FedEx Freight | We have the wrong ethics, and are teaching the wrong ethics.

CBDork

TB Lurker
Credits
I know every new hire watches the videos. (Which I think should be shot during a Saturday morning end of the month, not the staged, perfectly cleaned dream dock it is made out to be in the damn videos) Then they get on the dock, and get "bills per hour" shoved down their throats. So now all the new hires, cut you off at the door, while 3 other guys are loading in 14 skids between the 3 of them. They drop their freight and run. No decks. No straps. No cardboard. No blocking skids. Hell, lets be glad it is in the trailer. Im even appalled at the attitudes of some of our veterans. Be glad you make the money you do, and work for the company you work for. B1tch B1tch B1tch B1tch. Is that all anyone knows how to do anymore. When it is slow, you B1tch. When it is busy, you B1tch. Youre all a spoiled bunch of friggin babies.
Not everyone, of course. Just the whiners. Basic freight loading, basic fundamentals, has for the most part gone down the toilet. Everyone has a sense of self entitlement. Why should I have to build a deck, why do I have to do my job. Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me. Lets screw the other guy, and his buddy too. Don't make an effort to get your hot bills unloaded. Screw the red shirts, and their gates, and the drivers that have to drive 5 hours. MAKE THEM WAIT! Dont move youre A$$ even the slightest because you get paid by the hour. LAZY, SELF ENTITLED, ARROGANT AMERICANS! Thats the American way right?

That is not what built this country. That is not what keeps America, or a company STRONG. Go to work, do your best, help the other guy, work as a team. They HAVE to shove bills per hour down your throats because of the LAZY half baked I get paid by the hour attitude that so many of you exhibit. If everyone actually did their best 80 percent of the time, Imagine where we COULD be. Im sorry, but all I see is a hand full of proud workers, dedicated to the company, and most of they time, they are the ones that get screwed, because the fat, big mouth lazy A$$ wipes, do what they want, when they want, and get away with it. Quite frankly I am sick of it. You call yourselves MEN? I laugh in your faces! If you are offended by this, it is because I have described you to perfection. If you understand what Im getting at, then you are amongst the few.

Take a time out, and be thankful for what you have. Although, the LAZY BIG MOUTHS are just too stupid to do that. Too wrapped up in your own little world. I hope one day you have to shovel up garbage for a living, for 7.50 an hour. That is what you deserve. This job is for MEN, which you are not.

wow, what hub do you work at, most of the hubs i go to in the midwest,except cgt, they are in a class of thier own, way to big to have any control, but the other ones people seem happy, yes there is a few you describe that are lazy and in the way, you just learn to look over their work ethics, cant say they where raised that way, i have a lazy man i raised and he is 25 now and still doesnt have a job, and he he dont live home with daddy, same way on the highway, fedex truck aint passing me i will speed up so he cant pass, then i will slow down just enough to tick him off,

You described a whole slew of the animals! It just irks me how some think they are "entitled" and dont put forth any effort. EXCEPT for the arsekissing! They are masters of that! Mgt. loves them, and the ones who bust a** get critisized for not working fast enuf, or, NOT allowed on dock, becuz you signed no dock option, and the ops. sup. doesnt like the fact that you didnt do nuthing for me, why care about you! 9 yrs to go, I may have to vent here, mostly I scream at the windshield, all I have to do there is clean it for slip driver. And for the drivers who speed up and then slow down, I do get unit #s 90% of the time, and I look for you in my personal vehicle, i know 1 steering wheel holder who will..... nuff said.

I don't know where CBDork works, but I don't work for the same company.
All of the MEN around where I go work .. there is a couple of women ... and they work to.
As for the rookies or part timers... well sometimes they just don't know any better /tell or show them nicely ...then tell them again :chairshot:

I'm sure we all have bad days just like everyone else. cut people some slack. :thumbsup:

I have a saying ...I get paid by the hour .. and I do. I say that, when I have a bad trailer and someone comes by and says ..Who did you **** off ...if you look around almost everyone gets a bad trailer every now and then, screw the pounds/weight/bills per hour crap... they can stick it where the sun doesn't shine. I just work, the best that I can, some days are better than others.

As for shoveling garbage ... I've done some of that ...or worse ..have you :duel:

[quote author=slackdragon link=topic=79359.msg822903#msg822903 date=1271685117]
I don't know where CBDork works, but I don't work for the same company.
All of the MEN around where I go work .. there is a couple of women ... and they work to.
As for the rookies or part timers... well sometimes they just don't know any better /tell or show them nicely ...then tell them again :chairshot:

I'm sure we all have bad days just like everyone else. cut people some slack. :thumbsup:

I have a saying ...I get paid by the hour .. and I do. I say that, when I have a bad trailer and someone comes by and says ..Who did you **** off ...if you look around almost everyone gets a bad trailer every now and then, screw the pounds/weight/bills per hour crap... they can stick it where the sun doesn't shine. I just work, the best that I can, some days are better than others.

