FedEx Freight | We merged

Chigger

TB Lurker
Credits
I've got 6.5 years on line haul. Our RM is telling us we get to take our time with us. I guess because were already a FedEx company.

They are telling us on the Freight side that you guys will take your Watkins seniority with you. Anybody on this board from the N. Reading MA terminal? I was just wondering how many linehaul drivers work out of there? They will all be heading my way.

It all makes sense now national has been busy all year putting on linehaul... Freight has been busy all year putting on city drivers..... only in there key big markets...... The brass at FEd Ex have been planning this for over a year I would think...

I just heard it will go by job class seniority for bids, so that means if anybody with say, 10yrs just went to road in Jan, they are SOL

That mainly depends on the city they are in though doesnt it sharpshooter... If you are in a city that isnt getting a terminal closed then you should be ok ... Or am I wrong...

Akron is too. I am from Cincinnati, working in Akron for the past 3 (now 4) weeks. I thought if any were closing, possibly Akron would be one. It's not big at all. But CCN closing really shocked me. (Currently enjoying an adult beverage trying to get drowsy enough to get some sleep at the No Tell Motel).

They are telling us on the Freight side that you guys will take your Watkins seniority with you. Anybody on this board from the N. Reading MA terminal? I was just wondering how many linehaul drivers work out of there? They will all be heading my way.

there are 6 linehaul drvers at n. reading , how many in billerica

there are 6 linehaul drvers at n. reading , how many in billerica

I will answer for my husband as he went to bed, I believe (could be wrong) there are roughly 13 linehaul drivers in Billerica. He is about halfway down the list so we are wondering how the seniority factor is going to play into this. Do you know roughly how much seniority the linehaul drivers in N. Reading have? In Billerica the top guys have been there about 10 years I think and the bottom linehaul guys have only been doing linehaul for a few months, although they have been with the company at least 2 or 3 years.

top linehaul drv at nrm 6 yrs bottom 4 yrs

There are 101 line drivers in CHR. From 28 years to 1 year I think. And the city is 30 years to 1 year but I don't know how many.

I don't know yet, acting pres from lakeland suppose to be here tomorrow from noon to 2100, I'm going to be there at noon to ask a lot of ?. He said he wanted to see anybody and would answer all ?. We will see.

I just heard it will go by job class seniority for bids, so that means if anybody with say, 10yrs just went to road in Jan, they are SOL

That's BS if you ask me.
Of course, nobody's asking me...but still...
Suddenly, all of these linehaul bids open up around the country when they converted team runs to single relays.
So alot of guys went from city to linehaul to take these bids...only to be told about 7 months later that they might not have a job anymore if the freight gets re-directed out of those lanes.
That sucks!!!

Were really jumping to conclusions here, They are supposed to start having meetings on Monday here at FXNL to tell you individually (you really have to love spell check) what is available for you to take. They have also told us we get to carry all of our time, so I would assume that goes for everyone. Or maybe I misunderstand what you are saying Mike.