TForce | We are convinced acquiring UPS Freight will be a huge success for us: TFI International CEO

Will with the history of any buy outs expect pay scale changes , hope they don't go the Yellow -15% route ??

I’m sticking around...let’s see how this plays out especially after the contract ends in 2023.
I’m going to keep my positive vibe.

Good luck to all the UPSF drivers. I've been retired now for several years enjoying the fruits of my long labor. But Overnite/UPS Freight men and women is the best out there. I know you will take that experience to T-Force and make it the best freight company out there...

IMHO there is no way to polish a turd...especially the turd that used to be UPGF. As long as there is ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY for the management, nor the rank and file, there will be no long term success. It’s a downright shame to see what has become of Harwood Cochrane’s brilliant brainchild. I’d love to return to the days of Leo Suggs (former CEO). Those were good days. That was when this job was fun !

Hang on tight boys and girls nothing good ever comes from a buy out.
I started at Con-Way in 1986. I loved my job! I came to work everyday with no regrets. Fast forward to 2021, XPO, who bought Conway, is nothing like Conway. I feel we have lost our identity. We have lost our focus. I still come to work, hoping today will be a better day. I give 100%, but it’s hard when you don’t feel the company is giving the same. Been here since I was 22, now I’m late 50’s. Hopefully you guys, will have a smooth transition, and that you will all be happy. Good luck to you all.

I started at Con-Way in 1986. I loved my job! I came to work everyday with no regrets. Fast forward to 2021, XPO, who bought Conway, is nothing like Conway. I feel we have lost our identity. We have lost our focus. I still come to work, hoping today will be a better day. I give 100%, but it’s hard when you don’t feel the company is giving the same. Been here since I was 22, now I’m late 50’s. Hopefully you guys, will have a smooth transition, and that you will all be happy. Good luck to you all.
Great post! Most my working career I was at Overnite. I felt the same way I found my forever home. But life changes and so does careers. I’m retired now but I can look back when the CF, PIE, TransCon, and countless other great companies left us. Most of us knows what it’s like too lose a job we loved. Saying all that I hope nothing but success and happiness for T-Force and all the drivers and dock workers they make the company.

You are correct sir !
I met Mr Suggs when he was ceo of Overnite . I said hello Mr Suggs he reached out shook my hand and told me " Mr Suggs is my father you can call me Leo ". A true class act he still had his cdl to drive a truck in the Christmas parade every year .

Old Dominion is the closest to what Overnite use to be nowadays... IMO!
That is because OD and Estes patterned themselves after what Harwood Cochrane had done with his company. We had a really good program before UPS and the IBT. Competitive wages, company funded pension, 401k with a 50% match up to 6%, affordable health care, and an open door policy. I don’t think it will ever be like it was, I’d like for it to be close. It’s going to take a lot of bending on both sides. All of our futures are at stake.

I met Mr Suggs when he was ceo of Overnite . I said hello Mr Suggs he reached out shook my hand and told me " Mr Suggs is my father you can call me Leo ". A true class act he still had his cdl to drive a truck in the Christmas parade every year .
Leo showed up to one of the Company progress meetings we used to have at OVNT, I asked him what made him worth more in one year than everyone in this entire room will make in their whole career combined. My center manager went pale white and Leo said, "I guess someone thinks I'm worth it". Next question..

IMO, the problem is we've become a NUMBERS company, not a TRUCKING company. Con-way and others too.

No offense to any of our managers or supervisors, but don't you think it would be best if we were managed by someone who actually has driven a truck or is driving a truck? Someone who has actually USED a pallet jack and REALIZES that a chip of wood is going to make moving the pallet jack difficult---or impossible.

Someone has actually worked the dock, not just for a few weeks to get their feet wet, but for years.

Yes, J.M. has actually worked the dock so at least he knows dockwork. Driving not so much.....

Get rid of the damn doubles and just use 53's for nightliner for freak sake........Really i don't see why we can't use 53's for all linehaul.

56 ft compared to 53 ft.
2 tandems and a steer axle= 80,000 lbs
4 singles and a steer = 92,000

Just as simple as more to work with.