As for shoveling garbage ... I've done some of that ...or worse ..have you :duel:
[/quote]

Well said Dragon !!!!

AMEN........ CBDORK you hit the nail right on the head, I can't say anymore!!! they need to shut up or get out!!! :thumbsup:

How many bills per hour is acceptable? I've been on the dock for two full weeks now and have yet to see any slackers or hear any whining. I must be on a good dock.
Havent heard anything about bills per hour. Oh yeah. The videos are a joke.

7 BPH is the MINIMUM. I've been trying to do everything right and I get 5.4 BPH. I get red shirts asking me to do them favors on the dock, favors that take a half hour, but might only get 1 or 2 bills done. Red shirts that have me run bills up to the office, 0 bph there. Or where I have to build decks or brace freight in for others, again 0 bph. It's all bph, whether people tell you or not, employees who have a high bph but don't do their jobs right are good employees, the ones with lower bills per hour, but do everything right are the bad employees. Thats just how it seems.

[quote author=Future Driver link=topic=79359.msg822953#msg822953 date=1271703226]
How many bills per hour is acceptable? I've been on the dock for two full weeks now and have yet to see any slackers or hear any whining. I must be on a good dock.
Havent heard anything about bills per hour. Oh yeah. The videos are a joke.
[/quote]

I've heard 6bph is the company policy. Some centers/supervisors like to raise the standard a bit and say 7-8 to make themselves look better.

Where I run to now we dont really have the problems that are described in the original post. We are all doing what we have to so we can go home. Everyone has their bad days when they say screw it. But I have seen this on many docks especially on the big one. I think CGT is the worst and that is partly due to management not making people do their jobs. I will say I'm sick of shuttle drivers who have plenty of time just strip out trailers to get their freight and leave everybody else hanging. As for the new guys messing up and cutting you off, you were new at one time also and probably did the same things. Like its been said work with them. Take the initiative and help to correct the problem. This goes for everyone new and old just go from point A to point B in a timley matter and do it correctly the first time and life will be better. I do this as much as I can and I have yet to get into trouble because the bosses know I'm working and getting things done.

CBdork, you sure nailed this one!! I have worked with some fellas like this in the past... to hell with everybody else, I just want my freight that I came here for. This one individual will block and brace his own trailer, load it right to ride and scale but practically toss it on another proper and to hell with it. The reds see this every night but nothing ever gets done about it....and yeah, I get the feeling sometimes I work with some people that were only childs in the family. :tribe:

I like how "Slack"dragon always has to be contradictory. Listen, I have bad days. I have days I do THREE bills an hour. But I never say I get paid by the hour. Does getting paid by the hour entitle you or I to move as slow as possible, always? I mean listen, there are guys that are older, or guys that have been injured (legitimately) and I wouldn't expect them to be busting out 6 or 8 bills an hour. If your a spry 25 year old, you better be moving your a$$. Thats six for you, and two for the old guy.
I know for a FACT, you can chase hot freight, neatly dock your other stuff, then clear out your bay in an timely manner. Some days the freight works against you, some days life works against you. There are a bunch of good men and women that work here, and I guess we just have to take care of our children.

By the way, it is even worse at my service center. Part time guys get PRIORITY, especially in the slow months. Then while they are moving like mole asses who do you think the big boss looks to to bail him out? Oh can you clock in, oh I need you to stay, oh you HAVE to stay......

By the way, by the way.... YA... I have had garbage jobs. That is why I value THIS job. I get told I have an attitude. I have an attitude because I care.

Well CBDork ... :thumbsup:
I see that you pretty much agree with me on tossing the bill/pounds per hour out the window .. :clap: :clap:
Like I said before ...I see very few people that work around me screwing off all the time. Sure everyone has days they take it easy .. being a old fart I know I do sometimes.

Blowing a trailer out on the dock and picking the early cut times freight is nothing new. :hyper:

Its a fact ..we do get paid by the hour breaking freight. I said I get paid by the hour in reference to breaking a bad trailer .... Attitude, Attitude .... I didn't say I goofed off untill time to go ..
Or that I was a yellow pole holder upper ... :kicking:

OH YA ... the longer it takes the more I make ... :clap:

I'm sorry you work at a CRAP center, I don't

Really ... its all about Attitude no matter where I'm working or what I'm doing :thumbsup: