FedEx Freight | Well, I'm glad everyone is content with the dovetail decision

Clandestine_ice

TB Veteran
Credits
It's completely fair that we allow our new found comrades to dovetail to our centers and bump all of our senior guys and have the lower guys lose their job. In fact I think we should welcome all of our FXNL with open arms.

I always thought after FXE fired a butt load of employees 2 weeks before Christmas 2008, that we were working for a caring company. I think I'm gonna need a 16oz can of company lube.

It's completely fair that we allow our new found comrades to dovetail to our centers and bump all of our senior guys and have the lower guys lose their job. In fact I think we should welcome all of our FXNL with open arms.

I always thought after FXE fired a butt load of employees 2 weeks before Christmas 2008, that we were working for a caring company. I think I'm gonna need a 16oz can of company lube.

Sir ..You are Shallow....Our senority, all of us from both companies is all we have....
No One like this process, but we all have to endure it.....

No 1 person from either side deserves more than the other...
Suck it up and quit thinking of #1 (or which company is #1.}

Sir ..You are Shallow....Our senority, all of us from both companies is all we have....

The biggest part that I am not happy about is that there will be favortism. Whether we like it or not we all know it will happen. One of the national terminals in my are that will stay open is a perfect example. I was talking to one of their drivers today and he said at their meeting this morning their center manager said all of the current drivers that will be able to stay there will keep their routes. Any driver that follows the freight and dovetails in from another center will bid by senority but won't get a route. They will get whatever is left over. I asked about this at my center and was told that is a local decision to operate like that

look there are bids and extra board spots that it for road anyways if city call hr and ***** if they don't do bids

The biggest part that I am not happy about is that there will be favortism. Whether we like it or not we all know it will happen. One of the national terminals in my are that will stay open is a perfect example. I was talking to one of their drivers today and he said at their meeting this morning their center manager said all of the current drivers that will be able to stay there will keep their routes. Any driver that follows the freight and dovetails in from another center will bid by senority but won't get a route. They will get whatever is left over. I asked about this at my center and was told that is a local decision to operate like that

I understand your concern. I would feel the same way, but that will never stand and if they try to pull some crap like that I would take it up the tallest ladder until it gets fixed. Local decisions don't get it, follow the rules the same as everyone else or Get the Hell Out....

Yup! And there ya have it. This guy probably speaks for a vast majority of FXNL.
A perfect F' u I'd say.

Only side getting screwed is the freight side. Imagine that

Nobody can possibly make an argument that job classification bumping is fair. Yellow pulled that crap with roadway and Harrison knows damn well what went down there 3 years ago and FXE is bent on copying this very model for whatever reason.

Honor company seniority? U bet! But allowing dovetailing of job class is strictly adding salt to the wound and a slap in the face to every FXE employee who gave their service and dedication to this company. Remember, FXE bought Warkins, not the other way around

Last edited by a moderator:
Only side getting screwed is the freight side?? I am number 14 on the city list in my national terminal and if I am lucky I will get offered a job at the local frieght terminal where I may end up anywhere from 80 to 100 on the city list, I will lose my 7 am start time, I will lose my city route i have been running for years, I will lose the truck that was assigned to me and the 48 ft van that was assigned to my route for a specific reason, I have custody of my young daughter-I am a single dad who was lucky enough to get custody of her in ht divorce- I have to drop of off at 630 am in daycare and I pick her up at 600-630 pm after i get off work, I need the 50-55 hours I get a week to even survive and pay my bills--house pymt, truck pymt, daycare, food, cloths, ect--I will end up probably getting a noon start time and not even get 40 hours a week--thus I have to decide if I should try to transfer, try to get a seveerance package or give custody to my exwife(not) dont preach about the freight side being the only one to get screwed, none of us wanted this and we are all getting the shaft-especially those in the offfice and on the dock and the drivers who will loose their job, at least I will hold my head high and not cry like a cry baby when I loose my job--i will hold my head high and move on with my life. stop crying about getting screwed Clandestine_ice, both sides have to deal with this and neither side asked for it, so act like a man and not like the stupid idiot you just made yourself out to be with that dumb remark.

Yup! And there ya have it. This guy probably speaks for a vast majority of FXNL.
A perfect F' u I'd say.

I never said F you to anyone, I stand to go from #1 to # 9 or 10 in this deal {still employed yes , But accepting the cards that are dealt} and I still respect everyones years of service to which ever company that you previously belonged.

