R&L | watch out drivers

[quote author=shadowr434 link=topic=80326.msg836942#msg836942 date=1276377839]
[quote author=oneeightyfive link=topic=80326.msg836353#msg836353 date=1276175680]
All full time employees can participate in the 401K program after completing one year of service. Company matching has been suspended, but the employee may still have pre-tax dollars directed to their accounts.
[/quote]True but thats as good as opening a window and throwing the cash out these days.
[/quote]

That's not necesarily true shadow. I'm putting my money in the 401k at a higher rate than I was before the match was suspended.
It's not like it was ever a huge amount anyway, but every little bit helped.

Move it around if you're not getting the performance that you want. I dumped a good portion of my stocks when things started turning south and got really conservative with it. But things have improved some, I made over 14% on my money in the last year. You do have to watch and research your choices though.

I've got mine in mostly bonds/fixed income stuff, only about 30% in stocks..

I called wilmington on our cell phones matter because I get calls daily from dispatch I talked to the v.p of safety he said it was a total lie nobody in safety was checking cells by making calls he even said he personly would fire anyone in his department that did such a thing he also said when he first took the job his first action was to sell the company radar gun he said he dosnt believe in hide and seek game in a companys. He sounded like a ok guy that cared about doing a fare job.

That's the smartest thing I have heard yet on this thread. Watch out for these rats. The Roberts are scum.

Good to know. Another dirtbag freight outfit. Just think what it will be like when all us union freight drivers are gone. How's 12 dollars per hour sound to you long time drivers? Conway and R&l. Just ready to slash wages when YRC goes belly up.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

12.00 per hour?A little low there spanky.Maybe the 16 and change they pay combos now to start but Id rather flip burgers and McDonald's for 12 bucks an hour than drive P&D.Its all good though.If that happens it will give me the excuse Ive been looking for to get out of the freight business once and for all.

[quote author=ranger309 link=topic=80326.msg838700#msg838700 date=1276922258]
That's the smartest thing I have heard yet on this thread. Watch out for these rats. The Roberts are scum.

Good to know. Another dirtbag freight outfit. Just think what it will be like when all us union freight drivers are gone. How's 12 dollars per hour sound to you long time drivers? Conway and R&l. Just ready to slash wages when YRC goes belly up.

[/quote]

I just love the narcissistic, all-knowing, gloom and doom types!! Why they just brighten my day!!!

�I just love the narcissistic, all-knowing, gloom and doom types!!� � �Why they just brighten my day!!!

Not gloom and doom. Its called rational thinking.
Your wages are based on the lowest common denoninator, not the good will of the company.

[quote author=shadowr434 link=topic=80326.msg838761#msg838761 date=1276955438]
12.00 per hour?A little low there spanky.Maybe the 16 and change they pay combos now to start but Id rather flip burgers and McDonald's for 12 bucks an hour than drive P&D.Its all good though.If that happens it will give me the excuse Ive been looking for to get out of the freight business once and for all.
[/quote]

I'll go back to hauling heavy equipment if that happens. I'm only doing this for the money anyway. Otherwise, this crap is beneath me.