XPO | Watch Your Backs....

Funny = no brain. Sad to watch people who can’t stand for themselves. Does the bull ring in your nose hurt all the time or just when lead you with it.
Being Union is not a cure all, but it does give an extra layer of protection, representation during write-ups, sets rules which in theory allow you to hold management to some sort of standards as to work rules and work assignments, and with a good steward and a little time most problems can be addressed before they become big problems. If you are in an "at will" state you got nothing. There are always going to be problems, especially in low volume times, Union or not. I for one was not a Union fan, but at least we have something. We all do about the same thing, for about the same gross pay, my insurance is less than $20 a week for me and the Ol' lady. That alone is worth the $17 a week. Just my thoughts. We are all brothers and sisters in the freight industry and if we all stand together it will benefit all, Union or not....

Xpo just suspended a driver for being on his cell. Came into work tm told him starting tomorrow night your on suspension for 3 nights but you can work tonite
I would have asked for 5 to have the whole week off. If they said only 3, I would mark off the next 2 days. maybe I brought a slip from the doctor, maybe not. But come Monday, I would ask them if I was suspended even more days, or do you really need my body to take care of the customer. Play me or trade me. To many empty tractor seats to put up with to much crap. von.

Being Union is not a cure all, but it does give an extra layer of protection, representation during write-ups, sets rules which in theory allow you to hold management to some sort of standards as to work rules and work assignments, and with a good steward and a little time most problems can be addressed before they become big problems. If you are in an "at will" state you got nothing. There are always going to be problems, especially in low volume times, Union or not. I for one was not a Union fan, but at least we have something. We all do about the same thing, for about the same gross pay, my insurance is less than $20 a week for me and the Ol' lady. That alone is worth the $17 a week. Just my thoughts. We are all brothers and sisters in the freight industry and if we all stand together it will benefit all, Union or not....
But you forgot to mention the $10,000 in co-pays

He told me it was in where the hand hold goes he pressed the button to answer it and hit a pothole. Also said it wasn't his first time
Really.... I don't know about anyone else, but my headset has a button on the side to answer the phone. Hell if the number is in my contacts it will even say who is calling in my ear. I can also push a the same button and get the voice commands and say like call HOME and the phone will dial the number. I don't know why anyone would be touching there phone to answer a call.

We asked about that. We wanted to know if we took a call if we could go back to the GPS screen in the phone. While city peddling. This happens quite a bit. They said you’d be better not to. But that you can do one touch if it’s not in your hand.

Will he ask for a review board ?
Here's how you bet that. The same way did it back in the day long before GPS, we would write the direction down on a piece of paper. Go here turn left the 3 block turn right on this street and so on. we also had that thing called maps. Where I lived they were by county. Now a days some drivers could find there way out of a wet paper bag without a GPS.

Here's how you bet that. The same way did it back in the day long before GPS, we would write the direction down on a piece of paper. Go here turn left the 3 block turn right on this street and so on. we also had that thing called maps. Where I lived they were by county. Now a days some drivers could find there way out of a wet paper bag without a GPS.
I still do this just because a dealer address may not be where his drop lot is, pretty simple, we also have a book in dispatch that shows all directions in to certain dealers and where to off load the units

Dang Teamcare is $1,500 max out of pocket and I pay $40 a week for medical,dental,vision,long term,short term,legal,and 1 million in life insurance.
That's right!!!!!! $2500.00 per couple... Congrats on the new addition!!!!! Pop-Pop.... When people respond with name callin' first, it is not worth an answer...

I still do this just because a dealer address may not be where his drop lot is, pretty simple, we also have a book in dispatch that shows all directions in to certain dealers and where to off load the units
I'll give you the direction to my house if one of those new GMC Sierras falls off your trailer with the title and key in the front seat
:smilie93c peelout: