Yellow | What About The Equipment?

Disgruntled

TB Regular
Credits
I heard the DC in SCA or Bloomington??? was getting new tractors and if 1 DC gets them do all? Also how is it YRC can afford 60 new tractors???

I am glad you brought that up, about the electricity. When the 301 gets finished being reconstructed, it will be the only YRC terminal that will operate by the use of solar panels in the day time. So YRC will be saving a lot of money on the use of electricity.

I am glad you brought that up, about the electricity. When the 301 gets finished being reconstructed, it will be the only YRC terminal that will operate by the use of solar panels in the day time. So YRC will be saving a lot of money on the use of electricity.
You mean 301 will be saving some $$ on their electric bill.

Would be nice to see newer equipment coming into the terminal though, for a change! I know it wont happen, something has to give eventually 'cause they can't keep putting a band-aide on this old junk and expect it to keep running.

I think you mean that 301 has been saving electricity there since December 2009...Its been awful dark there. Saving on the water bill to. Also looks like the landscaper hasn't been paid in months weeds are really high there in the yard.

cool save money 301

I think you mean that 301 has been saving electricity there since December 2009...Its been awful dark there. Saving on the water bill to. Also looks like the landscaper hasn't been paid in months weeds are really high there in the yard.
I'd say judging by what the 896 terminal (where I work) looks like that all existing terminals need a makeover, along with updated IT, We are in the Stone Age compared to other LTL's when it comes to facility's, equipment, IT, etc.

That is correct. 301 is dark there now, but having the solar panels built in place, 301 will be counting on the (Yellow) sun for the use of cleaner energy to provide the electricity throughout the facility during the day time.

New Trucks

Leased trucks are changed out so as Pensky can get maximum dollar for their investment. The only time I have seen them extend use was with the SLC sleepers. With no company making cab overs and no market to sell them they ran the wheels off.
Asked Pensky where they ended up and was told they were shipped to Russia.
Note:
If moving and you go thru a Pensky owned business ( not a gas station down the street ) they will give you a great YRCW discount.

The reason for newer trucks at 640 and all of California is because if you do not have a clean air truck, you are fined by the rail and the ports, and the fines are steep. That is the reason.

I'd say judging by what the 896 terminal (where I work) looks like that all existing terminals need a makeover, along with updated IT, We are in the Stone Age compared to other LTL's when it comes to facility's, equipment, IT, etc.
Ive been here for 21 years and i have always heard that we are really far behind in the technology that is out there.

All you yes girls that are so worried about driving a new truck can just go out and buy it yourself or give back another 25% of your pay, thats the only way you "may" get one. That or go to work for a trucking company that knows how to make money.
As far as the i-t equipment, ours was pretty up to date at our terminal but they brought over all the roadway computers, you know, the ones where the 9 inch monitor is attached on top of the box containing the hard drive and always gave that annoying green tint on the screen. I think they were the ones the schools got rid of in the late 70s when they switched to the commodore 64s!

Oh, I forgot to say, today at the terminal, when I got back from my run, I was adding up all my hours to make sure I didn't go over my 280 for the month, the roadway supervisor saw me using my little $1.99 calculator from wally world. It only adds, subtracts, multiplies and devides, he came over and looked at it and was in awe! Said hes talking to the manager about one for the office! He also said he couldn't believe the one they had was as big as a cash register, the ones where the numbers slide up and down at the top. Welcome to the 21st century!

RDWY was pulling triples with their Freightliner long nose's out West. YFS got to the point they were running doubles everywhere because they were not smart enough to control their dolly's. YRCW is now running the RDWY trucks out West with triples.
Asked about permits one day and was told it was a waste of money. You CGB guy's did not want that third trailer did you ?
The first change of operations was to turn all foreign sleepers at SLC and run it on SLC teams but it some how never worked out that way. SLC teams would not work weekends and that is what it got them.

More than half the tractors out west don't have updated permits on most of their equipment, anyway. I believe I still hold the YRC record of getting 62 1/2 of paid break down time proving it.

Second, we don't pull triples out west. It isn't our work and it is not on our contract saying that we have too pull them neither. A lot of drivers on the teams out of Chicago are not all triples quailified. Drivers need 5 years doubles experience before acquiring a triples permit, and YRC can't force drivers to get tripled quailified if they don't want to be. What? It's Chicago's fault that drivers from SLC didn't want to work on weekends?