FedEx Freight | Well, I'm glad everyone is content with the dovetail decision

There is a great deal of anger out there and I am very concerned.

There's a good reason for people to be mad. I don't want someone to go off the deep end. But people are going to be angry when the seniority they worked to build is thrown away so that another driver from a separate company can have theirs is crap. I know it's not the drivers fault but it is in a way. Because they are willing to do it to keep themselves in a good spot never-mind what it is doing to a driver who actually worked for the company because they've got their spot. I'll probably never see days now and I was getting closer. The reason is because of the 60 or so drivers coming to my yard they are young and about half will be in front of me. Even the one who only worked for national a few years just because they hired onto the road instead of having to put time in on the city board. So yea we have the justification to be angry.

If you think about it they are doing it just like a union would do. They don't want all the national guys running out and signing cards. Let's not worry about the freight guys.

I heard that's why they let National dovetail in is so they wouldn't sign cards.

I feel for all of you guys, Sysco Oklahoma is hiring in Tulsa, Muskogee, Miami, Perry, and Norman, for anyone that loses their job I encourage you to apply, PM me for info or phone #'s.

Just to give you a bit of info on pay, I am at bottom scale, I usually work 4 days, I worked 5 last week and grossed $1833.00, I'm not BS'ing you, that was my gross pay, our benefits are better than fedex, PM me if your interested, we need good men.

It's completely fair that we allow our new found comrades to dovetail to our centers and bump all of our senior guys and have the lower guys lose their job. In fact I think we should welcome all of our FXNL with open arms.

I always thought after FXE fired a butt load of employees 2 weeks before Christmas 2008, that we were working for a caring company. I think I'm gonna need a 16oz can of company lube.

You think I like this any more than you, what a bad joke. To go from the top in Sidney a good day time run to the near the bottom of the frt board in Denver and I just like the rest up here aren't even sure yet if we have jobs, welcome to our world. FXNL bottom guys all over the place are losing thier jobs or having to pick up and move. Fedex is corporation and you are a number to them just like me and everyone else thier is no caring with them it is only the bottom line. you want caring go work for a mom and pop company because you wont get that here.

No guys, your right. I'm sorry. Stupid selfish me. Enjoy the fact that u cost someone their job so you could get your respective bid slot rather than go to the bottom of the board where you belong

Rather funny though how it's mainly the National side here touting the fact that we should all feel ashamed of ourselves over at FXF for wanting an equitable stake in this. Unfriggen real

You really dont get it do you. Turning the hands of time back Watkins was a very good company (better than Fedex) Watkins was bought by Fedex. Fedex is making the moves that on BOTH sides are going to cost people
thier jobs. Do you get it yet LOOK to harrison thier the ones not us, we would have been happy to stay WML or FXNL but that is not to be

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wondering if some drivers would not have grounds for a class-action lawsuit?
As in...here's all these relay points you can transfer to.
And then a mere 8 months later...sorry, you're out of a job.
You can't tell me a merger of this size and magnitude wasn't in the works only 8 months ago.

Thanks Mike, we up in Sidney (a relay yard) are some what better off than anyone who went to Benson,Az 8 to 10 months ago.

There's a good reason for people to be mad. I don't want someone to go off the deep end. But people are going to be angry when the seniority they worked to build is thrown away so that another driver from a separate company can have theirs is crap. I know it's not the drivers fault but it is in a way. Because they are willing to do it to keep themselves in a good spot never-mind what it is doing to a driver who actually worked for the company because they've got their spot. I'll probably never see days now and I was getting closer. The reason is because of the 60 or so drivers coming to my yard they are young and about half will be in front of me. Even the one who only worked for national a few years just because they hired onto the road instead of having to put time in on the city board. So yea we have the justification to be angry.

Hillbilly believe me we all fell the same I am a national linehaul driver out of Cincy I started here 4 years ago and I lived in southern KY until June of this year when I got tired of being away from my family and decided to buy a house up here next to work. Now if I even get to go to Columbus I will be away from them again for awhile and now we will have to try and sell this house. My son is 12 and I had to tell him he will probably not get to keep his dogs because we have 3 and no one wants to rent with someone with a Weimaraner let alone 3 dogs so he started crying. Not only do I feel it everyone feels it. Columbus guys might be surprised we have 98 Shuttle runs as Freight seems to call it and around 80% of that is going up there. There is no sense getting mad at any driver over it we have no control over it if you want to move to a new location FedEx is the one that has it setup. If you think we should not transfer then that will never be an option not to anyone that has a family, there might be a lot of the older drivers that do take the buyout. You talk about day runs man that would be nice 90% of our linehaul runs are at night maybe they will make more day runs now. I think after it is all said and done you might be surprised to find out it was worth it even if you are moved back a few on seniority with a lot more freight coming your way you might have a better run out of the deal all we can do is hope and pray.

Darkstuka I'm trying to get positive about this. Not sure how this is all going to work. I have been praying that it all works out for the best for everyone. I've told myself that if I loose my job maybe it's for the better, give me a chance to go and learn how to do something I like. Always wanted to be a truck driver I grew up in and around trucking. Now I am doing everything I can to keep my kids away from trucking. It's sad trucking used to be the best gig there was. Man it almost brings a tear to my eye to look at this industry and the way drivers are anymore.

I was with national and I agree with most of what you say. we were screwed from the beginning. they do not care about the fact that we moved because of their great opportunity and after 8 months they decided to close our new facility in benson and move us to holbrook along the ice road. this was in their plan from the beginning and they should be sued. but they are offering us a severance package of a minimum of 15000 dollars to leave and not sue them. they will continue to buy companies and then we will suffer again.

I feel for all of you guys, Sysco Oklahoma is hiring in Tulsa, Muskogee, Miami, Perry, and Norman, for anyone that loses their job I encourage you to apply, PM me for info or phone #'s.

Just to give you a bit of info on pay, I am at bottom scale, I usually work 4 days, I worked 5 last week and grossed $1833.00, I'm not BS'ing you, that was my gross pay, our benefits are better than fedex, PM me if your interested, we need good men.

I might be giving you a holler GroceryThrower............I might be needing a change after all this goes down

Yeah but how many hours is that? We make around $30-31 hr average I gross $1700 a week working 55 hours.

When yellow bought roadway the same crap happend, the fact is that yellow bought roadway. fed ex freight bought watkins they should go to the bottom of the board. thats fair sorry your company sold out. in the case of roadway they would have been out of business if yellow hadn't have bought them, they should have all been layed off in the merger.

Last edited by a moderator: