Posted by: Northern Flash
« on: Today at 08:00:17 AM
If taking my lunch between my 4th and 6th hour will cause a service failure, I'm not taking it during that period of time. Most of the time...

maybe Holland will allow that and that's fine. At Roadway run YRC you get a letter for it. I don't suppose your steward could help you out if there was a problem with you getting in trouble over it

images
[/quote] I understand that it isn't the same everywhere. But, until I do get in trouble for servicing the customer, I will continue to do it, since it is in the best interest of the company and customers. If they bust my chops for it......I'll bring their freight back, and lose more customers.

But, lets be clear......I don't take a late lunch if I don't need to.

Proud off you Flash. :thumbsup: Did the same from "96" till retirement and never even had management talk to me about . And if I ever felt Management was abusing my lunch time, a day or two would get everything an track. Like you said, must have been a local thing or Joe was making to many trips into McDonald's and then sitting through lunch on OT. :stir:

If you think the company is concerned about losing customers then your in for a real awakening. I always take my lunch and breaks on my way to my destinations. The most recent excuse for no lunches is that
I had a big breakfast or the best one yet is that I had a rocket ship coming hear. I don't know about anyone else, but the only rocket ship I ever had from YRC was about 63 miles per hour.

[quote author=wolf link=topic=80104.msg830881#msg830881 date=1274194277]
Proud off you Flash. :thumbsup: Did the same from "96" till retirement and never even had management talk to me about . And if I ever felt Management was abusing my lunch time, a day or two would get everything an track. Like you said, must have been a local thing or Joe was making to many trips into McDonald's and then sitting through lunch on OT. :stir:
[/quote]

I think most drivers when jammed
images
will take a quick 10-20 min lunch during the reg lunch time and then take a long half on OT and while they are at it--

call the wife

catch up on paper work

etc

that's a no Gouda if they catch ya.. I always had the feeling Roadway hated teamsters..

if they are issuing warning letters now

don't get
images

Warning letters for no lunches, and for logbook violations. I guess there were a couple of drivers that got caught out there, logging 8 hours for 540 mile runs.

Hmmm, I wonder what kind of drivers would be committing to those false practices, out there in the Midwest? Amazing what YRC tries to keep quiet from others from knowing about.

I didn't know YRC raised the speed in those tractors. What's that about, 85mph?

I always thought if drivers couldn't follow the rules, that shouldn't be driving for YRC to begin with. They should have voted yes, on becoming an owner operator, and not try to blend in with the Teamsters.

Take up the subject in your pre-shift meeting. See if you can get an agreement from your coworkers and supervisor to suspend the requirement if you feel it obstructs servicing the customer. If enough terminals do this, the rule may vry well be modified to anytime during the day, next contract.

Talk to your BA about making it a temporary local agreement.

[quote author=wishy-washy link=topic=80104.msg831391#msg831391 date=1274358355]
Adjusting the work rules!!!

Your going to open up a whole new can of worms with that statement
[/quote]

I'm not trying to. I'm trying to do my part to help foster the TEAM attitude needed to make the company competitive and bring back our Brothers.

Lets see.... If 25 years ago, the roads were so bad your grandpa local negotiated a 50 mph run time average, you think it should stay at that? As a product of the fatigue generated by the transmissions in those old trucks, work rules required a mandatory 30 or 60 minute breaks in addition to the run times.

That is the ideology that led to the great loss of jobs at 218. It was zealously enforced.

Outdated rules and enforced inefficiency are reasons YRC is having money problems as much as the actions of upper management. A dollar thrown away is a dollar. It does not matter who chose to throw it away.

Better rules would not mandate inefficiency, they would allow room for inefficiency as a workers right. (IE 1 hour lunch or extended run time is okay but not mandatory)

You don't have the right as a low level employee to complain about the inefficiency of upper management, when you also take efficiencies that could currently exist, intentionally make them inefficient, then promote the losses under threat of punishment. What you view as minimal when done once, when done tens of thousands of times can be JUST AS EXPENSIVE.

All I'm saying is we should ask ourselves if there are outdated or inefficient rules that would make the system work better and make us happier also. If we find those, we should work on changing them.

I'm afraid that lunch is non-negotiable for city drivers. They had us take an hour lunch for many years. They knew that most drivers if given a 1/2 hr lunch would take 45 min maybe more so an hour lunch would take up the slack and improve productivity. Not that you're a crook
images
but they won't pay time and a half for lunch...missing a pick up or delivery is cheaper in their eyes

[quote author=vwaggs link=topic=80104.msg831397#msg831397 date=1274362015]
[quote author=wishy-washy link=topic=80104.msg831391#msg831391 date=1274358355]
Adjusting the work rules!!!

Your going to open up a whole new can of worms with that statement
[/quote]

I'm not trying to. I'm trying to do my part to help foster the TEAM attitude needed to make the company competitive and bring back our Brothers.

Lets see.... If 25 years ago, the roads were so bad your grandpa local negotiated a 50 mph run time average, you think it should stay at that? As a product of the fatigue generated by the transmissions in those old trucks, work rules required a mandatory 30 or 60 minute breaks in addition to the run times.

That is the ideology that led to the great loss of jobs at 218. It was zealously enforced.

Outdated rules and enforced inefficiency are reasons YRC is having money problems as much as the actions of upper management. A dollar thrown away is a dollar. It does not matter who chose to throw it away.

Better rules would not mandate inefficiency, they would allow room for inefficiency as a workers right. (IE 1 hour lunch or extended run time is okay but not mandatory)

You don't have the right as a low level employee to complain about the inefficiency of upper management, when you also take efficiencies that could currently exist, intentionally make them inefficient, then promote the losses under threat of punishment. What you view as minimal when done once, when done tens of thousands of times can be JUST AS EXPENSIVE.

All I'm saying is we should ask ourselves if there are outdated or inefficient rules that would make the system work better and make us happier also. If we find those, we should work on changing them.
[/quote]They moved the jobs to 211, because YRC doesn't want Teamsters. They want the other kind of workforce, that break rules, and doesn't respect or follow a union contract.