FedEx Freight | Well, It is now Official

pirate

TB Lurker
Credits
I like to be the first to say.... Welcome National LTL. Welcome to our wonderful world of FedEx Freight.

Jan. 31 it will be all Freight...double terminal cities National will merge in with their Watkins job class seniority to the respective boards...their co. sen. will hold for layoffs..good for some ..bad for others...if u are affected u can transfer to a opening in the system or take a buy out of 2 weeks pay per years of service max 20 years or 40,000.

Their Watkins job class..for example he has been a Road Driver at Watkins/National for 25 yrs he bumps in with his 25 yrs...say he worked city for 10 and road 15 he would bump in with the 15 even though he has been their 25.

They are suppose to be doing away with all the National contractors. There will be 2 services. FedEx Freight Priority and FedEx Freight Economy.

Great I'm gonna be getting screwed by people who've only been with national for a few years only because they got to go to the road before me. Maybe time to look for a new job.

SCM said he expects the road board to double in CMH. So with the dovetailing that would bring me from being 1/3 of the way up the board to about 1/6. :chairshot:

Great I'm gonna be getting screwed by people who've only been with national for a few years only because they got to go to the road before me. Maybe time to look for a new job.

I guess the guy a while back who said be careful what you wish for with regard to a merger was right.

im a national linehaul driver, i hope they could tell you where you will fall onto your board so we can get some type of idea what we should do take the pay-out or hope that will have enough time in that we will still be working everynight.

sept 16-17 managers to inform employees about merger and specific impacts
sept 20 managers/hr to distribute hourly workforce merger option and voluntary severance decision form to affected employees along with data regarding available locations based on work distribution, number of available positions by job classification and seniority lists (no names)
sept 20-27 accept volunteers for severance in accordance with merger process guidelines
sept 20-oct 4 affected employees complete hourly workforce merger option and voluntary severance decision form with their choice of locations ranked in order of preference
oct 4-15 hr to reconcile forms and work with managers to notify employees of their new work location
oct 18-22 hr to work with managers to notify displaced employees. the mrger staffing decision form will be provided which allows displaced employees to choose between a 90day layoff effective upon the merger or separation/termination of employment on jan 29 2001, with severance paid following receipt of a signed release
jan 14 merger staffing decision form due
jan 30 merger effective

we were told they're closing our terminal, PHL. we will either go to WCP or PHI. depending on how they realign the service areas

Last edited by a moderator:
We are now called Fedex Freight Priority and Fedex Freight Economy.

severance package

full time
2 weeks per each year of service (minimum 12 weeks and max 40 weeks)
$1500 transition assistance
outplacement workshops

part time
$3000 lump sum
(must have 20 years average per week)

Last edited by a moderator:
thers nothing official about senority
everyones just guessing
But if you read the handbook, theres no dovetailing, if you chose to move to follow freight you keep your co senority
but lose your job class senority
so at this point its anybodies guess what there going to do
FYI alot of people at freight, local and line have 15 yrs plus senority
good luck !!!!!

sept 16-17 managers to inform employees about merger and specific impacts
sept 20 managers/hr to distribute hourly workforce merger option and voluntary severance decision form to affected employees along with data regarding available locations based on work distribution, number of available positions by job classification and seniority lists (no names)
sept 20-27 accept volunteers for severance in accordance with merger process guidelines
sept 20-oct 4 affected employees complete hourly workforce merger option and voluntary severance decision form with their choice of locations ranked in order of preference
oct 4-15 hr to reconcile forms and work with managers to notify employees of their new work location
oct 18-22 hr to work with managers to notify displaced employees. the mrger staffing decision form will be provided which allows displaced employees to choose between a 90day layoff effective upon the merger or separation/termination of employment on jan 29 2001, with severance paid following receipt of a signed release
jan 14 merger staffing decision form due
jan 30 merger effective

In response to the bold:

So, all employess affected will know on Monday whether or not they still have a job?

sammy reid our regional vp told us in a meeting this morning that they can dovetail with full seniority.

thers nothing official about senority
everyones just guessing
But if you read the handbook, theres no dovetailing, if you chose to move to follow freight you keep your co senority
but lose your job class senority
so at this point its anybodies guess what there going to do
FYI alot of people at freight, local and line have 15 yrs plus senority
good luck !!!!!

CMH meeting he sounded pretty official when he said they would keep their seniority. One thing that has me concerned, being with the company 4 months, is for the road drivers from national taking all the out and back runs and guys like me having to fill the economy freight. Which as of now requires a suitcase and hotels. Not sure if I can do the OTR again.