R&L | watching you guys too now

One of these days some body will stick that video camera where the sun don't shine.Funny how people that has never drove a truck is an expert on truck safety.

this is r&l's way of sending out pink slips to drivers and have a lagit reason not to pay unemployment afterwards. before u know it, they'll be hiring drivers to work for 14 bucks an hour which is what they want..........

Your assuming that isn't one of the combo guys driving that truck.I love how he says the driver is on the white cars tail.You mean the white car thats tailgating the other truck? LOL. Then he says lets get over in the center(and box our driver in more).This guy is driving by himself and driving while operating a video camera.Far more unsafe than anything our driver was doing.

this is r&l's way of sending out pink slips to drivers and have a lagit reason not to pay unemployment afterwards. before u know it, they'll be hiring drivers to work for 14 bucks an hour which is what they want..........

do you know somebody who has been fired because of this video?
do you beleive it is R&L making this video?
then why do you say it is R&L's way of getting rid of people?

as for the video: it's obvious to anybody who has a brain that it's in heavy traffic. notice they never show what the speed is. looks like rush hour stop and go almost to me.

As for unemployment they will still get it.The camera man might have to testify then.The one who is taking this video might wind up in court one day or worse.Funny as many videos he has taken that a Cop hasn't stopped him.

this is a joke right? what the **** is this driver doing wrong? i mean wow!!! the moron who is taping this is MAKING THINGS UP as he taping. which, by the way, is just as dangerous as using a cell phone while driving-isnt that illegal?
what a total horses *** this clown is.
and he is saying these guys are "running down" the cars in front of them????? both vehicles were trying to get around the trucks that were in front of them, and when they did it was to advance their positions, not to get away from the trucks behind them.

when somebody breaks his camera over his head he is going to wonder why.
wow!!! who was the truck driver that stole his girlfriend?

Last edited by a moderator:
OK take a moment to read the comments on their youtube page. Spelling and grammer errors let you know what kind of self-righteous tool we're dealing with here. I think we are dealing with somebody who had a few accidents/tickets and got bounced out the industry.

I watched the video and I gotta ask...Is a less then 1 second following safe in a truck especially with doubles? The guy was clearly less than 1. Is that just tailgating? I agree with the video guy. That driver was trained to stay back 6 seconds and he was just running with them all. He could have slowed down and let traffic get ahead even a litle and let traffic get around, but he didn't. I think your wrong Jules. Look at the drivers, they have a chance to create a following or at least some kind of following and they don't. All of the videos I watched the driver was getting into the tailagating. I don't care about the video guy. If a paper boy told me my house was on fire I wouldn't say "Hey...are you a fireman?!" Take it for what it's worth. The bottom line is that if the driver rearends the lead vehicle it's prevetnable and he's terminated. Period. so i watched these videos and now I have been watching the road as I drive and mpost drivers are closing up good safe followings to less then 1 or 1.5 sec...that's crazy!

And MudPuppy is slamming on the guys spelling error...geez that childish. I'd like to think I am more of a man and a professional than to discount good information even if I do not like the source.

his gps was reading 56 57 mph.dont get me wrong ive been called in on for all kinds of bullshit and im a p&d driver and you have to be agressive or they will walk all over you,but he was following way too close.

I watched the video and I gotta ask...Is a less then 1 second following safe in a truck especially with doubles? The guy was clearly less than 1. Is that just tailgating? I agree with the video guy. That driver was trained to stay back 6 seconds and he was just running with them all. He could have slowed down and let traffic get ahead even a litle and let traffic get around, but he didn't. I think your wrong Jules. Look at the drivers, they have a chance to create a following or at least some kind of following and they don't. All of the videos I watched the driver was getting into the tailagating. I don't care about the video guy. If a paper boy told me my house was on fire I wouldn't say "Hey...are you a fireman?!" Take it for what it's worth. The bottom line is that if the driver rearends the lead vehicle it's prevetnable and he's terminated. Period. so i watched these videos and now I have been watching the road as I drive and mpost drivers are closing up good safe followings to less then 1 or 1.5 sec...that's crazy!

