Holland | We Are Getting The Largest Raise In Ltl History

Gee.... some of us stayed working at a Union company so we had a say in our future which ever way you want to vote. Unlike at a nonunion company.

Agree Stimpy ,Union is the key word.
Our Union said they turned the books upside down and got every penny they could.
They also predicted a closure within a month if it’s voted down due to loss of revenue.
Personally I think the bottom 25% will be laid off within 2 weeks while they restructure the contract.
I do believe there is not a penny more to give but can take from other places to get more upfront.
If the revenue loss is sustainable,hopefully they can recover.
But it’s gambling with your job.
I don’t know why we would want to be in a Union if we didn’t respect and believe what they are telling us.
If 25000 families lose their jobs I hope it is worth it to the people that didn’t like the contract.

Agree Stimpy ,Union is the key word.
Our Union said they turned the books upside down and got every penny they could.
They also predicted a closure within a month if it’s voted down due to loss of revenue.
Personally I think the bottom 25% will be laid off within 2 weeks while they restructure the contract.
I do believe there is not a penny more to give but can take from other places to get more upfront.
If the revenue loss is sustainable,hopefully they can recover.
But it’s gambling with your job.
I don’t know why we would want to be in a Union if we didn’t respect and believe what they are telling us.
If 25000 families lose their jobs I hope it is worth it to the people that didn’t like the contract.
As I posted in another thread....

There is a hand full of the yes voters advocating full rate and closing the doors.... I want a fair contract.

Notice that I am not trying to change your vote..... I respect your right to express your choice... some of you should try it some time.
Every one has an opinion.

Amen brother 21 years at Holland and I agree I wanted more, but this is far better than starting over. Try and match our benefits. Not a terrible deal. I'm a firm yes. Keep on trucking
We aren’t ABF.We aren’t UPS We aren’t Fedex.

The bottom line is OUR Union has said it’s the best they can do and keep the company alive.The negotiations have already been extended and in his own words, not a penny more to give.

Even with the billion over 5 years the unions accountants and economic advisory panel said they will have to have 5% more profitable growth annually to support this contract.Thats 25% growth in 5 years.

As you see on our ballot a no vote on the national master is a strike authorization vote .with no additional voting to strike.
Our Union and economic advisory panel have predicted a Memorial Day closure due to revenue losses that will permanently destroy the company.
The losses would be to great to overcome.

If you are prepared for that and think it would be best for you go right ahead and vote no.
Personally I think it would be ignorant.
falcon-you are always a sensible guy. Enjoy your posts. I’m just curious how many no voters are out applying for jobs and are there 20 something thousand jobs to be had if the company closes. I guess I don’t understand how I see so many people have been unhappy over the years and have still stayed and now are offered something better but now all of a sudden do not want what they are given and hope their company shuts down even though they keep going to work under the contract they hate right now. Ok. Go ahead haters. Call me a troll. Lol. Love you all.

falcon-you are always a sensible guy. Enjoy your posts. I’m just curious how many no voters are out applying for jobs and are there 20 something thousand jobs to be had if the company closes. I guess I don’t understand how I see so many people have been unhappy over the years and have still stayed and now are offered something better but now all of a sudden do not want what they are given and hope their company shuts down even though they keep going to work under the contract they hate right now. Ok. Go ahead haters. Call me a troll. Lol. Love you all.
Again not all of us are advocating close the doors.... I advocate a fair contract...

One of my points would actually save the company more money....
Equal sacrifice with clerical,management,all nonunion employees which were put back to full rate. Why should the Union members bear the whole financial burden of the debt .

Than if it was that easy y wouldn’t every other company just quit paying in and just say it don’t matter it’s going bankrupt because it’s a obligation that the government will come after
Again not all of us are advocating close the doors.... I advocate a fair contract...

One of my points would actually save the company more money....
Equal sacrifice with clerical,management,all nonunion employees which were put back to full rate. Why should the Union members bear the whole financial burden of the debt .
I hope that eventually the full rate comes back. My husband is management and had concessions too just as Union members did. He took a higher level position and got his full raise taken so more responsibility and no pay for the job he took. It sucked for all of you guys. I remember when the concessions happened. I had dead mice sent in the mail to my house. I was home with my two small kids. I barely slept bc he worked nights and I’d get threatening calls from the terminal. I’d sleep with my bedroom door and the bathroom door locked with a baseball bat next to the bed bc people were ruthless with the threats. Keyed the truck. He didn’t put the concessions in but it was taken out on management. I get it in a way bc we knew it hurt a lot of people but we were affected too. I sympathize how many families faced hard times. I worked at the time and made good money so we were okay. But it probably put people in hardships and I get it. No one won.

