XPO | What’s Going On In Xhg

I hear management is jumping off the sinking ship. What’s the story?
Heres the story ever since they fire Paul B the regional manager, what was it like over 2yrs ago, they have had no protection and had to stand on there own. Paul gave and did anything for that place. They have taken any new trucks or lift and gave us there junk. Made our LH driver be there dock cleanup crew. There is no love lost to many that that place has gone in the crapper.

Heres the story ever since they fire Paul B the regional manager, what was it like over 2yrs ago, they have had no protection and had to stand on there own. Paul gave and did anything for that place. They have taken any new trucks or lift and gave us there junk. Made our LH driver be there dock cleanup crew. There is no love lost to many that that place has gone in the crapper.
So things got worse since Xpo take over down there?

I was told by our OS&D clerk that we have a piece of freight on the dock in XHG that keeps getting scanned by different people but not moved up to us. Our clerk has tried to e-mail different people there with no response. The TM e-mail came back to her auto reply “retired”!

I was told by our OS&D clerk that we have a piece of freight on the dock in XHG that keeps getting scanned by different people but not moved up to us. Our clerk has tried to e-mail different people there with no response. The TM e-mail came back to her auto reply “retired”!

Even if there is no one to handle the gzbz. You'd think eventually someone would just throw it on a trailer heading in the general direction for someone else to deal with it somewhere else.

This past week one of the FOS's was going around telling drivers it was taking to long from the time the hit the clock to FAC dock until they scan something on the dock. I know I was one of them. To fix the problem driver are now walking out of the office scanning the first piece of freight they see and scanning to the same dock location. The company wants you to do something in the HH like move fright, open, close, or change status of a trailer within 10 mins of clocking into the dock. No thought is put into find or even getting a lift, oh now it need a new tank, then either find you load doors or a breaker. So I do like everyone else the first piece for freight we scan it and re-dock it to the same location. Problem solved. It all about the numbers.....

This past week one of the FOS's was going around telling drivers it was taking to long from the time the hit the clock to FAC dock until they scan something on the dock. I know I was one of them. To fix the problem driver are now walking out of the office scanning the first piece of freight they see and scanning to the same dock location. The company wants you to do something in the HH like move fright, open, close, or change status of a trailer within 10 mins of clocking into the dock. No thought is put into find or even getting a lift, oh now it need a new tank, then either find you load doors or a breaker. So I do like everyone else the first piece for freight we scan it and re-dock it to the same location. Problem solved. It all about the numbers.....

Nothing new to see here, move along, same as always when were are slow, brass always being harased, to harass the drivers.

Yup, I’ve heard that, though never told by a boss. Sit and spin!

Terminals are preaching circle of life. Get 50% or more of your freight delivered by noon. And sales is finding us all kinds of freight. Would be nice if we did get empty by noon so we could try and pick it all up.

Line haul is preaching cube. Can't have another trailer for that one skid that won't fit. I know you are on three empties. No more trailers for you. And no mixing freight either. Gotta be just so. Even though loading it that way means it all needs broke at the next terminal. They will give you a pointless head load and then deny you one that would make sense.

So, you know. The same as it's been the last 10 years or so. Just some different kids around thinking they can make the magic happen. If the left hand don't know what the right hand is doing..... But hey, we are just drivers. We can't see the bigger picture from our perspective. Just hold the wheel and take the check. Everything will be fine until they pull the gates. Hopefully, we got a while until that happens yet.