XPO | We Made The List

I know . I was thinking the same thing. Fos crushed in the yard, two warehouse worker killed when stone slab fell on them....

Exposure to all kinds of unknown chemicals.

Countless injuries. I myself have missed work from getting nailed by a deck beam coming down unexpectedly.

Countless deaths. We have a memorial here to a damn good man that passed. And we had another a few weeks ago. They said he was in the yard for a couple hours before a FAC driver needed his door.

The working conditions are indescribable.

Exposure to all kinds of unknown chemicals.

Countless injuries. I myself have missed work from getting nailed by a deck beam coming down unexpectedly.

Countless deaths. We have a memorial here to a damn good man that passed. And we had another a few weeks ago. They said he was in the yard for a couple hours before a FAC driver needed his door.

The working conditions are indescribable.
Don’t get me started on those beams! Way past a driver replacing faulty ones at this point . Trailers where 6 or more of those things come falling down between stops. That’s inexcusable at this point and a great hazard to our customers also.

Don’t get me started on those beams! Way past a driver replacing faulty ones at this point . Trailers where 6 or more of those things come falling down between stops. That’s inexcusable at this point and a great hazard to our customers also.
Try spotting one of the trailers with bad beams at a customer...a lawsuit waiting and begging to happen.

The two pages that cover XPO Logistics

32bAjmc.jpg

dTWJ4I2.jpg

Bent and broken beams. The rails are all mangled. We don't even have tools to fix the trailers if we wanted to try. And like you said. The damage is way past simple beam replacement.

Try spotting one of the trailers with bad beams at a customer...a lawsuit waiting and begging to happen.

We got plenty of customers that won't go in them. And I have been to switch outs where they only loaded half the trailer because they weren't messing with our damaged mess of a trailer.

Everyone is making good points about the dangers of the SafeStack beams. I think that if we're not going to be able to maintain the system, that the beams should be removed and we back to building trailers old school. They want us to shut down our O/B faster, they want the freight in off the street sooner, all the while, not addressing the fact that FACs are holding drivers too long and in the mix, no time is allotted for trailer maintenance. Changing out beams take time due to unforseen problems like the beam stop screws being filled up with crud or damaged. We have a lack of available supplies to change out beams as required. Try going to a SafeStack Defender board and finding the allen wrench for the beam stops.....joke. SafeStack is a good system, but like any system it must be maintained and the company, with some of their stupid notions of time management, simply do not allow that to happen. I hate seeing good men get hurt because nearly always, there is a way the accident could have been prevented. We try to do our part, but the company doesn't seem to want to do it's part in this matter.

Everyone is making good points about the dangers of the SafeStack beams. I think that if we're not going to be able to maintain the system, that the beams should be removed and we back to building trailers old school. They want us to shut down our O/B faster, they want the freight in off the street sooner, all the while, not addressing the fact that FACs are holding drivers too long and in the mix, no time is allotted for trailer maintenance. Changing out beams take time due to unforseen problems like the beam stop screws being filled up with crud or damaged. We have a lack of available supplies to change out beams as required. Try going to a SafeStack Defender board and finding the allen wrench for the beam stops.....joke. SafeStack is a good system, but like any system it must be maintained and the company, with some of their stupid notions of time management, simply do not allow that to happen. I hate seeing good men get hurt because nearly always, there is a way the accident could have been prevented. We try to do our part, but the company doesn't seem to want to do it's part in this matter.
Other LTL companies have similar systems - how do they maintain their equipment? Do they take the cheapskate , B.S. way that XPO uses? Or is beam maintenance done by designated maintenance people?

Other LTL companies have similar systems - how do they maintain their equipment? Do they take the cheapskate , B.S. way that XPO uses? Or is beam maintenance done by designated maintenance people?
Our beam maintenance does not exist. It is foolhardy to expect drivers to have the time to fix them on such a large scale

Last edited:
I'm asking. Old Dominion , Fed Ex Freight , Estes , etc...how do other companies maintain their beams in deck trailers?