Yellow | We've come a long way

yrctrucker

TB Lurker
Credits
To my fellow Teamsters, we've come a long way to just tell the company to stick it up their ass without seeing what they want going forward. We will have the last say in the voting process, We had all hoped that by the end of the current agreement we would be back to full rate and full pension contributions, that's not going to happen. The proof is in the numbers the company put forward, they have too much debt. We have 1 1/2 years left on the current agreement, a new 5 year would start now, so its extending it about 3 1/2 years. I would want to see the company have to address the debt going forward, and also we need a pay tier to get back to full rate at the end of the agreement like ABF. I would love to tell the company to stick it up their ass, but look around, how many companies do you see that offer $21.00hr jobs, full health care, dental, vision and working conditions like we have. Talk to the non union guys, $150 a week for family health coverage without dental and vision, then you must satisfy deductibles. No pay for delay or breakdowns. It's a no brainer for me boys! It's irresponsible for our union officers to tell the company they don't want a contract extension, it's our livelihood, they'll still have their cushy little offices and we'll be on the street!...Lets see what they want!!!

Come a long way??? You mean more jobs lost, more chicken sheet letters, failed coo's, and MORE DEBT. I'd say this pos really has come a long way indeed

Most of YRCW’s problems are systematic. They refuse to listen to their employees!!!! Each and every employee is an expert in the job he/she does. YRC refuses to recognize that fact. YRC management continues to….DICTATE DOWN. They refuse to… LISTEN UP. If they would learn to LISTEN UP to their employees, we (YRC) would be profitable, again.

Most employees I have spoken to (both management and union) agree that if management above them would just LISTEN to their ideas and suggestions, we (YRC) would be able to save ½ hour to 1 hour per day of labor cost alone; this does not include operational costs such as fuel, equipment wear and tear , etc.

This cost savings (not including non-labor operational costs) would have contributed $1.32 billion to the bottom line of the company per year. LISTEN UP, that means that in one (1) year, practically all of our (YRC’s) long-term debt would have been paid off and we would have been debt free and profitable.

So don’t blame the union for your inability to LISTEN (to your employees--your most valuable assets) and return to profitability.

YRCTrucker is right. What is the alternative? By voting no do you think everything will be fixed and YRCW will return to profitability?

Do you think the numbers are a lie and we don't have $396 million due this year and $500 plus next year?

Please someone tell me what the alternative is to voting no? (before there has even been anything to vote about)

Just how do you think they will get a 5 year extension of the current MOU if they...."along with an improved cost structure and operational performance" AND... "Improved operational efficiency and reduced absenteeism" by continuing an extension of the same MOU??

....THEY WANT CHANGES IN THE MOU to get these things done...like what?....the same as ABF? REDUCE road bids from 75% to 60%?....outsource 6% of all road work?

See what they try to bring to the table....vote down the first offer and see what they bring next!.....KK

309 YRC Chicago

Just how do you think they will get a 5 year extension of the current MOU if they...."along with an improved cost structure and operational performance" AND... "Improved operational efficiency and reduced absenteeism" by continuing an extension of the same MOU??

....THEY WANT CHANGES IN THE MOU to get these things done...like what?....the same as ABF? REDUCE road bids from 75% to 60%?....outsource 6% of all road work?

See what they try to bring to the table....vote down the first offer and see what they bring next!.....KK

Thank you. Pay attention people.

To my fellow Teamsters, we've come a long way to just tell the company to stick it up their ass without seeing what they want going forward. We will have the last say in the voting process, We had all hoped that by the end of the current agreement we would be back to full rate and full pension contributions, that's not going to happen. The proof is in the numbers the company put forward, they have too much debt. We have 1 1/2 years left on the current agreement, a new 5 year would start now, so its extending it about 3 1/2 years. I would want to see the company have to address the debt going forward, and also we need a pay tier to get back to full rate at the end of the agreement like ABF. I would love to tell the company to stick it up their ass, but look around, how many companies do you the way that offer $21.00hr jobs, full health care, dental, vision and working conditions like we have. Talk to the non union guys, $150 a week for family health coverage without dental and vision, then you must satisfy deductibles. No pay for delay or breakdowns. It's a no brainer for me boys! It's irresponsible for our union officers to tell the company they don't want a contract extension, it's our livelihood, they'll still have their cushy little offices and we'll be on the street!...Lets see what they want!!!

They'll lead you around by that illusive,fleeting pension, getting your head pi**ed on the whole way. And you'll bow.
Won't you?

I don't think any of us are doubting the lousy financial situation YRC claims to be in. What I have an issue wit is they seem to think the only place to turn for solutions are the small pockets of us rank and file. The very first thing I do when my budget needs tightening, is look for excessive or wasteful spending. Do I sell the Harley , reduce the cable/ cellphone pkgs. etc... Why is there no talk of mgmt. cutbacks or reduction of salary ? Or selling off unused terminals, junk trucks for parts and so on. I think they aren't as desperate as they are portraying , but the very easiest thing to do is take it from the Teamsters. It worked once before, so why not try it again ? They have realized that were all too scared to stand up. All bark and no bite !

Totally agreed...this is not going to be a one and done proposal....make them show their cards,it can be voted down,and they'll come back with a better proposal..this is negotiations 101..STOP thinking I vote no and the company shuts down...make THEM vote till THEY get it right..STOP VOTING YES AT THE DAMN DROP OF A HAT!!!! NEGOTIATE!!!!!!