Your previous post speaks to someone that only thinks of themselfs.....I feel sorry for people like you...
I'm done with this conversation, so you can have the last word..

A perfect F' u I'd say.

I did not read it that way ... the points were valid .. I agree with racer here ... you are blowing this conversation way out of proportion.....

No guys, your right. I'm sorry. Stupid selfish me. Enjoy the fact that u cost someone their job so you could get your respective bid slot rather than go to the bottom of the board where you belong

Rather funny though how it's mainly the National side here touting the fact that we should all feel ashamed of ourselves over at FXF for wanting an equitable stake in this. Unfriggen real

No guys, your right. I'm sorry. Stupid selfish me. Enjoy the fact that u cost someone their job so you could get your respective bid slot rather than go to the bottom of the board where you belong

Rather funny though how it's mainly the National side here touting the fact that we should all feel ashamed of ourselves over at FXF for wanting an equitable stake in this. Unfriggen real
boo hoo hoo you still have a job don't you? Go cry to to some of the guys that are going to be out of work see what they have to say. As far as the you costing somebody their job I think you should blame old Uncle Fred not some driver who is just trying to make a living Get grip buddy. If it bothers you that much take the severance and go see what it's like trying to find a job in this economy.

If they would offer the substance pay to everyone, there would probably be enough old guys taking the deal to keep a lot of the younger guys working. I know I would be gone in a heart beat if I could get the substance pay. You really can't blame the employees at FXF or FXFN. We are just little cogs in a big wheel. The company keeps saying this is what the customer wants. Hog wash. Mismanagement is the problem. Now Hootersville will be run the whole show. Happy Trails TP

I agree with you and know many other drivers that do too. Have you noticed how they are saying just be happy you have a job. Sounds like corporate back in 08' when they began the screwing. If the roles were reversed they would be saying the same thing. Their just happy to be getting a good deal and not the shaft like the rest of us.

Thank you driver. I really don't mean to come off as some insensitive ***** but as a whole both sides have to realize this had an stench about it the likes of which we seem all too familiar with.
Honestly if a company as large as FedEx had pulled this crap in the 70's there would be picket signs far and wide, but alas, we as a nation have become far too complacent and just accept anything as long as the powers that be tell them that it's in their best interest.

Simply put, don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining.
I'll be the first to admit that I personally will take this lying down as will the rest of you whilst we wait for yet another splintered stick to be shoved up our a$$e$

I'm not happy about and plan to let people know it. But I figure I'll wait and see how it all plays out then decide what I'll do then.

So I suppose if you were National driver bumping in with your time, you'd just tell them, 'No I'll just got to the bottom of the board were I belong' huh...

sucks for everybody. why they d follow that absolute debacle that happened w/roadway and yellow is beyond me. i m from that mess. that company is a complete joke. i thought it d be different here, but i was wrong per usual. now, i ll be out of a job again. screw these ltl carriers, i m done with this crap. i m with freight, but, in all fairness, it s not nationals problem. they sure as hell didn t wish this. i was bitter at the yellow guys when they came in. we all treated them like crap. not the right thing to do. it s sad when fed ex actually pits it s own employees against eachother. smells alot like the union b.s. i came from. i hate to think it, but this might be a hell of alot more ugly than what happened at that joke of a company yrc. remember, nobody asked for this but the suits...PERIOD..good luck guys..i m looking for a new job asap(out of the freight sector)

I sure hope you are not out of CMH, I couldn't stand to have a co-worker like you, you are tanting the Freight name. We are both getting screwed, the national guys more so than us. Sure we as freight drivers would love to keep things the same, but don't most of us? The way Fedex did it was the most fair it could be under the circumstances, there is no way they are going to make everyone happy. Deal with it.

I know deep down in side people know by giving fxn there dovetail right is the fair thing to do. unfortunately not every one will have a job at the end of January. We have been getting people dovetailing in for years but not so much complaining. Now it seems the top guys in fxf are going to be knocked off there number one spot and the worlds coming to an end. if people havent realized by now fedex is working to stay in business and stay profitable and unfortunately people are going to lose. there is no such thing as job security anymore. I will ride it to the end. i stand to get knocked 70 spots so i am trying to stay positive and will welcome anybody that comes because it could of been the other way around.