FedEx Freight | We merged

Were really jumping to conclusions here, They are supposed to start having meetings on Monday here at FXNL to tell you individually (you really have to love spell check) what is available for you to take. They have also told us we get to carry all of our time, so I would assume that goes for everyone. Or maybe I misunderstand what you are saying Mike.

Well, from what I understand it's all based on job-class seniority.
Like I said, some city guys transferred to relay locations to get a linehaul run.
And why not? It seemed like a great decision at the time.
But fast forward a mere 8 months and BOOM!...alot of these guys will be let go.
Why?
Because they can't use their company seniority to bid back into the city...only linehaul.
Now...if the freight on those relays they transferred to gets re-directed or eliminated (Shamrock, Akron, etc)...there may not be enough runs for alot of those guys.
Which means they're SOL a mere 8 months later.

Now, I understand and support the company's decision here to merge the opcos.
But they should let those guys use their company seniority to bid into the city if there's city work available in any terminal within say a 100-mile radius or so of where they're domiciled provided they're unable to get a linehaul run...heck they were only on those runs less than 8 months.

But the company doesn't care and that's just the way the cookie crumbles I guess.
"People First"?
You be the judge...

Ok, I see what your saying, and I have to agree with you. In a merger such as this, they should count all time.

They are telling us at the soon to be defunct Benson AZ that company seniority will get you transferred, but Job classification date will get you a bid at new location. So for most of us, years will traded for the 6 months we have been here. Thats just the wrong way to treat long time and loyal employees.

Don't forget, the freight is still there. It still has to move in the lanes. Let's wait for Monday before we start the fairness speech.

Yea the freights still there but have y'all noticed that over the past month or so that FXNL freight has been dropping off? Well it has at our place and from what I understand you'll be afforded to go with the freight as freight level dictates. Meaning that if that other center has need of you then you can dovetail in,but since they have been pushing the FXF side latley and they already are getting the freight then well sorry trucker we just don't need you right now but you know what? You can re apply and start all over because we sure apprecaite the fine work you've done in the past. I'm probably wrong

You get to use your total company time to keep your job. Your job classification time will determine your bid.

ding, ding, ding, ding, ding..., We have a winner! You are absolutely correct!

I've got 19 years with Freight, (read that Arkansas Freightways) and I know from experience, that being reconfigured is pretty unsettling, and being merged with an older company will almost send you to the nervous hospital. You guys are getting both at one time. At least Watkins is the older company, which means overall fewer National jobs lost. It's the second time around for us, (being merged with an older company). Try to stay calm during the shake up, hope for the best, and Fedex will put out more information as it becomes available. Good luck to all involved.

AW

so, if your company seniority keeps you a job, but you just went to linehaul 4 months ago and don't have enough time there to keep a linehaul job, what do you do, go to bottom of city?

No you will hold your job. Then they will take all drivers that made the cut and re do seniority for that board. So if you just went to line haul you will have a job from company time. Then you will be way down at the bottom for bids.

Arkansaswolf you should be in good position in ar with 19 years watkins was in the southeast in the 70s and early 80s. fl, ga,sc,nc,al,va. All these term were contractors in 70s they went company in 81 5 terms in fl 3 in va 6 in ga 4 in nc 4 in al 3 in sc. Cal terms were all contractor untill sold in 2006. They opened chicago around 83 or 84. then terms in tn, in, tx, oh, and other states through the years.

Arkansaswolf you should be in good position in ar with 19 years watkins was in the southeast in the 70s and early 80s. fl, ga,sc,nc,al,va. All these term were contractors in 70s they went company in 81 5 terms in fl 3 in va 6 in ga 4 in nc 4 in al 3 in sc. Cal terms were all contractor untill sold in 2006. They opened chicago around 83 or 84. then terms in tn, in, tx, oh, and other states through the years.

True, after this much time, I'm good. I live in Arkansas, but I've worked out of the Memphis center since '92. After 01/2011 I'll be in WME, (West Memphis, AR) . I did receive a shock this evening when I was signing in though. The early estimate bid sheet was laid out, and I noticed that there were about 40 established bid runs missing from the WME list that they are currently running, I mostly saw the runs that we were bringing with us to the merger, and asked if this was some kind of mistake. The answer was, no mistake. Who said that lightening never strikes the same place twice. The Mid-South just got screwed hard & dry for the second time. Hang in there WME drivers, and just try to do whatever it takes to maintain a job until the dust settles, and maybe some of the work will return. :nut_kick: