Yellow | We've already Given Back $12.10 An Hour! Check Out The Numbers!

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
Check out the numbers for yourself brothers and sisters! These numbers are for city driver wages in the Central Region (Ohio Rider) and Pension and H&W amounts into the Central States Pension and H&W Funds. Your amounts may differ in different states in the Central Region, and in other states in other plans across the country, but they'll be very similiar! I compared NMFA rates for companies like ABF to the YRC rates (based on a flat 40 hours per week)! Here we go..

ABF
------
Wages
-------
Hourly-$23.66
Daily-$189.28
Weekly-$946.40
Monthly-$4101.07
Yearly-$49212.80

H&W
------
Hourly-$6.84
Daily-$54.74
Weekly-$273.70
Monthly-$1186.03
Yearly-$14232.40

Pension
---------
Hourly-$8.55
Daily-$68.40
Weekly-$342.00
Monthly-$1482.00
Yearly-$17784.00

Total Compensation Cost At Full NMFA Rates (ABF) is $81,229.20 a year.

YRC
-------
Wages
-------
Hourly-$20.11
Daily-$160.88
Weekly-$804.40
Monthly-$3485.73
Yearly-$41828.80

H&W
--------
Hourly-$6.84
Daily-$54.74
Weekly-$273.70
Monthly-$1186.03
Yearly-$14232.40

Pension
---------
Hourly-$0
Daily-$0
Weekly-$0
Monthly-$0
Yearly-$0

Total Compensation Cost At YRC with the 15% wage cut and the pension contribution
suspension is $56061.20 a year.

DIFFERENCE IN COMPENSATION COST BETWEEN FULL NMFA RATES (ABF) AND YRC WITH WAGE AND PENSION CONCESSIONS IS...

Yearly-$25168.00
Monthly-$2097.33
Daily-$96.80
Weekly-$484.00
Hourly-$12.10

Remember that the above figures are very conservative estimates based on only a 40 hour week with no vacations, holidays, or overtime figured in. We only have to look at our pay stubs, and our pension accrual statements to see the real amounts. Let's hope the news on Wednesday isn't any worse than it already is!:TR10driving03:

This should be a REAL eye opener for all the yes men. That puts us down with the non union carriers plus were paying union dues For What.

Well, most of the yrc team still have 1 testicle left that they will give up. Might as well give the last 1 you gave the company some company! You don't use it anyways, I mean spending 60, 70, 100 hours a week screwing the junior guys outta a days pay how could you possibly miss it!

you got that right , at our barn they cant wait to say yes. These guys need to reavaluate their lives because they are worthless pos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you got that right , at our barn they cant wait to say yes. These guys need to reavaluate their lives because they are worthless pos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You do know that I get a royalty each time pos is used on the forum. It is a catchy little term though! Just so many things and people you can put it in front of! PS: I forgot, poc(piece of crap)is available in place of pos!

a cool 500 million

we already gave a cool 500 million . what happen to this money . and what will happen to abf . will yrc take your brothers freight and jobs . because they are able to undercut because of overhead.

dig
trash-talk.gif

images

a little deeper

the well has run dry​

it ain't greed
2207307656_b71dc9d2ef.jpg

it's need..the senior man paid the dues-walked the walk
seniority is the Teamster way..the American way

get in line​

senority does not mean screw your younger brother , sorry to inform you of that .the bottom line is most of the people left have over 20 years in so dont talk about senority to one of them ,the bottom line is the old guys some of them anyway are living check to check and could care less about a union brother .

it ain't greed
2207307656_b71dc9d2ef.jpg

it's need..the senior man paid the dues-walked the walk
seniority is the Teamster way..the American way
[/CEN

get in line​

You got that right,"ITS NEED"....you see these fat,unhealthy SOB'S climbing out of their 45k pickups to go work their 12 hr shift because they are in debt over their heads(can't afford to retire)but you're right these POS brothers(sorry turbo)have the right per contract to bend their brothers over.If we can let the company start gutting our contract then the one thing we could recommend being changed is,no signing up for extra days when there are teamsters on layoff,its a simple concept.For the record I'm a 25 year freight teamster so don't start with the"you've got to earn it crap",there is life outside those gates.​

agree my friend i have 22 years and these pos made it on 40 hours a week forever and now all of a sudden they have to get their 60 hours a week in . sorry but i have lost all respect for some of my union brothers !!!!!!

So in your mind what does Seniority mean ? So if a person has more seniority then YOU he should give up his rights for YOU ? SO WHO do you give up your rights to ? If a senior person gives up hours to you should YOU then turn around and give up the hours to someone below you ?

senority does not mean screw your younger brother , sorry to inform you of that .the bottom line is most of the people left have over 20 years in so dont talk about senority to one of them ,the bottom line is the old guys some of them anyway are living check to check and could care less about a union brother .

dont have a problem with senority on the job ,if a brother has more time in and can get a better bid then so be it, but this working 60 a week is cutting a union brothers throat and you and eveyone else on this board knows it

dont have a problem with senority on the job ,if a brother has more time in and can get a better bid then so be it, but this working 60 a week is cutting a union brothers throat and you and eveyone else on this board knows it

that is not the driver's decision. It's cheaper to pay overtime

The company is trying to shrink the seniority list by not hiring or calling back people on layoff when guys were retiring or out due to injuries and health . The freight is there for them to call back people but there are some who don't want to work cause they can't get a daylight start time, don't want to fingerprint the inside deliveries and residential freight. Freight went to cartage and they start crying about men not being worked. Senior guys working 50+ hours when the company can hold you to 10 hrs a day and you want to blame them get real.
If they managed the operation right they could get those guys back to work, city, road dock.

Before any of you guyz jump on me for my post I had fought for guyz who were on layoff who asked to be put on the do not call list trying to play hardball. Aftwer they found out the company was working casuals they decided to come back after six months and now cry that they didn't qual for vacation. They don't want to blame themselves but blame the guyz who want to work for their woes. I was on layoff and I answered that phone whenever it rang day, night, dock , street whatever the work was I took the call and I actually made out fine for the circumstances I faced.

Sorry about the rant but you can only help those that want to be helped.

Last edited by a moderator:

It is kind of funny that drivers are complaining about this now.... it did not seem to be a issue back lets say in 2008 when freight started to slow up and the bottom of the board was getting their days cut.:17113:

The senior drivers which you would have been in this category were saying well that is what seniority will do for you... :argue:give you the option to work as much as you want. With absolutely no regard to the other drivers or drivers families that would be affected by loss of hours for insurance or just income. So before you say I am one of those drivers... I was on the very bottom and was complaining.. what seemed to be myself back then...I guess it is your turn to be heard by no one like me!!!

It sucks!!! but that is just the way it is with seniority.

Last edited by a moderator: