WBC to Picket Robin Williams Funeral

You would think that after Fred Phelps died that they would fall apart and disband. Hate is such a strange premise for theology. And the Westboro Baptist Church has it down to be sure. Hate is in everything they do.

So, did they picket Fred's funeral?

They should have.

After all, it's what they do.

those jerks are something else, ain't they...???

someone ought to wait till they are all in their "church", chain the doors shut.....

and............

It should be interesting, to see how the big Hollywood stars attending, feel about it, when it's one of their own, instead of a soldier. If nothing else, maybe they will bankrupt WBC into oblivion, with lawsuits. I also think the media's attitude toward WBC may be much more harsh.
Wouldn't surprise me if Eric Holder, decides to get involved, since it's "high profile"

It should be interesting, to see how the big Hollywood stars attending, feel about it, when it's one of their own, instead of a soldier. If nothing else, maybe they will bankrupt WBC into oblivion, with lawsuits. I also think the media's attitude toward WBC may be much more harsh.
Wouldn't surprise me if Eric Holder, decides to get involved, since it's "high profile"

There have been plenty of lawsuits against the WBC, and most have been unsuccessful or reversed on appeal. They keep hiding behind the free speech thing.

One lawsuit awarded $5 million in damages to the father of a Marine whose funeral they picketed. The judgement was later overturned in a higher court, and then upheld by the Supreme Court. Something is wrong with our judicial system, to be sure.

In 2011 Fred's daughter announced via her twitter account that the WBC would be picketing the funeral of Steve Jobs. How ironic since she used an iPhone to post the tweet.

It shows just how stupid these people are.

I am still curious where WBC gets funds to travel across the country. I also thought when their leader passed away the voice of reason might take root among them.

Why are anyone even giving them any attention. They are just seeking the sensationalism, ignore them and they may dry up and blow away.

Why are anyone even giving them any attention. They are just seeking the sensationalism, ignore them and they may dry up and blow away.

+10.

I agree. People like this will eventually give up their crusade of hate when they finally realize that no one cares about their pointless message.