Yellow | We need time

i agree that we need more time. pension impact needs to be evaluated. 4 hour laid off casual/whatever hourly benefit contributions and possible h/w pay outs for these reduced contributions need to be evaluated.our trustee says that a 25% pension contribution might not provide any accrual of benefits at all, just a maintaining of what we already have. running this to 2015 is a big issue as well, as is all the other areas of nmfa language this agreement represents

Oh no , if we had voted down the past concessions the company would have stopped fooling around and revealed all the billions of dollars they are hiding , rehired everyone on lay off and restored everything to the way it was in 1990. Oh and they would have replaced Zollars with Santa Claus while they were at it.
You forgot to start your story with "Once upon a time". Since I have been a member of this forum it seemed that most here felt that KK deserved respect. He was in Dallas yet now when he offers his opinion not many seem able to accept that YRCW is in serious financial trouble. I believe that if this proposal is turned down, the real owners of YRCW (the banks) will force us to liquidate. I just cannot figure out what part of YRCW is broke is so hard to understand. When $bill complained to the analysts that he had to pay the teamsters every week but his accounts recieveable were 30 days net it was clear that we are borrowing money from the banks using the accounts recieveable as collateral to fund payroll every week.

KK the time is now to stop the members bleeding.Remember trans-con,Interstate,pilot. Etwnc, and many more all had give backs to so called save their company's .Anyone been saved ---------- NO all the members got was screwed and the big shots got millions. The members bleeding must stop here and now it is time to take a stand .I don't know about other terminals but the main office won't let ours put on more people we turn away a lot of freight every day because we don't have people to pick it up.The management is padding the books just like when roadway had caliber ,Roadway was loosing money every period while RPS,coles viking ,spartan were shown making money .But 0ne month after they were sold, roadway was shown making a ton of money.Are they hiding there earning in CHINA<GLEN MOORE else were.? I have been around long enough to see what is happening ,happen before.Times might be a little but it is the same scene all over again.Look at abf a week after the members voted NO ABF was hiring.
and they are still hiring. I would not want to be in any of your shoes. Hard decision to make. The only thing that keeps coming back is enough is enough. How can reducing your breaks, removing a week of vacation save the company? They are more interested in destroying the wording of the NMFA so that everyone is at beck and call for the company. Just my opionion.

..where would 25,000 go if YRCW was to fold?....I'm just sayin'.....KK

They would all come here to the new Former YRC employee now unemployed and being foreclosed on Forum and b*tch about how they can't find a job, no one will hire them because they were a Teamster, they can't pay their mortgage, their cars are being repoed, they are having to spend their kids college fund just to get by, wife is leaving them for someone with a job, life isn't fair, but then and only then there would be a break from the whining and moaning so that they could all online highfive and say "Hell Yea, we showed those mo foes thats what real men do!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually a lot of them would curse themselves for their own stupidity as they raced their JB Hunt truck thru the railyard trying to make that extra run so they could gross 100 for the day.

my point exactly, I want to vote with a clear head and not with all the anger, because like the rest of us I am mad and P Off.
I have been around long enought to know that the people that sit on this board and moan and whine are the same people that never attended there meetings.

We had a meeting Friday AM with the BA at our Terminal, The facts are The International has every month looked at the books for YRC. Yes things are bad, He told us we have to do what is in our heart for the good of our families. The Company may (if we vote no) file Bankrupcy and Close the doors. There is a chance they could pull this off either way voting yes we may save our jobs. It would be better to vote yes and look for a job than vote no and be looking for a job with 25,000 or 30,000 other Teamsters many of whom will be looking for the same job as you.

I'm not saying vote yes or no, do what you have to do. Pray first either way!

Well said Regular 342 !!! Perhaps the real men "manning up" are those standing up to try and make this work and not content with baling out with a notch on their belt that says "MY vote shut YRC down". I need/want to work....there is no "pot of gold" out there guys. Those of us who have been laid off can attest to that....those of you who have been fortunate enough to not have to go the unemployment trail and think otherwise, need to look beyond your own shadow.

My biggest reservation on the new proposal is why extend thru 2013 to 2015??

