FedEx Freight | What a day

Get the freight off , then call them and tell the dick-heads you can't make any pick ups , come on because of unsafe equipment , write it up , and go home for the rest of the week Brother . (I'm not jump seating some filthy hunk of crap.)

SS :wee:

I've heard from a very reliable source that you can load 32000 lbs of liquid in the front 20 feet of a 48 foot trailer and not blow an airbag. Of course the day is still young but it's looking good.

I have very little to no tolerance for busted stuff in trucks today or even cars for that matter.

Its going to get fixed. Or scrapped and I get another job or another tractor.

I say this... every single time I tell a suit or boss "This truck is broke" leads to a hell of a day or night as everyone avoids having to deal with the broken truck.

Until I learned to simply go home leave the thing in the yard. They can call me when its ready. And not before. Or fire me.

Spend a week in orientation and hear the spew about how they are a family and operate with safety in mind and so on so forth etc ad nauseum...

The first time something breaks, we find out fast just how they like it.

There has been times Ive taken a broken truck into a TA shop or whatever shop. Provide all the information on company etc. Then tell them fix it. They say its expensive. I say not my problem I dont own the truck. The company does. Fix it please so we can get going.

When they get the call and learn just what is fixed and in particular how much they explode. But always paid it.

One tried to fire me for fixing broken trucks. I had documented it and took it to the State at home. They provided unemployemnt on the spot. The company exploded again.

It would be so much easier if the companies in the entire blessed trucking industry actually gave a ******* about broken trucks and when a driver says fix it please... its fixed. No fuss.

I have never found any operation anywhere that will fix it please without a fuss.

Twice in extreme situations Ive gone into a scale with a obviously busted truck. Aw lookie here. Inspection. Hey boss. OOS. Busted just like I told you. This time you have citations to pay. (Virginia in particular)

They exploded. Not my problem.

Part Two.

My very favorite incident.

Wife and I were team with FFE prior to 9-11 that year. We just finished a spell running blood plasma and was out of Lancaster with a very hot JIT load to Iowa someplace. It was so hot and needs to be there they called on us to drop, hook and get going we're late already. It has to be there.

By the time we reached fort worth the poor tractor threw the transmission. This was one of the first autos with the Rockwell Paddle shifter. The whole transmission simply bricked. We found a parking lot and sat.

The VP of operations came out from Lancaster on a late afternoon to eyeball the darn thing and yep. Its bricked. He was supposed to be somewhere at home at 6 PM for a birthday party or something and there we are waiting on captian hook to tow us trailer and all back to Lancaster.

They dug up a couple of staff with CDL's out of the office and threw them into the load and gone. It took three days to drain the software from the transmission and reinstall everything fresh.

Why? We never shut the truck off. In the owners manual for that transmission it is required to shut the truck off a minimum of 1 hour every 8th day so it can drain the buffer correctly. That does not happen in team operation.

Dispatch was given orders to run us 6 and half days and give us 12 hours off with engine off if the weather permits. It was one of the most positive changes. Why? The Veep saw a bag of laundry that has been there on the pax seat for 10 days. We had no time to sit and do laundry either.

In due time we left FFE for high dollar pharmacy because FFE's payrolls could not keep up with us averaging 6000 miles every week. On the second 0.00 paycheck for no paperwork processing, we left the company. We eventually got paid. But it was not acceptable to not be paid for that kind of trucking. All that computer technology and they lose the paperworks. What a waste.

Part Two.

Wife and I were team with FFE prior to 9-11 that year. We just finished a spell running blood plasma and was out of Lancaster with a very hot JIT load to Iowa someplace. It was so hot and needs to be there they called on us to drop, hook and get going we're late already. It has to be there.

By the time we reached fort worth the poor tractor threw the transmission. This was one of the first autos with the Rockwell Paddle shifter. The whole transmission simply bricked. We found a parking lot and sat.

The VP of operations came out from Lancaster on a late afternoon to eyeball the darn thing and yep. Its bricked. He was supposed to be somewhere at home at 6 PM for a birthday party or something and there we are waiting on captian hook to tow us trailer and all back to Lancaster.

They dug up a couple of staff with CDL's out of the office and threw them into the load and gone. It took three days to drain the software from the transmission and reinstall everything fresh.

Why? We never shut the truck off. In the owners manual for that transmission it is required to shut the truck off a minimum of 1 hour every 8th day so it can drain the buffer correctly. That does not happen in team operation.

Dispatch was given orders to run us 6 and half days and give us 12 hours off with engine off if the weather permits. It was one of the most positive changes. Why? The Veep saw a bag of laundry that has been there on the pax seat for 10 days. We had no time to sit and do laundry either.

In due time we left FFE for high dollar pharmacy because FFE's payrolls could not keep up with us averaging 6000 miles every week. On the second 0.00 paycheck for no paperwork processing, we left the company. We eventually got paid. But it was not acceptable to not be paid for that kind of trucking. All that computer technology and they lose the paperworks. What a waste.
Źzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Part Two.

I like this story, you remind me of a guy over on the other forum who used to go by the handle x1heavy and he ran really hard for FFE too, said he pulled a lot of loads for MBM and delivered to a few Red Lobster Restaurants in the late 1990s and early 2000s.

I like this story, you remind me of a guy over on the other forum who used to go by the handle x1heavy and he ran really hard for FFE too, said he pulled a lot of loads for MBM and delivered to a few Red Lobster Restaurants in the late 1990s and early 2000s.
That character is killed off. I am the one and same. The other forum admins showed too much inclination to keep everyone politically correct and so on. I was eventually thrown out years ago. By then I could not be bothered to give a damn.

The doctors have done pretty good the last 4 years or so. What I have now in living terms is what I have. at some point that will stop too when I pass on.

In the mean time I dont mind telling very simple versions of the old stories now and then without 10,000 letters or excessive waste.

It reflects my mindset late in life towards the end that I try to enjoy what matters, and let the rest of everything go. I may not be here tomorrow or any other. So today is a good day. I have not been to those old forums for a very long time and can imagine the same ... bland content that has no politics, drama or story telling and so on. In other words no spicy stuff.