R&L | Washing trucks and trailers

I did not set out for this to be a line against city thread.
Not here...I dont know any of you guys that are on here. From here on out, if I ever use city and L/H in the same sentence...not meant for a fight...unless I tag it that way. LOL

If you are line and you wash your truck (outside) you should be put on the clock, just like the city guys should stay on the clock to wash if they would like too.

TOTALLY Agreed!!!

As far as loosing a days pay due to hours....if you are stuck in a motel...Out of your control, and cant make it back in time to get 10 off and run again, you should get paid. I've had this happen and was paid for my day off....as if I ran it.

As far as loosing a days pay due to hours....if you are stuck in a motel...Out of your control, and cant make it back in time to get 10 off and run again, you should get paid. I've had this happen and was paid for my day off....as if I ran it.

When I was running line, if it was due to weather and you got laid over then you would get paid for the run that you missed. I broke down and had to stay in the motel, I even called HR and talked to them and I did not get paid for the missed run. Now I have also heard that they do not pay you for the weather delay anymore either, so I dont know what is going on now.

all the termial say it in the pay no matter what it is in the pay we have a truck wash they wait so long to fix it and now it going cost to fix the right way so they not going fix it so it just a close bay u use to drive in and wash truck and trailer

Guess I'm lucky, have a hose, long handled brush and barrel of soapy water by fuel island at my terminal..
And a working pressure washer with soap in the wash bay....
And a drive thru wash bay that gets the sides of the trailers pretty good...

Oh and the vacuum cleaner is the same type as at a car wash, it works too...

No gripes here.........................................................

HAHAHA Wash with the rain. When it rains. Lucky if it's once a year. TM said he has to request a wash. I guess they just don't request. We have a power washer. But no soap. LOL No brush. We use it to milk the Clock on a slow day to get 8hr

Guessing he ran out of hours, so he then missed out on the next days run. That happens a lot at my terminal.

Out of touch for a few..

You were almost right except I did not run out of hours. I only drove 3.5 hours.

How many people know that (according to HR & Breakdown) the "included" 2 hour free wait for breakdown service is PER VENDOR? I broke down doing a truck swap (yet another "included" freebee). The first vendor didn't have the appropriate tools, parts or IQ points to change a belt. The second vendor had 1/2 the parts and enough IQ to recommend that "I try & see how far I got" The third vendor towed me.

I got to the terminal 7 hours later... The swap truck was so bad it couldn't leave the yard, so I waited in the yard for 4 hours while they decided they would not fix it today.

Then I was put into a motel even though I had enough off duty time to reset the 14 because they didn't have a truck to give me until the correct city guy got back from his run.

So my paycheck was reduced 20% due to the "included" linehaul duties. Needless to say my favor list has run dry. Want me to drive a truck somewhere? No problem, but it better be perfect. I would rather go home while you fix it then stay in some flea bag hotel.

How many people know that (according to HR & Breakdown) the "included" 2 hour free wait for breakdown service is PER VENDOR? I broke down doing a truck swap (yet another "included" freebee). The first vendor didn't have the appropriate tools, parts or IQ points to change a belt. The second vendor had 1/2 the parts and enough IQ to recommend that "I try & see how far I got" The third vendor towed me.

Thats interesting, never heard of that bull honky before......I am glad I know that so I can keep an eye out for it. That is really chicken #&^@%^#@&^%#&^@%

They sent our portable pressure washer back to Wilmington and told us we are not allowed to brush our trucks off either, all an EPA thing. Ours haven't been washed in a
few years anyway.