FedEx Freight | Well, It is now Official

are there any national drivers from cgo or schaumburg il on this forum? cgo is closing and making there move to our cgx center! also heared they are open a freight center in bolingbrook il.
That should be interesting. You can barely get down the goat path to CGX at night now.
Freight has been talking about Bolingbrook and Romeoville for years.

Also remember 1 big issue. I'm a driver at National. We use an ASS load of Purchased Transportation and Contract Drivers to move our freight. At KNT (Seattle) we get at least 5 purchased transport and 10 contractors a day... these dudes and dudettes are going away. This may actually be a blessing for Freight Drivers you may have more freight than you can handle..... we... can handle.

How many drivers and dockworkers are there in Seattle at National? Where are you guys, and your freight going? Seattle, Everett, Tacoma?

So you know , about half the runs in the northwest involve dockwork
there are no full time dockworkers
they use part timers to supplement line haul
we prefer to call ourselves moble dock workers
unless you've got 15 yrs strap plan the major portion of you night on the dock
you get used to it, better than nothing

Don't Freak just yet

That should be interesting. You can barely get down the goat path to CGX at night now.
Freight has been talking about Bolingbrook and Romeoville for years.

Bolingbrook will be an end of line center to open in NOV. this year. Was an existing center that has been rehabbed just to handle that area. Take pressure off AUR.

Some National centers are closing but many end of the line centers will remain open so don't freak out just yet. Like the Green Bay area has a National terminal just off US 41. While the freight terminal is in Seymour, WI. Well neither terminal is large enough to handle all of the Green Bay area so we are leaving them both open and splitting up the area a little more. Please don't freak until you get the facts.

Was told today that it is expected that most of the job losses will be from salaried people and O/O's from National. Sorry to all impacted.

Did have the opportunity to speak to a regional guy today, one on one for about an hour.
Interesting how this new system is going to work. If what I was told holds true many road drivers will prosper at least in the Chicago area.

Jan. 31 it will be all Freight...double terminal cities National will merge in with their Watkins job class seniority to the respective boards...their co. sen. will hold for layoffs..good for some ..bad for others...if u are affected u can transfer to a opening in the system or take a buy out of 2 weeks pay per years of service max 20 years or 40,000.

We were told tonight that if National drivers were owner ops in Watkins then that time as a owner op does not count toward their seniority. Their seniority would begin on the day they became full time employees of National

are there any national drivers from cgo or schaumburg il on this forum? cgo is closing and making there move to our cgx center! also heared they are open a freight center in bolingbrook il.

I am on the east coast they told us CGX would become a super hub along with a couple of others Atlanta and Dallas were also mentioned. The super hub is going to handle both classes of freight. Everyone is speculating on the dovetailing of the National drivers. I do not think the rule book is going to apply though because they are looking at this as a merger not as a change of operation.

How many drivers and dockworkers are there in Seattle at National? Where are you guys, and your freight going? Seattle, Everett, Tacoma?

We were told that the National terminal will be split up between the 3 SC's here in Western WA. Along with the workforce. I don't know how many drivers or dockworkers there are at National in Kent. I've been told that most of the seniority is in the 5-6 year range. Don't know if that's true or not.

I am a fed ex narional driver with 19 years in ccn line haul. I am not very happy about this either,but this co. belongs to Fed Ex and they are all about turning a profit for their share holders. Watkins didn't have a thing to do with this move. They sold out to Fed Ex 4 years ago. Let's not forget we are not coming empty handed we are coming with all of our feright. Let's all hope it workes out for everyone.

W
You would be #1 driver at CGT!

I am on the east coast they told us CGX would become a super hub along with a couple of others Atlanta and Dallas were also mentioned. The super hub is going to handle both classes of freight. Everyone is speculating on the dovetailing of the National drivers. I do not think the rule book is going to apply though because they are looking at this as a merger not as a change of operation.

Wrong! They will let you dovetail in. and the "super hub" is CGT not CGX.

We were told the Schaumburg national terminal will stay open and their CGO (Lyons/Summit) terminal will close. Schaumburg is a large center so it makes sense. Also CGT is going to be the dual purpose hub not CGX. There is no way CGX can handle use as a dual purpose hub. I would think they may have to turn another Chicago area center into a hub because I can't imagine CGX and CGT being able to handle all of the freight

I work at SCH and we were told they are also going to open up terminal in Bolingbrook. Not sure how they are going to man that one or who will be able to transfer there. SCM said we will know more next week. He also said he thinks most all drivers will have jobs, it's the fulltime dockworkers who are getting hit the worst. If they want to stay fulltime they will have to go to Chgo Heights. SCH was a break for NTL but will now be an end of line terminal.

City Drivers 54 Line 7 (I think) Dock ??? 20+/- always changing. But we'll loose all of our office staff and Red Shirts, thats another 20. We will split between Tacoma, Seattle and Everett Terminals. I don't see Freight taking all City Drivers I think at least 10 will be layed off. 28 City Drivers were hired in the last year alone.

I work at SCH and we were told they are also going to open up terminal in Bolingbrook. Not sure how they are going to man that one or who will be able to transfer there. SCM said we will know more next week. He also said he thinks most all drivers will have jobs, it's the fulltime dockworkers who are getting hit the worst. If they want to stay fulltime they will have to go to Chgo Heights. SCH was a break for NTL but will now be an end of line terminal.

The bolingbrook center will be open before the merge takes place so drivers from CGT CGX and AUR will be there and after the merge it is anybodys guess

I don't know where to put this ... so I'll do it here

I know some people will get hurt... ruined .. by this.. sorry .. I know that does not help!

After the dust settles. This will be a good thing.

National will come with freight to haul so we will need all drivers.

Now we (me) can stop complaining about WHO had the freight. and we can start doing what we all do best ...

HAUL FREIGHT

Good luck to all

:1036316054:

We were told the Schaumburg national terminal will stay open and their CGO (Lyons/Summit) terminal will close. Schaumburg is a large center so it makes sense. Also CGT is going to be the dual purpose hub not CGX. There is no way CGX can handle use as a dual purpose hub. I would think they may have to turn another Chicago area center into a hub because I can't imagine CGX and CGT being able to handle all of the freight

CGT can be built into an H. They had surveyors out there a few months ago. The last time they were out they turned it into a T.