Best wishes to ALL Brothers we can work thru this .... other companies are starting to see what we have gone thru the past few years. Hopefully we are around to gain back our old work now that all the "super discounts" are going away from the ones that tried to knock us out of business

thanks Disgruntled.....and you pat yourself and everyone else on the back for being "the man" that shut down YRC and put you and all of us out looking for a better job...

You stated in another post your wife lost her $100k job, that and your wages from YRC and you are hurting???? Sounds like you have all the answers :-) What is ENOUGH for you to be happy?

right.. like if we vote no its all our fault for the shut down .
get your head outta your butt .after they have bleed you to death there will be more to come then they shut it down anyways.
you think working till death for just enough to scrape by will make you happy go 4 it .

plenty of non union jobs out there for ya.

I'm not sure who you are referencing to Longblade...if it's to my "shutdown" statement for all who are announcing to "Vote NO and shut YRC down" Thats pretty clear their motive for a NO vote...not for further negotiations for a better contract/concession.

I don't know about you but I am not "working myself to death" and I look around and see people that are making "just enough to scrape by". Thank God I have managed my life and finances so that I have lived thru a 2 yr layoff from YRC and a much lesser job where I paid for a lesser insurance, and although I am yet financially secure for the rest of my life, I am more than just getting by.

Once again, perhaps we should evaluate our own financial management as well as criticize YRC. I am no way advocating the way YRC has been managed, but I am not ready to bail out yet until I can find better work.

I've asked several times who has seen anyone bail yet instead of just talkabout doing it? Where are all these better jobs/bennies everyone sees as the pot of gold?

and they are still hiring. I would not want to be in any of your shoes. Hard decision to make. The only thing that keeps coming back is enough is enough. How can reducing your breaks, removing a week of vacation save the company? They are more interested in destroying the wording of the NMFA so that everyone is at beck and call for the company. Just my opionion.

The statments of your only losing a weeks vacation & 5 mins. of each brake is only a part of it. Yrc was supposed to start paying the pension at full rate Jan. 1, so your giving that up.
Work rule changes that means more layoffs & less people paying into H&W & pension (If they ever do start paying into pension - which I doubt) but they'll pay union dues, Imagine that.
Part time employees that they will abuse the hell out of this situation.
If you think managements attitude towards us is bad now, what till they get a worker for half the money & see how **** poor this gets.

time

I think when they say "vote No and shut her down", they are saying it is better to shut it down than to pretend it is still something special and most of do not believe our NO will shut her down, but if so, so be it. There is NO WAY we will vote for this offer. Check the poll.

There is NO WAY we will vote for this offer. Check the poll.

Yes, because polls by a few disgruntled truckers on truckingboards are very scientific and almost always spot on. Every other poll about concessions in the past read the same way this one does. Despite what you may think the posters in this forum do not represent all YRC employees. I don't think this will pass either, but I'm certainly not basing that assumption off of a poll from this forum.

Yes, because polls by a few disgruntled truckers on truckingboards are very scientific and almost always spot on. Every other poll about concessions in the past read the same way this one does. Despite what you may think the posters in this forum do not represent all YRC employees. I don't think this will pass either, but I'm certainly not basing that assumption off of a poll from this forum.
Now I'm getting just the opposite read, based on limited contact with local drivers, it will pass with flying colors. Ususally they are all thumping their chest and standing tall, not this time. And it always passed with the chest thumpers, go figure. :popcorn:

I need/want to work....there is no "pot of gold" out there guys. Those of us who have been laid off can attest to that....
Just sit patiently......If they don't come back with something better for us, there should be another 45,000+ bills that the shippers will need hauled. You will get a chance then. There is your "pot of gold". If we don't get something better offered to us, these bills should be available to the other carriers November 1st.

opposite

Now I'm getting just the opposite read, based on limited contact with local drivers, it will pass with flying colors. Ususally they are all thumping their chest and standing tall, not this time. And it always passed with the chest thumpers, go figure. :popcorn:

That would mean that it will not pass this time. The opposite of always passed with chest thumpers, is did not pass without chest thumpers.