ABF | What a bunch of B.S.!

My boy,....you're not in the same category as someone who's peddled city freight with a two stick B-model, and a city trailer with a chain-and-tarp door...........
And he's bragging about his tough times of the past....:hysterical: :hysterical:

My first day I remember the old guys with a pint in their back pocket. Stop have a nip and keep on hand truckin. Lunch time came and they would have a can of beer with their lunch.
The they each have their own can opener, or did they all share one?
And I'll bet that our buddy Rollin doesn't even know what I'm talking about.

I had it really tough when I first started at ABF. My tractor seat was fastened hard to the floor, no springs, no air seat, the spring seat with adjustments came later. Then it had leaf springs all the way around, no air ride there either. The power steering was a combination of my big steering wheel and my pumping iron biceps. A/C was windows down and truck moving. And worst of all, if you can believe I endured it...I actually had to shift it manually and it had this two speed rear that made it sound like I was grinding the gears. Whew I can't believe I survived those times with all my faculties intact.

They took a page out of the YRC playbook. Then they wonder why the " us vs. them " mentality is so prevalent.

They took a page out of the YRC playbook. Then they wonder why the " us vs. them " mentality is so prevalent.
It was never that bad at ABF. Might have been some of it but the horizon looks kind of bleak. Up until recently there was a strong family influence here at ABF but the last of the family has fallen into the background and will probably retire altogether before too long. As is always the case when a man starts a company and it gets passed down through the generations things get worse with each hand off. I heard many bad stories about the Big R years ago and I feel as though we're headed down that path.

It was never that bad at ABF. Might have been some of it but the horizon looks kind of bleak. Up until recently there was a strong family influence here at ABF but the last of the family has fallen into the background and will probably retire altogether before too long. As is always the case when a man starts a company and it gets passed down through the generations things get worse with each hand off. I heard many bad stories about the Big R years ago and I feel as though we're headed down that path.

It was no mistake, I did LIKE that post.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

What did you do Stoney, leave your sense of humor at home?

No SPH-L710 or Tapatalk here.

Oh here he goes with that stupid, how, what , where & why mumbo jumbo..... I you think that makes you look intelligent you couldn't be more wrong....

I know, asking some of you to get specific just blows your mind. Stick to the baseless rhetoric.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk