FedEx Freight | Watch what you are doing!!

blindbaron

TB Lurker
Credits
Just to let everyone know you better watch what your doing because fedex is!!!!
There are firing people for smoking in their trucks and having too many tickets.
Its easier for fedex to fire people than to pay severence pay. Don't say I didn't warn you!!

i keep telling guys at my barn.they ARE WATCHING EVERY STEP WE TAKE.STOPS PER HOUR,GATE TIME. PRETRIPS AND POSTS TRIPS IF YOU HAVE A LIGHT OUT AND DONT WRITE IT UP AND THE NEXT DAY ANOTHER DRIVER GETS THAT TRAILER AND HAS IT REPAIRED THEY ARE LOOKING AT WHO PULLED IT LAST AND WILL WRITE YOU UP BECAUSE YOU DELAYED THAT DRIVER AND FREIGHT SO WATCH YOUR TAIL.

We have cameras all over the yard and one as you leave the gate. I still see idiots talking on the phone and smoking in the truck when they leave. Stupid is as stupid does.

I know a driver that has 100% admitted to smoking and they done NOTHING.The reason I say this is because the majority of us on our yard do not smoke and he was smoking in ALL the new Volvos and had burn marks on the steering wheels.We all complained too mgmnt and you want too know what their response was,even after he admitted to smoking."We have to catch him in the act", go figure.You have someone admit to violating policy outright and they want to crack down on someone for going to the ER or calling in sick,once or twice in 1 a month.

We have cameras all over the yard and one as you leave the gate. I still see idiots talking on the phone and smoking in the truck when they leave. Stupid is as stupid does.

Guardrail :1036316054:

Don't you call your meet driver as you go out the gate to let him/her know if you are running on time and how heavy you are????

I will have to remember to wait till I'm out on the street to flip out my cell phone.
Thanks for the reminder.

:popcorn:

Don't you call your meet driver as you go out the gate to let him/her know if you are running on time and how heavy you are????

I will have to remember to wait till I'm out on the street to flip out my cell phone.
Thanks for the reminder.

Nope. I text them before I leave or I wait until I'm on the big road before I call them.

If you smoke in a truck, against Co. policy, and don't do what is necessary to clean up after yourself you deserve to be written up. Remember these tips. Wipe down all plastic surfaces. Use Febreeze on all upholstry. Never use the trucks ashtray. buy a throwaway and take it home with you everyday. Do this every day. And don't charge the Co. yard time for it. This should be done on your dime after all you're violating Co. policy. And never never never smoke with the window closed. I don't care how cold or hot or wet you get. Be considerate of non-smokers.

Thanks for the reminder.

You use your personal phone for business? Do you write off your bill at the end of the year?