ABF | What a bunch of B.S.!

October 2003. ABF Press Release - ABF's third quarter operating ratio improves to 91.9%.
The best of times as ABF at 91.9 operating ratio. Total Revenue 360.6 Million. Net income over 18 Million.

October 2013 http://www.abfs.com/cmsPDF/3Q13ABFSEarningsRelease.pdf
Not so much. Operating ratio at Freight 96.3 off of total revenue of 471 Million. Net income of 14 Million.

Over 100 million more in total revenue and 4 million less in net income.

Please compare these numbers to our non-union competition before having a stroke.

October 2003. ABF Press Release*-*ABF's third quarter operating ratio improves to 91.9%.
The best of times as ABF at 91.9 operating ratio. Total Revenue 360.6 Million. Net income over 18 Million.

Not so much. Operating ratio at Freight 96.3 off of total revenue of 471 Million. Net income of 14 Million.

Please compare these numbers to our non-union competition before having a stroke.
I fail to see your point, can you help me out with that?

During the Q3 conference call....one of the officers pointed out that ABF had little in capital expenditures this year. No new tractors, trailers, forklifts, etc. They are projecting 80 million in capital expenditures for 2014. Their reasoning for not buying new equipment was not knowing the outcome of the contract. The numbers are dismal at best with recalculated expenditures. Personally.....I love driving new equipment.
Judy mentioned that our contract expires 3/31/2018. There has been some discussion at our barn as to when we start getting some of our concessions back....so I assume it will be this coming April. Let's move forward and make the best of it. If we choose to be mad....we are just screwing ourselves. Keep it between the fence post guys. Be safe!

Last edited by a moderator:
almost 100 million in revenue but less net income. What does that tell you brother ABFer about the nature of our competition?
It tells me that ABF has higher expenses, many of which will be attributed to higher pay and benefits for the workers and many of which will be attributed to some restrictive work rules and probably some expenses that we are not aware of.
I still fail to see your point. Ironically you make our (the no voters') point for us. We were grossly gouged by this contract and obviously we were right when we stated that the company did not need that much relief. And just wait until the language is in high gear. That, of course, applies to those of us who work in the rank and file.

During the Q3 conference call....one of the officers pointed out that ABF had little in capital expenditures this year. No new tractors, trailers, forklifts, etc. They are projecting 80 million in capital expenditures for 2014. Their reasoning for not buying new equipment was not knowing the outcome of the contract. The numbers are dismal at best with recalculated expenditures. Personally.....I love driving new equipment.
Judy mentioned that our contract expires 3/31/2018. There has been some discussion at our barn as to when we start getting some of our concessions back....so I assume it will be this coming April. Let's move forward and make the best of it. If we chose to be mad....we are just screwing ourselves. Keep it between the fence post.
What concessions will we get back this April? (Not that I don't know I just want to hear what you have to say).

Each and every one of us has the right to feel hosed or thankful.....that's our choice. If any of us believe ABF will make tons of cash because of our bad contract....then buy some ABFS stock and store it away in a Roth IRA. Top line revenues and bottom line earnings are the mothers milk of nominal stock prices. We can let our emotions destroy our day....or we can attempt to prosper from the changes that are inevitable. The choice is ours. What we do is a sacrifice. We sacrifice our family life, personal life, and health. We risk injury or death everyday. Let's not sacrifice our mental health too. We are all on the same team guys. Let's move on and try to stay positive.

October 2003. ABF Press Release*-*ABF's third quarter operating ratio improves to 91.9%.

Judy mentioned that our contract expires 3/31/2018. There has been some discussion at our barn as to when we start getting some of our concessions back....so I assume it will be this coming April. Let's move forward and make the best of it. If we choose to be mad....we are just screwing ourselves. Keep it between the fence post guys. Be safe!

Each and every one of us has the right to feel hosed or thankful.....that's our choice. If any of us believe ABF will make tons of cash because of our bad contract....then buy some ABFS stock and store it away in a Roth IRA. Top line revenues and bottom line earnings are the mothers milk of nominal stock prices. We can let our emotions destroy our day....or we can attempt to prosper from the changes that are inevitable. The choice is ours. What we do is a sacrifice. We sacrifice our family life, personal life, and health. We risk injury or death everyday. Let's not sacrifice our mental health too. We are all on the same team guys. Let's move on and try to stay positive.

