XPO | We broke a record 8/31

Nice job all.:thumbsup: Now we need to work on claims. Trailers have been looking a bit rough lately. Press on

When was the last record set and what were those numbers.

I agree, those look like impressive numbers.

If you notice, trading is light...week leading up to Labor Day...people on vacation...remember 9/8/08...the market grows very active right after the holiday...last year, it actively collapsed..

If you notice, trading is light...week leading up to Labor Day...people on vacation...remember 9/8/08...the market grows very active right after the holiday...last year, it actively collapsed..

My advisor says to buy because the market is going up. I believe him because he got me out of stocks in Feb '08, and back in this June. I've recovered my losses already.

Funny how we can break a record on a Monday but on a Friday there is a 2 hour delay. I think it is a bunch of bull.

I'll say it feels great to be working for a company that is breaking records instead of the opposite (like my last job)

The value of a stock is all of your assets minus all of your debts divided by the number of shares issued. Any deviation from this is a function of what people who buy and sell stocks think it's worth.
There are classic cars that people will pay a million dollars for but would you? That would depend on whether you thought the car was worth it. If your a Mustang guy you'd pay a bunch for Carol Shelby's personnel Cobra but not be willing to put a nickel out for a Charger.
Same with stocks.

Daily shipment counts are not dropping...they remain very strong through this first week...

So, the company can run during the week with breaking records. Must not be any confidence in the management to get the job done on a Friday.

the value of the stock is been pushed down by two factors... the sell off of the longs that were waiting to get their $ back and out. And the normal push down before the end of the quarter. the value will clime a little right before if the news looks to be good like its trending now. But when the true numbers come out it will pop up nicely. IMHO.