Weird industry/logistics question..

alex thomas

TB Lurker
Credits
Hopefully this touches on the radar of someone's personal experience..

Trying to identify the type of a CDL job that would entail running a semi trailer on a monthly schedule that shrinks 3 days per month (no regard for day of the week)

I.E. Delivery 1: Jan 27th
Delivery 2: Feb 24th
Delivery 3: Mar 21st
And so on like clockwork..

No industry in my limited familiarity would have a schedule like this, hoping someone can point me in the right direction!

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Trying to identify the type of a CDL job that would entail running a semi trailer on a monthly schedule that shrinks 3 days per month (no regard for day of the week)

No industry in my limited familiarity would have a schedule like this, hoping someone can point me in the right direction!

maybe a private carrier, someone who manufactures thier own product and ships it. but that is getting rare now, as many manufactures hired out trucking companies to do the hauling, as it's very expensive to let trucks sit.

other than that, if you want a trucking job, you have to do what the rest of us do or have done, and that is work everyday, maybe weekends off, or one or two days off a week.

maybe a private carrier, someone who manufactures thier own product and ships it. but that is getting rare now, as many manufactures hired out trucking companies to do the hauling, as it's very expensive to let trucks sit.

other than that, if you want a trucking job, you have to do what the rest of us do or have done, and that is work everyday, maybe weekends off, or one or two days off a week.

But I’m offended at the thought of being forced to work like that. :17:

Over sized boats east coast to west coast. You will sit in the truck in between deliveries.

YOUR Truck or Company? :scratchhead:

I've never run Oversize/Over Wide. I'm just a 48' and 53' Air-Ride Dry Van Dude who's been rolling the lower 48 since mid 1999 who has sat waiting on Dispatch more times that I can recall from Mass to Florida to Calif. :rulz:
"Forced Dispatch" is.....or go elsewhere.:wee:

Last edited:
Only way I can think of is to get your own truck and run on your own authority.
As far as what company ? Landstar out of Jacksonville FL. Might have the loads to accommodate your schedule.