And MudPuppy is slamming on the guys spelling error...geez that childish. I'd like to think I am more of a man and a professional than to discount good information even if I do not like the source.

they were in moderate traffic. with people changing lanes in front of you, and traffic is slowing down and speeding up, it is almost impossible to keep a 6 second bumper. this driving thing isnt a perfect science(as you know), and im not saying everything that this guy is doing is totally off base, it just is diluted with half true scenarios, and situations not being totally as they seem. its pretty easy to sit back and criticize every single thing a driver does as he is driving(especially in traffic) and make them look like they are complete psychos behind the wheel- which is exactly what this jerk is trying to do by the way. just listen carefully to what he is saying- were either of these two trucks in accidents as they were driving that day? that would be no. there is the answer to all his video taping people who are just trying to do their jobs. he is the typical hall monitor that we all have had to deal with in life. he acts like he is doing a service. good for him.
this moron who is taping has a clear agenda here. that is obvious. he hates this industry for some reason, and he is determined to make a name for himself by making us all out to be maniacs. dont kid yourself for a second by thinking he is anything more than another know it all horses ***

I don't see anything wrong with what he was doing. looked like he was doing a good job.

Nothing wrong?Driving while videoing is worse than than cell phone use.What will he say when he rear ends some body? I was showing how unsafe truck drivers are.Trucking Company's and Insurance Company's pay people who are trained for this.He is probably hoping to see a wreck and some Lawyer will pay big bucks for his video.

This Guy is a Friggin Fedex driver who is probably losing his job due to their merger. Click on his user name and check out his other posts.

Who's the fedex guy? The video I watched on R&L the guy could have dropped back, that's all. But he stayed with the truck and then when the truck scooted out he got on the car and still didn't back off. I know you can't keep a 6 second bumper not even 3 but in this case the driver wasn't even trying. He was right there. You can stay in a less than 1 , not wreck and think that's good driving, geez c'mon. Even if he was able to stop he could have been rearended by another rig which would have made him hit the car...still his fault. I got on here to chat about this cuz i seen a few of my compny trucks in here and then i saw the other threads. But i sure ain't here to argue over somehting so elementary. This guy got damn almost 400 video in a 6 weeks. No telling how many he really got cuz these guys work for other companies too. Have you seen the real site? Third Eye Highway Safety. There are post on the the truckerreport.com from o8 and 09. They all say the same crap we are almost word for word..
I know a couple at least that have been canned for these videos.I knew trhe Swift guy and the MTI guy i almost always ran into at the Petro, both fired. UPS has terminated several already. Fedex too. On the fedex forum one of those guys admits to running 75 through Chatt....what the hell is that?! I know one thing though I have never seen a trucker get killed or even injured from being rearended by a car!
...Peace..out

Do not bypass the language filter

He is not an employee of any trucking company,it's just a scam to make money. He travels HUNDREDS of miles just to record trucks,who has the time or money to do that? By his accent you can tell that he's not from Tennesee,so why is he there? I know the drivers that he recorded,both are long time employees with excellent driving records. We all get into situations in traffic that we don't want to be in,you just have to work your way through it. Check out his other recordings,he is causing more hazzards than he is recording. He will eventually get caught and probably prosecuted. We are interstate commerce,interfering with interstate commerce is a federal crime.

re

Reminder operation safe driver has started, Enforcement officers will be pulling over and inspecting drivers traveling unsafely.
when he see"s a truck pulled over on the side of the road he probaly looks to the left and say hey blondie yeah we gotem now .
but dont forget about lil bo-peep and his interfering with interstate commerce grey filming bandwagon .
He's easy to spot just look for the jackass hanging at the rear whom wont pass until after he's adequately screwed up your forward momentum.
He especially likes it when you ignore his flashes to come over. indicating you know he's filming so go on by ,, but noooo he's gotta make you a starnow....lol what a douche