Yellow | Well Guys and Gals we are going to need another 5%

supertrucker72

TB Lurker
Credits
xrgEdAd.jpg

j4aHanD.jpg

ywuqRsQ.jpg

Well what else is hiding in the jungle in Overland Park Kansas. Just imagine all them customers what there going to do on Monday request a investigation on there Freight. HNRY = Non Union version of the Yellow monster and all there subsidiary’s. Just like CF done and created CONWAY.

A complaint filed in Buffalo N.Y. in 2008 (Ten Yrs. ago ! ) is just now being investigated ?!!! . What a coincidence ! Seems corporate America and the Government would see the Teamsters gone .

A complaint filed in Buffalo N.Y. in 2008 (Ten Yrs. ago ! ) is just now being investigated ?!!! . What a coincidence ! Seems corporate America and the Government would see the Teamsters gone .
See it’s kinda like the same situation the DEA and FBI do with a big Time drug dealer or mafia figure. They sit and build up a case months sometimes years before the go after 4 finger Louie. Also that will guarantee they have enough evidence on such said person to build a solid case. Also that being said my time over at YRCW I never once seen anyone come in and calibrate a scale on a single forklift not saying they didn’t just saying I never seen it.

See it’s kinda like the same situation the DEA and FBI do with a big Time drug dealer or mafia figure. They sit and build up a case months sometimes years before the go after 4 finger Louie. Also that will guarantee they have enough evidence on such said person to build a solid case. Also that being said my time over at YRCW I never once seen anyone come in and calibrate a scale on a single forklift not saying they didn’t just saying I never seen it.
Not trying to be a dick, and I certainly believe you, but they are in our place ever week calibrating scales.

I am thinking it may not be a scale issue. More like when a shipment was lighter than the BOL weight, the correction was not done, whereas when a shipment was found heavier, a correction was done. If you do it one way, you best be doing it for both.

I am thinking it may not be a scale issue. More like when a shipment was lighter than the BOL weight, the correction was not done, whereas when a shipment was found heavier, a correction was done. If you do it one way, you best be doing it for both.
Not defending the company but
Which trucking company does that?

If you list a weight for a shipment, is the trucking company legally bound to verify it or correct it for you?

I actually had a guy who imports and sells floor scales and pallet jacks complain to me while I was picking up because he knowingly listed his freight under a different class to save on shipping costs and Holland caught him and corrected his charges.

He was pretty pissed at Holland for catching him.
Asked me how he was going to explain higher shipping costs to his customers.

Not defending the company but
Which trucking company does that?

If you list a weight for a shipment, is the trucking company legally bound to verify it or correct it for you?

Look at it this way. If you have a pup with 30 bills on it, and 10 shipments on there are heavier than their bol weight by a total of 1000#, and this happens on 50 percent of your total outbound trls, system wide, look at the lost revenue. Plus a severe case of heavier than billed weight could put the trl overloaded. Lots of lost revenue in a years time. I have seen many shippers who make it a regular practice of putting a weight on the bol lighter than actual weight. They figure if even a third of them get through without corrections, they may save a bunch of money in a years time.

I actually had a guy who imports and sells floor scales and pallet jacks complain to me while I was picking up because he knowingly listed his freight under a different class to save on shipping costs and Holland caught him and corrected his charges.

He was pretty pissed at Holland for catching him.
Asked me how he was going to explain higher shipping costs to his customers.
Many shippers mis classify freight. If no one catches it, they save. It’s like a guy calling a machine that makes bolts a class 50, nuts and bolts when it actually may be a class 100.

It says the whistleblower was an employee who said "the under weight shipments we're not being changed" , but the heavy ones were. Could it be a disgruntled dock worker who assumed that underweight shipments we're not changed, because he " heard " they weren't changed? Also, when they do a weight correction there is a charge for doing the correction itself. Some cases it may be cheaper for the customer, to leave the shipment at the original higher weight, than incur the correction charge, if it's only a slight difference. A lot more to this story than meets the eyes.

Crook's period , trying to get extra 15% even off shipper's , but NOT our problem , 2019 it's time to pay up period .......

Plus a severe case of heavier than billed weight could put the trl overloaded.

There is an important point to make here in that time spent correcting a bill in the customers favor is time spent away from catching potentially dangerous situations before they pose a risk to the public. I don’t think that it can be emphasized enough that it is the customers responsibility to declare the correct weight of the shipment.

there was a time they calibrated them every six months at Holland. Then once a year, now not at all. And it seems common knowledge that the bills only reflect weight increases not lower weights. The company with integrity.