Werner Say's I Owe them $1,000, But Wont say Why?

KageKazumi

TB Lurker
Credits
So I have talked to "supervisor's" about this supposed money I owe them; $1,000, but they won't tell me why I owe it or how it came to be. When I asked about it they said because they are a Nebraska based company and I live in California they don't have to tell me. Is this correct or does it sound as absurd as it is?

NOTE: I do plan on contacting a Lawyer if need be, but anyone who lives in NE is their claim they don't have to tell me why I owe them money correct or are they $!t!ng bricks here?

Damn if I would pay anyone anything,if they cant tell me for what or why....Not doubting your claim but something smells fishy..

I wouldn't pay anything either without a bill. Even then wouldn't pay if it wasn't deserved. If you still work there I'd recommend leaving, if you don't screw them, let them come collect it.

So I have talked to "supervisor's" about this supposed money I owe them; $1,000, but they won't tell me why I owe it or how it came to be. When I asked about it they said because they are a Nebraska based company and I live in California they don't have to tell me. Is this correct or does it sound as absurd as it is?

NOTE: I do plan on contacting a Lawyer if need be, but anyone who lives in NE is their claim they don't have to tell me why I owe them money correct or are they $!t!ng bricks here?
Did you possibly go through their driver training school, and maybe did not finish a required time of employment with them to repay the costs? Just asking....

Did you possibly go through their driver training school, and maybe did not finish a required time of employment with them to repay the costs? Just asking....
Good point on a bad subject. A signed contract is a legal agreement to perform or pay or both. They can be good or bad for the signer. These "shady" companies prey on honest people (and rookies) that just want a decent job. They don't go into the real facts that are in the "fine print" in the contract that these people are required to sign. Once they sign it, they become "indentured servants" of the company to perform the jobs the company says and for the length of time they say. No way out unless there's proof (in writing or a tape recording) they lied. Even then. it'd take hiring a good attorney to get out of it. The company knows these people can't afford that because if they could they wouldn't have applied there in the first place. Secondly, the company has a lot of attorneys of their own for just such a purpose. Bottom line is ; You are screwed - abide by the terms of the contract you signed or pay the money. Next time read the contract (or get an attorney to read it and explain it) BEFORE you sign anything.