FedEx Freight | Well, I'm glad everyone is content with the dovetail decision

So I suppose if you were National driver bumping in with your time, you'd just tell them, 'No I'll just got to the bottom of the board were I belong' huh...

I am a national city driver im going from #3 to about #12 but thats fine with me i myself dont want to bump any driver out of there job we all need a job. talked to freight driver that runs same route as me and me and him agree on our routes it will be nice if they would let us both keep running that route because we both fill our trailers full every day and have to beg to get help because customers wanting to put more on both trucks. Driver that works for freight has same time in with the company as i do so we agree it not about bumping someone out of there job it about adding more freight on the truck so that way we all get to work and support our families. And can add even more of our brothers on so they can support there families.

So if both sides seem to think the other side is out to screw each other how about if they made every employee on both sides fill out an application and the choose who stays and who goes? Things can always be worse!! The thing you have to remember is we have no say what so ever in this. They decide what and how they are going to do everything. We can all **** and moan and complain that this isn't fair and that isn't fair but in the end we have no say. Whether you like it or not this is how they decided it is going down so accept it and deal with it. I am sure there will be some animosity against each other in the beginning but hopefully over time we will get to know each other and maybe even be able to be freindly to each other. No sense in being miserable.

I am going to stick my nose in this business one time, the company will close 1 terminal in every location that has 2 terminals. Dovetailing seniority is the only fair way to do it, by company seniority. My 2 cents.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is silly about some of this bickering is the fact that those who are complaining about dovetailing forgot to consider the fact that the work that is being done by each is combined. Now why would anyone think it is fair to inherit someone elses workload and be on the top without giving them an equal and fair opportunity at it?

Also, no one that is carying more than 10 years of seniority is an actual Fedex employee with that seniority. You too were merged and brought in from another company and had a fair chance of carrying seniority. So all arguments about this being fair or not are silly and pointless only coming from a selfish perspective. I dont disagree that it sucks for many.

It goes for anything in life....what is fair for one is not necessarily fair for all. I choose to take a stand up mans approach and keep my head up and not act like a little kid taking shots at everyone around me just because something didn't go my way.

I hope we all hold our head up and join eachother as a new team and for anyone of us that loose our job....always remember that life goes on and no work defines who you are only you do.

I've seen this in the past .... If you don't have freight to follow ..... you can't go and bump ..so all the drivers following the freight .. will be bringing ..FREIGHT

I've seen this in the past .... If you don't have freight to follow ..... you can't go and bump ..so all the drivers following the freight .. will be bringing ..FREIGHT

That's what I told my TM. I hope the guys that are following the freight bring the freight with them.

Enjoy the fact that u cost someone their job so you could get your respective bid slot rather than go to the bottom of the board where you belong.

No one here made the decision to merge the two companies. I didn't get any calls asking my opinion.

Your frustrations are valid but misdirected.

The drivers and employees didn't make this mess, we just have to deal with the outcome. Let's take a step back and wait for Monday.

Slackdragon you are right the majority of ccn drivers that are being offered a job will be coming to columbus. That is where 80% of our freight is going. I asked about Dayton as of last friday it was not an option for line haul, I don't know about P&D. We have not been offered anything except 6 positions in nky, 9 to Fairfield, and the rest of us to columbus the rest of us being about 75 drivers i think 90 and below are out the door. This is not our choice to do this but this is how it is , I hope the people who would throw a fit about this calm down we all know how much of this will be tolerated. Word is we've already lost people that didn't take the news well, so everyone better behave, I don't think they would miss anyone at this time.

Just a reminder, you don't have to get in a fight at work to get fired. You guys with the attitude start spouting off it'll be called intimidation and you'll be out. Seen it happen

Can someone explain exactly what "follow the work" means? Is it a regional transfer or a country wide transfer. Meaning, can someone with 20 years seniority from N. Carolina with National transfer to say, Seattle and bump someone who has 19 years?

There is a great deal of anger out there and I am very concerned.

You would have to very angry to act on it. But I CAN tell you that people are more than tired of being pushed around by invisible morons who don't give a damn about the lives of the people their decisions affect. I know I'm tired of being treated like a piece of meat.

Don't ya watch the news?..lol seems like every week somebody snaps these days. I wouldn't be spending too much time in dispatch after this mess starts

Slackdragon you are right the majority of ccn drivers that are being offered a job will be coming to columbus. That is where 80% of our freight is going. I asked about Dayton as of last friday it was not an option for line haul, I don't know about P&D. We have not been offered anything except 6 positions in nky, 9 to Fairfield, and the rest of us to columbus the rest of us being about 75 drivers i think 90 and below are out the door. This is not our choice to do this but this is how it is , I hope the people who would throw a fit about this calm down we all know how much of this will be tolerated. Word is we've already lost people that didn't take the news well, so everyone better behave, I don't think they would miss anyone at this time.

That's just it.
You've got to have freight to follow to be able to follow it.
This is where people at relay points are getting the shaft.
Because that freight they were pulling is getting re-engineered to points all over the place.

Following the freight. Let's say terminal A is a FXF. Terminal B is a FXFN Terminal, and they are 20 miles apart, but they are about the same size. Terminal A will give up some territory to Terminal B. Some drivers from Terminal A will be allowed to follow the freight and dovetail into Terminal B. Terminal C will give up some territory to Terminal A. The drivers from Terminal C will dovetail into Terminal A. You won't be allowed to go from Dallas TX to Seattle WA. Remember this a merger, not a change of operation.

Everyone seems to be over reacting. First of all we have no idea of that is going to happen. The only thing we know for sure right how is that the merger is a go. Its not the employees fault what happens in the future, its management who makes the decisions. Any finger pointing should be directed to Harrison.

I do believe if the powers to be would offer the severance pay to anyone who is willing to take an early out, enough older drivers would make room for the younger guys to keep there jobs. Offer me the severance pay, and color me gone Jan. 30th. Happy Trails TP

Following the freight was explained to me as follows...

When the two companies merge, the National freight will now be routed through the Freight pipeline. If a National terminal like Memphis, for example, used to be a break bulk but will now be a end of line, the drivers from that facility will be given the opportunity to move to the facility or facilities that will take over being a break bulk. If freight that was once routed through the Memphis terminal will now be routed through the St. Louis terminal, the drivers will we given the option to move there.