SEFL | Watch Your Back

mikejones234

TB Lurker
Credits
I've been seeing Sales Reps, and I've seen my TM, following drivers around. Since freight is way down, they are starting to track every second of your day. I know of several drivers who have been written up for takin longer than 30 mins for lunch. I imagine this is going on everywhere.

I've been seeing Sales Reps, and I've seen my TM, following drivers around. Since freight is way down, they are starting to track every second of your day. I know of several drivers who have been written up for takin longer than 30 mins for lunch. I imagine this is going on everywhere.

It is happening at my terminal to. Leadership caught wind of 2 drivers that were taking off their southeastern uniformed shirts because it was hot and continued their functions in non regulation clothes, and had a associate follow these 2 drivers one day to see if this was true. The 2 drivers mentioned are great route drivers who push freight out the back of the trailer like it were bags of uline packing peanuts, and get all drops off and more. Real # drivers!!! So instead of following the dead weight drivers who slack off and steal time and money from the company and make all the other drivers cover for them, they look the other way!!!!!!! Insulting and disrespectful to all who pull their weight. Leadership needs to weed out the deceitful, not the producers!!!!! The 2 drivers that were followed:both were observed doing their drops in southeastern attire...................!!!!!!

It is happening at my terminal to. Leadership caught wind of 2 drivers that were taking off their southeastern uniformed shirts because it was hot and continued their functions in non regulation clothes, and had a associate follow these 2 drivers one day to see if this was true. The 2 drivers mentioned are great route drivers who push freight out the back of the trailer like it were bags of uline packing peanuts, and get all drops off and more. Real # drivers!!! So instead of following the dead weight drivers who slack off and steal time and money from the company and make all the other drivers cover for them, they look the other way!!!!!!! Insulting and disrespectful to all who pull their weight. Leadership needs to weed out the deceitful, not the producers!!!!! The 2 drivers that were followed:both were observed doing their drops in southeastern attire...................!!!!!!

I could have not said that any better, leave the good drivers alone, and get rid of the slackers and give us there hours.

thats nothing new. they have always done that, several times i have gotten qwq's for going around alt saftly. heck even some of the safety people use radar guns. if you are doing your job you dont have nothing to worry about. the only person you have to watch your back for are your fellow workers.

i quit watching my fellow workers back, it aint like it use to be, you got guys now who love to run and drop a dime on you to anyone in the office. for example, had a guy to tell the safety man, that we have drivers not turning off there trucks while we are dropping and hooking trailers. Sounds like we need to hook and drop that driver instead.

i quit watching my fellow workers back, it aint like it use to be, you got guys now who love to run and drop a dime on you to anyone in the office. for example, had a guy to tell the safety man, that we have drivers not turning off there trucks while we are dropping and hooking trailers. Sounds like we need to hook and drop that driver instead.

mikejones234, u r so right. Our safety officer did a check ride with a driver and that driver confided to a other driver that the new DRIVER MENTOR, made several calls to the safety officer during the check ride DIMEING out other drivers who were not following protocol. Instead of approaching the driver in person and MENTORING them as to the issue at hand , the MENTOR drops a dime on the driver about his observations. Mentors are or should be there to educate and influence a driver ,not squeal on them for personal growth!!!!!Shame on you, driver mentor, and shame on the safety officer for allowing this trend to continue.... They both need to be part of the solution not part of the problem!!!!

my fellow drivers, there are those conspiricy people that are always worried about big brother watching them. The way I see it, if we all go out and give 100% every day and do everything possible to make our company successful we shouldn't have to worry. If you are one of these guy's that think someone owes you something I'd prefer not to have you on the team. In combat you count on all team members to get you home and right now we are fighting for our future. Suck it up and buy the guy following you lunch and ask him what you can do better.

Well put freighttrain! For someone to sit by and say "watch your back" tells. me that maybe that person is doing something they should't be doing. If I do a pre-trip or post-trip on my tractor the correct way or make a delivery to a customer handling everything correctly, why should I watch my back? Southeastern isn't out to get those who do the job right "The First Time Everytime". I do agree with getting rid of dead weight, not those that have worked to build this compnay and still give 100%, but those who give less and think the company owes them everything! I recall a post put out earlier that said a driver did something wrong and was written-up for it and this driver had "never" been written-up in 12 or 14 years. (not sure of years) I say that man is a good employee and should be proud that only once in his time with SEFL had he been written up. Whoever posted that go tell that man I'm proud of the leadership he gives us and to keep it up!

