FedEx Freight | Well, I'm glad everyone is content with the dovetail decision

that is not all true this time they explained this question in our meeting. we were told this is not a change of operation in a change of operation for every run there is a person can follow. this is a merge so hopefully we get 70 drivers we will get the freight. we were told not to worry?

I'm wondering if some drivers would not have grounds for a class-action lawsuit?
As in...here's all these relay points you can transfer to.
And then a mere 8 months later...sorry, you're out of a job.
You can't tell me a merger of this size and magnitude wasn't in the works only 8 months ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Q
that is not all true this time they explained this question in our meeting. we were told this is not a change of operation in a change of operation for every run there is a person can follow. this is a merge so hopefully we get 70 drivers we will get the freight. we were told not to worry?

So how was it explained to you the difference between a change of ops and a merge? I should be ok but I've got a lot of friends with families on pins and needles right now.

that is not all true this time they explained this question in our meeting. we were told this is not a change of operation

It might not be an official change of operation, but it is a change of the way we operate. The same rules apply.

Maybe they wil help the move back out of the goodness of thier heart? Right good luck on that!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lawyer up HA HA...LOL>>

Thanks guys. That's what I figured. Guys at work were wondering and no one seemed to know the answer. I'm thinking that those of us here in Western Washington are going to do ok as long as you have at least 6-7 years seniority. If not, there will be some bumping. I feel bad for the last 5 city drivers they hired. And that's what chaffs my butt. Corporate knew this was coming down a LONG time ago, and yet still let SC's hire drivers knowing full well they would probably get bumped out of a job come the merger. That's just f***ing cold if you ask me.

you are right smokestack,i have never seen this kind of anger in my 50+ yrs. I truly believe that fred smith and co. Have created a hostile work environment!!! Be safe all,god bless!!!

It's been a hostile work environment for years. FedEx encourages this type of workplace atmosphere. For some reason it pleases them to destroy morale and big anger in some of the calmest people I've ever met in my life. People who always smiled, but not just frown and shake their heads. Amazing.

Did you guys stop to think that all the ones getting let go will management and not drivers?
If you have 2 FedEx terminals in one town and they decide to close one, they both have 20 drivers, don't you think they would just keep all the drivers so they can service the customers the same? I can definitely see them letting go the management from either terminal but not drivers.

So that brings me to my next question: What ARE they gonna do about about management, as far as merging them? Same scenario as above, two terminals, same amount of employees, how are they gonna decide who runs the terminal? FEF or FEN management, secretaries, billers, dock, etc. etc.

My PERSONAL opinion is, out of that 1700 countrywide layoffs will not drivers at all, just management, office personnel and maybe even dockworkers.....
Good luck to all of you, I don't wanna see anyone lose their job, especially drivers.

if it means anything national did the same when the contractors came onboard. even though they went to the bottom of the city list, they still maintained the runs they had, so your senority ment nothig.

300 people in lakeland fl loosing jobs.no transfer opt .100 centers closing less than 1400 total for 100 centers,you do math,100 centers 4 red shirts per center average ,not a lot of drivers will be efected,start center pool after monday meeting,people will take money and run,was told in nas no red shirts affected,

a change of operation for every run that center gets a driver is allowed to follow they told us this is not a change of operations. a change of operation a run is based off tonnage. cmh is getting a percentage and hopefully drivers match percentage only time will tell. we were told not to worry

Ok I was thinking what to do since I got the shaft in the last round at frieght........thought I saw the handwriting on the wall so I took the buy out.....well I started back at National in May.......so after this all went down I was looking on the job locator website and saw there's quite a few road and city jobs posted for FXF........so I'm thinking if a fella or lady applied for one of those jobs are you gonna get bumped in January or are jobs in these cities safe? Because surely they wouldn't hire or let someone transfer to these locations knowing that in Jan your not gonna have a job.........right?

I am going to stick my nose in this business one time, the company will close 1 terminal in every location that has 2 terminals. Dovetailing seniority is the only fair way to do it, by company seniority. My 2 cents.

That is not true! I'm a natl. driver and there is a freight terminal 20 minutes away and we are both staying open. We are both going to service smaller areas,we are taking their freight in our area,and they are taking freight in their new (smaller) area.:drama:

If you think about it they are doing it just like a union would do. They don't want all the national guys running out and signing cards. Let's not worry about the freight guys.

its a merge not a change of ops. two terminals the small was gos bye bye. they can go to the big one dovetail in. remember national was started 3 years ago. if that's when they went line that's when their sen. started. same as p&d if the changed classifacation that is their sen. date. If they were linedrivers for watkins then they keep their sen. As for moving from state to state not tell they have any places for displaced worker then it goes by the transfer policy. that is they go to the bottom of the board. one last thing it will be fxf no longer fxfn so it doesn't matter what ur scm says they will fallow the rules.

I do believe if the powers to be would offer the severance pay to anyone who is willing to take an early out, enough older drivers would make room for the younger guys to keep there jobs. Offer me the severance pay, and color me gone Jan. 30th. Happy Trails TP

I asked the question of our Human Resources lady who was here. "If Freight drivers get bumped will they get the severance package?" I was told the severance pay was for both divisions even for Freight drivers. In fact they are counting on a number of senior drivers at Freight who are ready to retire will take the pay and early retirement to opem up some positions.