FedEx Freight | Well, It is now Official

I would consider doing it if I could make some good money

CMH meeting he sounded pretty official when he said they would keep their seniority. One thing that has me concerned, being with the company 4 months, is for the road drivers from national taking all the out and back runs and guys like me having to fill the economy freight. Which as of now requires a suitcase and hotels. Not sure if I can do the OTR again.

I'm sure the money will be there. But I spent 15 years on the road. I'm big as a f'ing barn now. I need to take my weight in the other direction. Plus it would crush my daughter.

More than likely you wont have to do a system run, but you could very well be on dayton then.

I'm sure the money will be there. But I spent 15 years on the road. I'm big as a f'ing barn now. I need to take my weight in the other direction. Plus it would crush my daughter.

Sigh..this sucks for everyone all the way around. I hope not many are in our postion...have a outstanding 401k loan due within 30 days of a layoff...spouses severance,if laid off will be zero after they take what we still owe on it. : (

Well thanks backstabbers i mean fedex for looking after your drivers here watkins sure did look after theirs. All our hard work is for nothing.

I am a fed ex narional driver with 19 years in ccn line haul. I am not very happy about this either,but this co. belongs to Fed Ex and they are all about turning a profit for their share holders. Watkins didn't have a thing to do with this move. They sold out to Fed Ex 4 years ago. Let's not forget we are not coming empty handed we are coming with all of our feright. Let's all hope it workes out for everyone.

W

Also remember 1 big issue. I'm a driver at National. We use an ASS load of Purchased Transportation and Contract Drivers to move our freight. At KNT (Seattle) we get at least 5 purchased transport and 10 contractors a day... these dudes and dudettes are going away. This may actually be a blessing for Freight Drivers you may have more freight than you can handle..... we... can handle.

Also remember 1 big issue. I'm a driver at National. We use an ASS load of Purchased Transportation and Contract Drivers to move our freight. At KNT (Seattle) we get at least 5 purchased transport and 10 contractors a day... these dudes and dudettes are going away. This may actually be a blessing for Freight Drivers you may have more freight than you can handle..... we... can handle.

Let's hope your right.

don`t know if this is needed but at the meetings we had today we were told that dovetailing was the way they are doing it. some areas ntl wins and in some freight has the seniority, Believe me when I tell you none of us want it this way, but like you all we can do is go with the flow

are there any national drivers from cgo or schaumburg il on this forum? cgo is closing and making there move to our cgx center! also heared they are open a freight center in bolingbrook il.