XPO | We broke a record 8/31

It really is great news, however it makes one wonder how we can be busier then ever, yet be getting payed less then ever? It's a hard situation to think about, either we are being lied to, which is bad business ethics, or we really are that slow, which is bad for all of us. Breaking records does not point very strongly towards the latter. A big part of me trusts this company, and believes they do the best they can for us, another part of me remembers this is still just a company, and they all want to make as much cash as possible for management and share holders.

No but I will be willing to bet that we may break it at the end of this month

Yeah, end of the quarter, end of the month. The only thing that helps us is that it doesn't all end on a Friday night.

The only predictable thing about tonnage levels is that it isn't predictable. I have seen it slow when it should have been busy and busy when it should have been slow.

One thing that bugs me is that the beginning of the year it was all doom and gloom and now we are breaking records 8 months later. I don't get it.

The value of a stock is all of your assets minus all of your debts divided by the number of shares issued. Any deviation from this is a function of what people who buy and sell stocks think it's worth.
There are classic cars that people will pay a million dollars for but would you? That would depend on whether you thought the car was worth it. If your a Mustang guy you'd pay a bunch for Carol Shelby's personnel Cobra but not be willing to put a nickel out for a Charger.
Same with stocks.

Hey, easy on the Chargers! I love my Charger but I wouldn't mind have Carol's personnel Cobra either. :tongue1:

Just an allusion I wouldn't mind having a Charger. I have found the most contentious debate is Ford vs. Dodge so it would make the comparison starker.
T-Birds rule anyway!

It really is great news, however it makes one wonder how we can be busier then ever, yet be getting payed less then ever? It's a hard situation to think about, either we are being lied to, which is bad business ethics, or we really are that slow, which is bad for all of us. Breaking records does not point very strongly towards the latter. A big part of me trusts this company, and believes they do the best they can for us, another part of me remembers this is still just a company, and they all want to make as much cash as possible for management and share holders.

u r on to something, keep the wheels thinking