XPO | Watch Your Backs....

now that freight has slowed, they are looking to thin the herd again. Do everything by the book. Follow p&p, no matter how stupid it is. Seatbelts, chock blocks, shutting off lifts if more than 25’ away, etc. Don’t give them a reason.

Still short handed here. People quitting. It's never ending. But you are right. In times like these. They take advantage. I have heard talk of even closing some terminals again. If it don't make money...… look out.

now that freight has slowed, they are looking to thin the herd again. Do everything by the book. Follow p&p, no matter how stupid it is. Seatbelts, chock blocks, shutting off lifts if more than 25’ away, etc. Don’t give them a reason.
So true. And stupid.

Driver was recently let go for breaking wrong door. Classified as insubordination. He was breaking a trailer , and someone else was breaking the one he was supposed to break. This highlights what you are warning about.

It's about to get SUPER stupid if this is any indication.

P.S. this particular location is short on drivers and dockworkers.

So true. And stupid.

Driver was recently let go for breaking wrong door. Classified as insubordination. He was breaking a trailer , and someone else was breaking the one he was supposed to break. This highlights what you are warning about.

Did he take it to the review and explain it out ?

Conference calls never have been fair they will keep who they want and fire who they want for any old Dumb reason ! A lot of good people have been walked out the door and Bags of ::shit:: have been given a second third and even fourth chance seen this too many times ! Not who you are but its who ya know and who ya blow around here !! If ya not an Ass kisser might as well just walk out the door with some pride and forget about that Conference call !!

So true. And stupid.

When you have FOS like him you do what he tells you to do. Now on if he tells you to brake a trailer and someones in it just help them brake it. That what he told you to do.
We are having a problem with them writing up driver for dock to much freight. It's gotten that bad that a few drivers have a note pad and gets the FOS or driver loading the door to sign it. One night I saw 6 guys sitting around a door waiting for the jockey to switch it out the door. FOS was pissed they all told him they can not dock freight because they were all written up.

Conference calls never have been fair they will keep who they want and fire who they want for any old Dumb reason ! A lot of good people have been walked out the door and Bags of :::shit::: have been given a second third and even fourth chance seen this too many times ! Not who you are but its who ya know and who ya blow around here !! If ya not an Ass kisser might as well just walk out the door with some pride and forget about that Conference call !!
Hate to say it but I seen race play into that to.

When you have FOS like him you do what he tells you to do. Now on if he tells you to brake a trailer and someones in it just help them brake it. That what he told you to do.
We are having a problem with them writing up driver for dock to much freight. It's gotten that bad that a few drivers have a note pad and gets the FOS or driver loading the door to sign it. One night I saw 6 guys sitting around a door waiting for the jockey to switch it out the door. FOS was pissed they all told him they can not dock freight because they were all written up.
And we’re all having a problem on the other end, breaking these ****ing trailers with unscanned freight, part short freight, wrong sic freight. 200-300 cube ghosting in every night. ****ing Crazy. Can you not count? ****!!!!

And we’re all having a problem on the other end, breaking these :censored: trailers with unscanned freight, part short freight, wrong sic freight. 200-300 cube ghosting in every night. :censored: Crazy. Can you not count? :censored:!!!!
A company tuned in to it's workers would be trying to fix these issues and make improvements based on what the DRIVERS and DOCKWORKERS and FOS's have to deal with every day and night. Doing things from the top down causes problems from the bottom up.

You guys are too much . You have a thread here discussing the termination of employees for whats considered less than cardinal offenses and how favoritism and other factors such a race play into these terminations. Yet you reject unionization which would correct such thing as biased terminations conference calls and replace them with panels and arbitration that would add fairness to the process.
The current union facilities already have an active grievance and arbitration policy in place.
This company is continuing to add draconian disapline policies at an alarming rate . Don’t complain here about how unfair it is and there’s nothing you can do about it. $ 60.00 a month and you can have an insurance policy that at least put things on a level playing field. That alone should be worth it for you and your families peace of mind.

Last edited:
I don’t buy into that the company looking to purposely terminate drivers . Yes, if things are slow they can and do focus more on disapline because they have more time too do so. I think the new disapline policies in the pipeline come from managements frustration in day to day dealings with an overwhelming amount of both new employees and employees of a lesser quality. Unfortunately drivers that have been here a while and have good records get lumped into these new policies . Also managements inability properly manage people and maintain unreasonable goals set by those at the top lead to frustration and scapegoating.
Conference call terminations have zero fairness for the person sitting on the chopping block.
Being an employee at will comes with that risk unfortunately. I wish it was more just but you are at the whim of rouge managers and Fos ‘s who at the very best can be less than professional and unbiased.

You guys are too much . You have a thread here discussing the termination of employees for whats considered less than cardinal offenses and how favoritism and other factors such a race play into these terminations. Yet you reject unionization which would correct such thing as biased terminations conference calls and replace them with panels and arbitration that would add fairness to the process.
The current union facilities already have an active grievance and arbitration policy in place.
This company is continuing to add draconian disapline policies at an alarming rate . Don’t complain here about how unfair it is and there’s nothing you can do about it. $ 60.00 a month and you can have an insurance policy that at least put things on a level playing field. That alone should be worth it for you and your families peace of mind.
Enough with the union crap already. There is not one ****ing contract ratified, or even close to ratified in all the barns that voted for it. Not one what’s it been, 4 years now????yes the company is stalling, what did you expect them to do? Stop bringing the union up... it’s not a viable alternative. Face it. And stop bringing it up in every post outside the union thread.

Enough with the union crap already. There is not one :censored: contract ratified, or even close to ratified in all the barns that voted for it. Not one what’s it been, 4 years now????yes the company is stalling, what did you expect them to do? Stop bringing the union up... it’s not a viable alternative. Face it. And stop bringing it up in every post outside the union thread.
2yrs for us and you have no idea how close we are to a contract. It’s not a viable alternative to you but it may be for others . You guys complain about people being fired and your warning people their looking to fire people seems like a more viable alternative than you have now which is nothing . I will withdraw in any further mention in the thread but I think I made my point .

Enough with the union crap already. There is not one :censored: contract ratified, or even close to ratified in all the barns that voted for it. Not one what’s it been, 4 years now????yes the company is stalling, what did you expect them to do? Stop bringing the union up... it’s not a viable alternative. Face it. And stop bringing it up in every post outside the union thread.

Thank you. Agree fully. If I wanted a bargaining unit. I'd go fill out an application. A union ain't fixing this.

Thank you. Agree fully. If I wanted a bargaining unit. I'd go fill out an application. A union ain't fixing this.
Well, we already have a signed grievance and arbitration side agreement that’s in already in affect at the union locations so that part is already fixed. Not trying to be a wise but that’s our situation. Yes , they can still fire someone for cardinal infractions but not for stripping the wrong trailer. I also think there’s more to that particular story than we have heard.