Just like u mr management

Got more union in my big toe than your entire body.
I’ve never left a union job for a non union job ..like you.
I’ve sought out Union work and have 9and 1/2 years with RWDSU before
I taught myself to drive at CF ..in their yard on my own time and became a Teamster.

I taught myself to drive at CF ..in their yard on my own time and became a Teamster.
One thing never did not learn as a teamster is not to bring ur teamster brothers down. We have destroyed the industry with our sub standard wage for 12 yrs and if u are s such a great teamster u would not under cut our brother at abf or ups that did vote there contract down for a better one one dud brother quite looking out for just u there our alot people in the industry that want a better life snd some kind of retirement

Big toe no think not u have no union in u.
un·ion
/ˈyo͞onyən/
Learn to pronounce
noun
  1. 1.
    the action or fact of joining or being joined, especially in a political context.
    "he was opposed to closer political or economic union with Europe"
    synonyms: unification, uniting, joining, merging, merger, fusion, fusing, amalgamating, amalgamation, junction, coalition, combining, combination, consolidation, conjunction, confederation, federation, integration, synthesis, blend, blending, mixture, mingling, commingling;
    informalmash-up
    "the gardens are an example of the union of art and nature"
  2. 2.
    a club, society, or association formed by people with a common interest or purpose.
    "members of the Students' Union"
    synonyms: association, trade union, alliance, league, guild; More

la·bor un·ion
/ˈlābər ˈyo͞onyən/
noun
NORTH AMERICAN
  1. an organized association of workers, often in a trade or profession, formed to protect and further their rights and Interest

Well mr management i sure don’t see any union in any of ur posts only self interest

One thing never did not learn as a teamster is not to bring ur teamster brothers down. We have destroyed the industry with our sub standard wage for 12 yrs and if u are s such a great teamster u would not under cut our brother at abf or ups that did vote there contract down for a better one one dud brother quite looking out for just u there our alot people in the industry that want a better life snd some kind of retirement

Super..I ain’t gonna go back and forth with you .You were saying the same thing before you left.

And that I truly respect about you.You didn’t like the situation you were in and instead of sticking around whining and bitching and making everyone miserable you left like a man.

Trust me bro, most of us dreamed about getting hired here for the defined pension benefit.It sucks..it sucks bad but sometimes life ain’t fair.
We are gonna have to deal with it the best we can.

Cuts should have been made long ago to keep it sustainable.For that, a lot of the fault falls on our union.

All things considered I think this is a very good job compared to the alternatives in our industry.

Keep trucking dude and be careful out there.

Well if the non union job pays better guess the union company I worked is dysfunctional
Super..I ain’t gonna go back and forth with you .You were saying the same thing before you left.

And that I truly respect about you.You didn’t like the situation you were in and instead of sticking around whining and bitching and making everyone miserable you left like a man.

Trust me bro, most of us dreamed about getting hired here for the defined pension benefit.It sucks..it sucks bad but sometimes life ain’t fair.
We are gonna have to deal with it the best we can.

Cuts should have been made long ago to keep it sustainable.For that a lot of the fault falls on our union.

All things considered I think this is a very good job compared to the alternatives in our industry.

Keep trucking dude and be careful out there.
good job ur funny that would be abf ups or any other non union job out there were the very bottom nice try management

Sorry for u been a union member my whole life and if u want to call yrc Union lol we only pay dues

4a5b1c4bd4444a790344c38a8f62abc0.jpg
We gave back -15% in a 6 month time span and we getting a BUCK back is it really the biggest raise and now we play a waiting game till that local settles the problem.....

4a5b1c4bd4444a790344c38a8f62abc0.jpg
We gave back -15% in a 6 month time span and we getting a BUCK back is it really the biggest raise and now we play a waiting game till that local settles the problem.....
Its still a wage cut because the pension is not coming back I now have to put 20% into a 401k so I am now taking an even bigger wage cut just to have a chance at being able to retire.