Yellow | Well Guys and Gals we are going to need another 5%

Reweighs, and now also dimensioners,are the trucking companies watchdog for dishonest shippers who cheat, or estimate the shipment weight. Dimensioners help measure for cube and freight class, again to keep shippers from shipping say 14 skids they say stackable, but in reality, take up a whole pup. Prepaid-shipper or 3rd party pays charges. Collect- consignee, or 3rd party pays. It’s that simple. Whatever technology a shipper uses does not necessarily mean the carrier is bound by it.
Precisely!

First off, what ever the shipment weighs is what it weighs. If a shipper tenders the shipment for 500# and it really weighs 600#, the weight is what it is. Second, if a shipper A tenders a bill for a prepaid shipment, then shipper A is responsible for the charges. If shipper A sends a shipment collect, the consignee is responsible for the charges. If the shipper puts too low of a weight on the bill and the carrier catches it, the consignee is responsible for the charges. The shipment weighs what it weighs. Do you understand how prepaid and collect shipments work now?
Is there an echo on this thread?

First off, what ever the shipment weighs is what it weighs. If a shipper tenders the shipment for 500# and it really weighs 600#, the weight is what it is. Second, if a shipper A tenders a bill for a prepaid shipment, then shipper A is responsible for the charges. If shipper A sends a shipment collect, the consignee is responsible for the charges. If the shipper puts too low of a weight on the bill and the carrier catches it, the consignee is responsible for the charges. The shipment weighs what it weighs. Do you understand how prepaid and collect shipments work now?
Yes I understand how freight billing works. And I understand who pays for shipment.
The point I am making is the carrier is providing a service, and with that they have a responsibility to both parties. Little bit like getting a quote for work on your car and getting all accessories added on when you get the repair bill. Let me ask you this if original bill says 600 and freight only weights 500, and carrier does not correct to 500 which would be less cost for shipper, is this acceptable in your world?

Yes I understand how freight billing works. And I understand who pays for shipment.
The point I am making is the carrier is providing a service, and with that they have a responsibility to both parties. Little bit like getting a quote for work on your car and getting all accessories added on when you get the repair bill. Let me ask you this if original bill says 600 and freight only weights 500, and carrier does not correct to 500 which would be less cost for shipper, is this acceptable in your world?
The answer is if the carrier has a reweigh program, and catch’s the under weight, they do reduce the charges. I have in fact seen this happen many times as well. If no one were to reweigh it then no, it wouldn’t be reduced, who could know any different? All carriers have a weigh and research program of some sort.

If they weigh it for me I would only expect to pay for what it ways no more no less.

Of course if you take your package to the window and they weigh it and tell you how much the postage is. But if you just put stamps on yourself and drop it in the slot and you put more than necessary you don't ever see a refund. Correct?