FedEx Freight | Well, Friday was the last day for me

militaryman4

TB Lurker
Credits
I handed over my FedEx Freight badge for a Custom Critical badge on Friday. I plan on keeping my CDL and will never let that go, but i am going to work for Custom Critical in the World Headquarters here in Green, Ohio. I got a rather nice gig. Its still part-time as i am in college and its 30 hours a week. I will start out in the regular surface expedite for Custom Critical and then after training move to Expedited Freight Sercvices, which is putting the expedited freight onto the FedEx Freight trucks. As soon as a position opens up in White Glove, i get to slide into that and handle the Government and Dept. Of Defense contracts and shipments (uranium, weapons, ammunition, etc) cause of my security clearnace and military service/knowledge. So yeah, i went to the office in hopes of moving up the corporate management ladder quicker. However, i started at the ground level on the dock and driving and just like the military, never have or will forget where i came from. Ill try to be the best i can as far as eyes and ears for you guys - and plan on doing ride-alongs with my dad as often as i can to the different hubs to stay connected with the freight. Hope to see some of you in Columbus June 9 and 10 and maybe some of you in New Orleans this summer for the NTDC as well. take care -

Rob

Good Luck Rob !!!
Keep in touch with us all here if you can.
It would be great to hear form you soon.
Smokestack

nobody said:
Good Luck MM...... nice to see someone moving up.
Geez,
Good luck man . I had hoped to do that .Now 20+ years in the business .Still driving. Local vs. road but working harder AND smarter than ever doing 80-90 stops a day ..

As the others said congrats Rob,

Myself I 've never seen myself as management material, hope you don't have to move around alot to move up.

Take care
FM

Way to go Rob. If you have to go back "in country" keep your head down. Otherwise best of luck in the new position.