Well put freighttrain! For someone to sit by and say "watch your back" tells. me that maybe that person is doing something they should't be doing. If I do a pre-trip or post-trip on my tractor the correct way or make a delivery to a customer handling everything correctly, why should I watch my back? Southeastern isn't out to get those who do the job right "The First Time Everytime". I do agree with getting rid of dead weight, not those that have worked to build this compnay and still give 100%, but those who give less and think the company owes them everything! I recall a post put out earlier that said a driver did something wrong and was written-up for it and this driver had "never" been written-up in 12 or 14 years. (not sure of years) I say that man is a good employee and should be proud that only once in his time with SEFL had he been written up. Whoever posted that go tell that man I'm proud of the leadership he gives us and to keep it up!

As I all ways say: do the right thing even when no one is around and you will never be forced to defend your actions!

i believe that was what the comment "watch your back" was meant to mean.cover you self by doing the right thing.i do my best everyday but i guarantee it will never be 100% everyday.it is not possible to be that perfect when we as the driver are unable to control every thing in our environment. dispatcher being the first and the number of customers in your area shipping on any given day being the second.

I agree some what, but I don't agree with Mike's intentions of watching your back. Read his post again and then read the other negative post by MikeJones. He made the comment that his TM and sales people are following drivers and those that take over 30 minutes for lunch get written up. Okay, each driver is allowed 30 minutes for lunch anything over that is what? A gift or is it Stealing? At times people go over 30 minutes and thats understood, but everyday or 3 to 4 times a week, not in my book. In times like today we can't sit back and say what is SEFL and upper management going to do to make sure I'm working today. We have to stand up and take some ownership ourselves. Several things have been put in place to keep us working so we need to do the little things that will help. Instead of taking a 35 minute lunch, make sure we don't roll over. If people can't see that we must stick together as a team, get rid of waste, and help control our future along with upper management, then get off my team. No we cant always control our environment, dispatchers and customers but we do control ourselves dealing with the environment, dispatchers, customers and I beleive SEFL doesn't ask for anything more than that. As far as TM and sales following drivers, I beleive this to only happen when they suspect a driver of doing things they shouldn't be doing. TM and sales have a full plate and goals to be met and firing drivers isn't one of them right now. I do beleive and support them if a driver is stealing from the company or is not protecting OUR future, then get rid of the WASTE!

I agree some what, but I don't agree with Mike's intentions of watching your back. Read his post again and then read the other negative post by MikeJones. He made the comment that his TM and sales people are following drivers and those that take over 30 minutes for lunch get written up. Okay, each driver is allowed 30 minutes for lunch anything over that is what? A gift or is it Stealing? At times people go over 30 minutes and thats understood, but everyday or 3 to 4 times a week, not in my book. In times like today we can't sit back and say what is SEFL and upper management going to do to make sure I'm working today. We have to stand up and take some ownership ourselves. Several things have been put in place to keep us working so we need to do the little things that will help. Instead of taking a 35 minute lunch, make sure we don't roll over. If people can't see that we must stick together as a team, get rid of waste, and help control our future along with upper management, then get off my team. No we cant always control our environment, dispatchers and customers but we do control ourselves dealing with the environment, dispatchers, customers and I beleive SEFL doesn't ask for anything more than that. As far as TM and sales following drivers, I beleive this to only happen when they suspect a driver of doing things they shouldn't be doing. TM and sales have a full plate and goals to be met and firing drivers isn't one of them right now. I do beleive and support them if a driver is stealing from the company or is not protecting OUR future, then get rid of the WASTE!