WOW ABFer Their sure seems to be enough management on here lately!!! Some of these post are saying exactly what someone in management would say!!!

BY THE WAY THIS IS STILL A TERRIBLE CONTRACT… Bonehead Industries... ABC knew ABF was having a great 3rd. quarter, and surprise 19 in upper management sure are going to have a great holiday with their free stock that was awarded to them just days before the release of the 3rd Quarter Reports. ...

Nothumbleenough again you speak just like management!!! We are not talking about non union companies!!! We are talking about ABF, and now that the contract is passed, look at how good that O.R is, and how well they did in the 3rd. Q... This was not a fluke... TIMING IS EVERYTHING!!!

How about that shared sacrifice... How much did you make today!!!

The $60 million being saved per year in our new contract will cover most of the $80million in PROJECTED capital expenditures in 2014

You should see what my total revenue & net income is from 2003 compared to it in 2013 especially now that I'm making the same salary as 2008 !!!

Don't forget,Every Friday when you get paid assume the position and say.Yes Sir may I please have another.You have no balls,You wish you had only in your dreams.

I love tough talk from the drones online! Lol!

It's not about having balls. It's about sucking it up and moving on. Stop crying like a little bi.....well you know.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I love tough talk from the drones online! Lol!

It's not about having balls. It's about sucking it up and moving on. Stop crying like a little bi.....well you know.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Unfortunately we have no choice but to suck it up but moving on might not be so easy. The full ramifications of the garbage pail they call our contract have not been fully experienced and may not be for a while yet. Right off the starting block it becomes obvious that those of us who were opposed to this new contract were right. Now let's see what more comes our way. BTW Stoney, I hope you and all others like that new 401k that you just got rammed with (if you participate in it). I know I'm not enjoying the experience one bit. And the cherry on top is that five year era that it covers. Stay tuned I'm sure there is more to come.

What concessions will we get back this April? (Not that I don't know I just want to hear what you have to say).

Still posting but no answer on what concessions we will be getting back in April???

WOW ABFer Their sure seems to be enough management on here lately!!! Some of these post are saying exactly what someone in management would say!!!

BY THE WAY THIS IS STILL A TERRIBLE CONTRACT… Bonehead Industries... ABC knew ABF was having a great 3rd. quarter, and surprise 19 in upper management sure are going to have a great holiday with their free stock that was awarded to them just days before the release of the 3rd Quarter Reports. ...

Nothumbleenough again you speak just like management!!! We are not talking about non union companies!!! We are talking about ABF, and now that the contract is passed, look at how good that O.R is, and how well they did in the 3rd. Q... This was not a fluke... TIMING IS EVERYTHING!!!

How about that shared sacrifice... How much did you make today!!!
I can understand some misguided souls uttering management ideas but when they are 100% management and 0% worker it sounds fishy doesn't it? Hey, even Stoney has a thing or two to say on the workers' behalf.

The new profit sharing plan is gonna be nice a nice incentive.
Your naivete shines brightly. How old are you? Do you really think for one second that there is even the slimmest of possibilities that ABF would let a profit of any size slip by them that would put an extra penny into your hands?

Your naivete shines brightly. How old are you? Do you really think for one second that there is even the slimmest of possibilities that ABF would let a profit of any size slip by them that would put an extra penny into your hands?
Most drivers run around here saying " abf owes me this... Abf owes me that... " just maybe they'll let you in on it. The negativity is doing nothing for yourself abfer.Chill out and let it run its course

I was referring to the Q3 conference call and the end of our contract being 3/31/18. I assumed (and wrote assumed) our pay increases would sync up with that date....however that is not the case. Our pay will increase by 2% on 7/1/14. The language of the contract stays the same through the duration.

I can understand some misguided souls uttering management ideas but when they are 100% management and 0% worker it sounds fishy doesn't it? Hey, even Stoney has a thing or two to say on the workers' behalf.

I'm a 25 year teamster. My dad is a retired 33 year teamster. I've never been accused of "not being a worker." Thank you for the kind words.