Could not have said it any better poopoohead.

very well i see your point. i will also say that mgmt will not always clear the dead wood because for some reason like at my terminal there seems to "favorite pets". i am not around the building all day as my route is one of the longer ones. may we all make it through the tough times with our jobs and our company profitable.

well said poopoohead

Well put poopoohead. We should only worry about what we can control, "ourselves' ,forget about whether the next guy is dead weight or not and just do your best everyday. If you weren't good at what you did SEFL wouldn't have hired you. Admit it we are the top of the crop and even our weak links are better than some. Let's just pull together and not focus on the negatives. It is always so easy to see what we don't have, just back up a step and look at what you do have. We've got it pretty doggon good!

I agree...and your the smartest poopoohead I ever saw..:biglaugh:

i never said it was ok to break the rules. i was trying to say that they are out there watching your every move and they will use anything you do wrong against you. everytime i say something someone turns it around, or lets ban mike. if i dont say what all the perfect people want me to say, then i am the worst employee at sefl. put it like this and i dont care what anyone thinks. i dont watch out for this company, this company will still be here when we are all gone, but however i do watch out for my fellow drivers. if the tm ask me what i saw i driver do, my remark is i didnt see nothing. but opinions are like buttholes we all have one.

Thats a tipical response of alot of people, " This company will be here when we are all gone" how can anyone say that at this time. No company is safe. I remember when drivers from Brown transport, Thurston and the list goes on & on would say the same thing, where are thay now?! That kinda thought process drives companies out of business and if your not proud of or happy who you work for, then you should move on. Not all opinions have to be negative and it seems that every time you post something its negative and I can't beleive that its all bad everyday. I have bad days myself but somewhere in that day something positive will happen to me and those around me. Now as far as looking out for other drivers good, but a theif is a theif! I remember something someone told me years ago, "Seen but Unseen" does it make it right? If you see someyhing being done wrong do you just walk away or do you correct it. Maybe you don't have to tell the TM what someone did but to protect your future my future and as you say looking out for other drivers, maybe you need to let that person know what they are doing is wrong. Thats looking out for your fellow drivers. If you can't see that protecting this company is protecting your future and those around you { fellow drivers } then all we can do is pray that others will.

poopoohead is dead on

Man, you are dead on with this one. I don't know why this particular tm would be following anyone unless there is something going on. I don't think that it is them against us. Thier job is to keep it profitable, to keep us afloat and if your numbers aren't close to where they need to be, maybe they want to see what is going on. Now is not the time to be paranoid, we need to be focused, and concerned for OUR future. If you see someone doing it wrong tell him he needs to tighten up and set him straight, and if that fails, you've got to remove the bad link before the whole chain breaks.

southeastern is such a great company.there are so many great guys that work there,speaking only from a maintenence viewpoint i find it hard to believe that any one would be out to get someone for no reason.if your being watched then you probably arent doing exactly what you you should be doing.i worked there a long time ,and ,for various reasons at home i changed jobs .but i know without a doubt that the entire management organization has its people at the forefront .yes there are times when favoritism rears its ugly head and someone moans about this one and that one but if you look ,i bet those who are percieved to be favorites often times are the ones who will bust a gut and go the extra mile to get something done .these are the same ones who never whine or complain.they just do waht they do ,day in and day out .theres an old saying that the squeaky wheel gets the grease,or .i think he doth protest too much.these complainers and whiners are a cancer on any organization.dont let the sickness spread .especially in times like we are seeing now .southeastern is poised to come away bigger and stronger after these tough times weed out the weak and sickened companies who truely have incompetent management.thank your lucky stars to be where you are and GOD bless us all

my 2 cents

I have to chime in here! MJ you are negative way to often, not an opinion but an observation. It is good to look out for your brother, but if he is doing wrong, then he's wrong. I strongly feel that SEFL is looking out for there employees in these hard times. with that being said I also know that there are bad Tm's out there. If you are unfortunate enough to have a bad tm, steer clear of him and remain posative. The right attitude is what will keep your job in bad times. *****ing and nagging gives you a bad name. You may use this forum to let it out, if so that may be smart, but if you are as negative at your barn as you are here, Then good luck finding a job. There may come a time when your tm finds the need to thin the herd, where do you think he will start. He won't waste resorces looking for things when negativity runs amuck. Just my 2 cents worth. can't wait for the positive response!!!:hysterical: Do your job the way it's supose to be done, you have nothing to worry about, even if you make a honest little mistake.